Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mermaids deserve a pack

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I have another idea!
    Other: I'd prefer it to come as an update to Island Living so people don't have to pay twice for mermaids. Plus I think the underwater world would be great for Scuba Diving even if not playing mermaids.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Yes !
    I would like to say thank you for all who is commenting. I like to hear what other people think about this :)
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    No !
    I like mermaids the way they are as I’m not a huge occult player but not against occults for me mermaids are the right balance for my type of gameplay. I find spellcasters and vampires too much work. Mermaids are my favourite occult in sims 4.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Let me start by saying that i don't care for mermaids or occults so this thread is not for me, but i just wanted to add my opinion on improving already existing features through fully dedicated packs. It is kinda tricky because while i support crossing between packs and updating old features even if they are good, i dont know if they deserve the slot of a whole pack more than themes and features that did not have the chance to be added in the first place.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    No !
    They're okay as they are.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Yes !
    I would love a pack that adds underwater gameplay for mermaids and divers. It just seems so odd to me that we have mermaids and yet we can't go underwater with them.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    No !
    I agree with Kimmer.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2020
    No !
    They gave us exactly what they wanted us to have (or lack thereof) in the Island Living pack. Lol
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I have another idea!
    I'd like an update to the Island Living Expansion.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Yes !
    Yes, but they need to add mermaids with either Island Living and this pack (based on what you buy first) OR they need to add a whole new occult that could also get a lot of use out of this stuff, like Sirens.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    No !
    they already exist with il and tbh i've never played them in any of the series. If they weren't already here though I would say yes but since they are ...
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • skybird14skybird14 Posts: 90 Member
    No !
    I'm not a fan of occults and don't play them so it wouldn't make any difference to me but I think that the current mermaids in Island Living should be built on rather than having a seperate pack for something that should have been included.
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    No !
    @nerdfashion I would love to see a free update to the IL mermaids that includes a skills tree with powers to basically have them be sirens! They’re kind of like this already on a very minuscule scale since they can sing to change sims emotions - I want more of that, more oomph and more drama.

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    No !
    No they should have been better in the 40$ pack they came with.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    No !
    No offense but my Sims have a broken garden and you killed the Aliens. So no more supernatural things until the Aliens return.
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    No !
    @Bluebeard45 what do you mean about killing the aliens?

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    No !
    There gone is what I mean. It's all gone. No more parties. No more odd lights in the yard. Running a third family and no funny lights.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Yes !
    I would be happy to pay for more occult content.

I would also have no problem with paying for a pack that adds on more possibilities to an earlier pack that has been out for a while.

Having a new underwater world would be fantastic, and I would pay for it. It would require a lot of work from several people so of course.

I would rather buy a great pack that expanded on a previous theme than just shutting the door forever. Some things are good enough to keep adding too.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited July 2020
    I have another idea!
    Yes, Mermaids need a pack but Aliens do too. I would want a pack for Aliens first since we got cheated out of a playable alien world we could build and gain alien skills learn to prepare alien food. Skills would include Alien Tech, Flying a Spaceship, Alien Language, Preparing Alien Foods. Fix the alien bug that still persists. This pack would give us a wide range of CAS items for aliens, Sixam and a few other alien worlds would have several lots for builders to build on. Official Alien aspirations and new traits. It would be nice to not have to rely on CC to dress my alien and build them a home in Newcrest. If it wasn't for Nelfeah my aliens would have nothing but the 2 spacesuit options to wear in their alien form. Have them flying in their spaceship and abducting sims and impregnating sims through the pollinator. When that day comes Mr Rocca you will be my first abductee and you will give my aliens beautiful hybrid if not some full-blooded alien babies.

After an alien pack comes out doing aliens some justice and spellcasters have consequences for using magic including The 3 Sages then I'd like an underworld water world to build in with unique skills, aspirations, foods and songs to learn. A mermaid should have pride in their voice.

We need packs for more Occults. Werewolves, Different Fae including Faeries, Elves, Pixies, Brownies, Red Caps with both the Seelie and Unseelie Courts. Genies, Ghosts, Psychics, Romani, Demons and Angels, Otherkin etc.

Good and Evil traits improved with a category of aspirations good sims, superheroes and supervillains I would so love to play Max Villareal as Villian Deku. Collapsing governments on a whim and kidnapping the one he "loves" instead asking them on a real date like a normal sim. Mean/evil woohoo. Which would probably lose romance I suppose after all they are evil and don't do anything as a normal sim would why would woohoo or any romantic interaction be any different? Stockholm Syndrome because what sim after an aged up Max Villareal and Malcolm Landgraab made sure their presence was there for a date with them their will wouldn't suffer Stockholm Syndrome after a month or longer of reeducation at their hands. An evil sim being able to stalk their prey/the one they "love".

"Hello, Max I was in the middle of a round of golf when I was summoned by you. Can you please get some therapy and take a break from killing other Sims. I have a life too outside of being The Grim Reaper"

"Sorry Grim, I only wanted to smack this guy into next week. How was I to know I hit them too hard"

Post edited by drakharis on
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Yes !
    I should have voted for no, pressed the wrong button sorry :((

Anyways, for me, they should have scraped the Conservationist Career since they are going to do an ECO pack anyways down the line and spent that budget on mermaids or even hotels.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    At this point I'd be mostly happy if they just let them use dock ladders. They can use swimming pool ladders for goodness sake. It might seem a small thing to other people but mermaids trudging through the house to go to the shore to then enter the water to swim and then swim all the way back just to then walk through the house, drives me crazy and literally stops me playing them. I also want to be able to build houses completely on the water and not be in the ridiculous situation of EVERY OTHER OCCULT along with human sims being able to access that house, yet the lifestate that came WITH THAT PACK can't. I need a coffee just thinking about it.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    Yes !
    As a 'stuff' pack or as a 'game' pack with a new world, it wouldn't have to be directly aimed at Mermaids. Have an underwater pack like others suggested. Any additions to Mermaids could be a free update like ladders were, and how much power consumption everything uses and costs is when Eco came out, or being able to upgrade beds when Tiny Living came out. Didn't have to buy the packs for that.

A mini world would be cool. I'm thinking something like a cove where you can go underwater like others suggested, makes me think of the old movie "Bedknobs & Broomsticks".
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    Yes !
    "Beautiful Briny Sea" pack? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkviOEdx_fc
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Yes !
    I would just looove an underwater world, also BB that looks aquatic.
    I think they wouldn't even have to make it just for mermaids, instead they could make a "deep sea diving"-pack, that adds the deep sea diving skill for human sims, so non-occult players could enjoy it as well as mermaids (mermaids just wouldn't need a suit and maybe have some new, different interactions in the underwater world than humans).

I am fine with the skills mermaids have and don't really need more finns or hair, but underwater play is something I really, really miss and that could be done for both human and occult sims.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    Yes !
    I just want as much occult stuff as possible.
    banner.png