Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you a fan of the voidcritters?

2...Next

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I like them.
    It's one of the easier collections to complete if your Sim has the money to keep buying packs. I do wish that Childish or Geek Sims could play with the Battle Station.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    I can take or leave them.
    It's a nice touch to have a franchise in a franchise, and that children can actually play a game in a game with level ups and stuff.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited July 2020
    I like them well enough, just wish they added to a skill like creativity or logic and that they weren't just limited to children. I know so many adults IRL (myself included) who still collect TCG cards like Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh, so it's a shame that Void Critters are really only limited to children in the game. :-/
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    I don't have kids' room stuff or else I might like them, but I hardly know them as of yet. I've seen other references, and that's cool, but I can't say I feel any way toward them.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited July 2020
    I like them.
    I like them, they're cute and it's fun how they've been incorporated into other parts of the game. However, I've never had any of my children own/play the gaming object, with one exception. I built a really nice room for my 100 Baby challenge kids right after I got the Kids Room pack and decorated the walls with some of the stickers and placed the gaming object.

None of the kids played with it though, it was completely ignored. Now that I know it doesn't raise their fun, I'm guessing that's probably why they didn't like it and I'll most likely never give it to any of my other kids now. I don't get why they wouldn't make it a fun object for kids. Maybe it's a bug? My Sims children are usually too busy working on their aspirations, studying and doing projects for school anyway.

The only time I really even collected the cards is when my child Sim from the Just One Sim challenge would find them in trash cans while looking for a meal or rummaging for toys. Oh, I also had my Collector Sim buy a bunch of packs to complete the collection as well.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    It is complicated.
    I like them well enough, just wish they added to a skill like creativity or logic and that they weren't just limited to children. I know so many adults IRL (myself included) who still collect TCG cards like Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh, so it's a shame that Void Critters are really only limited to children in the game. :-/

Yes!!

I love them. Why can’t more sims have fun with them.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I love them.
    PS random fact. there's two versions of each card. A normal version and a limited edition foil version or something like that and they look a bit diff when displayed in the rooms
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I love them.
    Thank you for all your opinions, everyone. Reading through everything, it occurred to me something really cool they could do with them: another childhood aspiration. Prior, I have to admit I could not think of anything else either super general or specific to be a childhood aspiration, but since this was a feature just aimed at kids (though I still think teens and adults should be able to play, maybe as a reward trait of this aspiration) it would be a perfect thing for a unique childhood aspiration.

Without it tied into skills or motives I can understand why people do not have the motivation to collect and train them, but a childhood aspiration would fit perfectly into that. I remember even some in game descriptions of the legendary tamers and aspiring to stand alongside them.

I am not 100% sure how they would go about this. It would be a pretty significant thing to add to an older stuff pack via patch and voidcritters are a major part of Kid's Room. I doubt they would make it base game.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member

Yes!!

I love them. Why can’t more sims have fun with them.

Ikr? As they are they're such a non-feature, it's like why were they added outside of another thing for the player to collect? If they had more gameplay I think they'd be one of the more interesting side hobbies. They could have been used as part of a club gathering like you could have tournaments or trade them at the Flea Market. Just more than what they are currently in-game.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I love them.
    I love them, I think they're brilliant. But, as some others have said, I wish they could be more universal. I would love to see them be a new staple of The Sims like llamas, the Freezer Bunny, and Gnomes are. I also wish they all could have been options for Spellcaster Familiars.
    #Team Occult
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,026 Member
    I have never paid any attention to them, so can't really say how I feel about them.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited July 2020
    I like them.
    As others have already mentioned here, I agree that it’s great to have Voidcritters as part of a franchise within the Sims Universe.
    I grew up in the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Transformers era, so I’m a bit older than the Pokémon generation, but I get the enthusiasm.

At the moment however I don’t think there’s enough in game to make it really special outside of the Critter stations, because kids don’t really seem to care about collecting and playing them or not. Other life stages being able to trade cards and play with the kids would be great. But there needs to be more conflict between the kids. There should be rows and jealousy over VC’s between them. And they should be able to make peace about it again. Some kids could become obsessed with the VC’s and would want to watch that movie over and over again.
    If something like this is incorporated, I wouldn’t mind seeing the VC franchise expanded upon and even have another franchise compete with it, e.g. The Freezer Bunny franchise.
    It could go all the way, with a Themepark pack that includes Voidcritter rides etc.

But these sim children would have to care about them first and foremost, otherwise the station just feels like a meaningless gameplay object and the Merch is just another pile of clutter in the kid’s bedroom.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    edited July 2020
    I love them.
    I'm pretty sure playing voidcritters actually raises fun... It doesn't raise very fast, but it does anyway.

I bought Kids room stuff because of voidcritters. I wanted my kids to have something to collect and play with and I love it. Trading them is fun, especially when you get really good cards! And searching them from trash is fun too :)

As many have mentioned, I'd also love it if older sims could play with voidcritters too...
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    It's cute for a child's room only.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I actually like that they are children exclusives, I think every lifestage from child up should have exclusives makes it more desireable to play each stage.
    That said, I often forget about the cards and I never know where to put the battle station (btw. it can be used solo to train the critters, they actually level up by that, it's a great detail!), right now I don't have a kid in my world that would be into them.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    It is complicated.
    There used to be a mod so that teens and adults could play. Does anyone know of a version that works?
  • TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    I love them.
    Love them, but just as others have already said, I wish there was more to them in-game.