Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Almost Eternal - Updated February 3rd

Comments

• SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 569 Member
    Life is chaotic right now and I barely know which way I'm facing. If you've messaged me I will get back to you this weekend; I'm not ignoring you. Well, I suppose I am, technically, but... details.

In the meantime, have a chapter!

Rubbing garlic behind his ears would help

haj5wdol.jpg

Chapter 3.06 - This Secret

Banner-2-with-filters.jpg
    Almost Eternal
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    Oh! That sounds tough :/
    I hope you soon find peace in the chaos <3
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,767 Member
    No need to apologise, adult life + 'pingdemic' = no time at all X_X
    Textwall time!
    Ah, Caleb, trying to prove that he's in 'control'...good luck! I was thinking last chapter as a joke in my head, 'if he saw one of those HOT GIRLS ads he'd click it straight away.' Didn't think he'd actually do it. Honestly on its own it'd be comical, but knowing what he's been like it just makes it unnerving.

Oh gosh, when Faith digs her nails into his scalp...before I even saw those screenshots, I knew he was going to picture the cat lady and just thought about all the memories it'd bring back. Whilst Regina on your blog makes a good point, I have a slightly different thought: I was thinking that sounded quite uncharacteristic of Faith to actually say, and that maybe it was just the resurfaced trauma kicking in again. Like it sounded so unlike something she'd say to wind him up, that I do genuinely think he was hearing things at that moment. I imagined his mind immediately going back to the cat lady. Honestly, cat lady is horrible and it's the one thing that I feel sympathetic for Seth-wise because Seth does not deserve what she did, no-one does. If he kills anyone else, I actually hope it's cat lady. It's been so many years I imagine there are plenty of other victims of her as well, so I'm wondering if we'll meet anyone else who's been a victim.

Bnuuys! And is that a white bnuuy that Lilith is watching? ;O;

'Her intentions were good so how had things gone so badly?' I don't think I hate Lilith as much as your other readers, but it seems her hyper controlling nature often seems to overcomplicate things for her and everyone else, so her trying to over-control things ends up having the opposite effect a lot of the time. But then I guess in her eyes, if she lets go a bit and everything goes to garbage she probably won't forgive herself. As for the 'secret' at the end, so...did Lilith know the cat lady I wonder? And unless I've missed something, I wonder if she knew of what she did to Seth...

Now this has made me scared/excited for the possible threat of Sage and the witches against the vampires. And if April is both, which side will she choose if she has to?

they/them or she/her
    @MonaSolstraale
    Aw, thanks. Although I admit to liking the chaos. 😉

@Snowbnuuy
    Pingdemic indeed. I got pinged then immediately unpinged the other day. I was so confused.
    Caleb saw almost exactly what I saw when I did my searches ‘as him’ – a hot girl ad was inevitable, they are literally everywhere. This is the first time I’ve ever clicked one, though. What I do for research purposes. 🤦‍♀️
    I was thinking that sounded quite uncharacteristic of Faith to actually say, and that maybe it was just the resurfaced trauma kicking in again.
    Hold on to this. You are so close to something… so close. Millimetres. Cat lady still being alive would be a terrible thing indeed but as we’ve already discovered, abuse can outlive the abuser.

Oh goddess. Lilith is supposed to hate animals but she LOVED that bunny. He followed her for miles, ruining all my screenshots where I needed her sullen and thoughtful. Then, when the scene was over I permitted her to pet him and he bit her. Little vampire bunny. Anyway, I think he was grey. It’s hard to tell, it’s always overcast/raining in my HoB. Very British. I also had random, football-shirt-wearing yobs from my Wetherspoons appearing in the background in the ye olde screenshots. Outdoor scenes are hard.

Not everyone hates Lilith, but yeah her methods are flocked up.
    If she lets go a bit and everything goes to garbage she probably won't forgive herself.
    Bang on. If she tries, she can’t blame herself, but if she doesn’t try? Oof.

Lilith met the rogues, yes. She’s had a memory of them before, a while back. Seth didn’t remember his treatment at Kitty’s hands so I guess the key to knowing what Lilith knows is establishing when he lost that memory, and who took it.

Excited for a vampire/witch showdown, are we? Who would April choose, were she both? The vampires who embraced her? The witch who raised her? Something else…?
    Almost Eternal
    edited August 2021

I don't know what all those men are doing there.

wc9TigDl.jpg

Chapter 3.07 - Something Stinks
    Almost Eternal
    : 3 : 3 : 3 : 3
    First thing that came to mind in my goblin brain was those little fluffy things from that film with ‘Ahh, bright light, bright light!’ : p

The bit after the green flash honestly seems kind of peaceful, but I doubtit’s the afterlife like Mel thinks (I feel like afterlife in AE not being quite so peaceful :p) Ohh I had a feeling Caleb would have given Wyatt’s PC a virus. I’d be twice as mad as Wyatt if it were me! Yep, definitely not the Good Place if Caleb is there. Broof’s disturbed ‘you’re a man of broad tastes’ made me laugh, dread to think specifically what came up on those pics XD Yup Jess I think you’re right for alarm bells to be going off in your head, the Wangshafts I doubt would do anything that would benefit someone else more than themselves. I’m glad she hasn’t fallen for anything and is luring them into a false sense of thinking she’s been fooled.
    they/them or she/her
    @SnowBnuuy
    Did you read this one in the dark? If so, can totally imagine it being an exaggerated level of bright!

Hey now, not everything in AE can be a disaster. I bet the afterlife is great. In fact, I know it's great: it's the island in Windenburg, made over like a five star holiday resort, where all dead characters go to, um, afterlive. But enough about that; they'll all want to go there. Oof, yeah, the less said about what was on that screen, the better. A variety, for sure. 😆
    Almost Eternal

Vampiric teenagers, monstrous humans and the odd witch.

fR0Hchdl.jpg

Chapter 3.08 - Guard Down

Almost Eternal
    : ) ) )
    Melinda IMO is right to wonder if Broof cared more about Sandy than April, but part of me wonders if it’s moreso that Broof didn’t step in out of fear of Sandy, I guess similar to Travis’s own actions (or lack thereof). As for Mel, it’s easy to feel guilty for that sort of thing, but also it’s hard to know who to tell when you think someone else is being horribly mistreated- or moreso, who will listen, who has the ability to do anything about it, and who will take it seriously. Woo, the GLitS are back! Poor Jess, the last two who tried to get out ended up dead. Let’s hope she doesn’t, especially with a baby on the way…I’m glad she found someone she could trust in a bunch of tinfoil hat folks!

Lilith’s ‘…from a toilet’ line made me laugh, but she has a point; the thirst can and will overcome anyone, even Melinda, ESPECIALLY Melinda. That ‘whole lifetime to help’ line though…wham. I can tell by Broof’s face that she’s hit a nerve there, and I kinda wonder if that may have been too far or not. I’d say that Broof is a decent guy when compared to the likes of Seth and Caleb. I feel like Lil’s rage towards them both has spilled over into other men, like how she seemingly takes his remark about female vampires as something utterly sexist. But then I guess there wasn’t any of that with Chuck IIRC.
    they/them or she/her
    edited August 2021
    @SnowBnuuy
    I'm sure Broof would be just delighted to hear that three books in, he's still being compared to Travis 'Doormat' Davies. It was definitely a tricky situation, yeah, as anyone who tried to stand up to Sandy would very much be the tadpole battling against the queen frog and her lilipad city of lies (weird example, but eh, long day) and would probably end up losing track of April entirely, or maybe worse, revealing what should not be revealed.

Yay for the GliTS! When it all gets a bit too sombre, I send in the clowns conspiracy theorists.

Lilith is nasty when she's angry. Especially to non-human men. Oh and now Broof gets compared to Seth and Caleb, too! He'd be pleased to know that next to the murderous madman and the parasitic 🐸🐸🐸🐸, he's a decent guy, although granted, compared to Chuck everyone is awful.

Where is Chuck anyway?
    Almost Eternal
    I'm likely tempting fate, but it finally feels like life is taking on a rhythm I can cope better with. So, I have finally had the capacity to write a biggie, the chapter you've all been waiting for, Sage's POV. Wait... where are you all going?! Come back! It has flashbacks!

She was, for all intents and purposes, a good vampire.

LXVXNZbl.jpg

Chapter 3.09 - The Colour of Mourning

Almost Eternal
    Ooh a look into Sage's past : O I've been waiting to see what secrets she's been hiding.
    I really, really love Sage's voice, so much. She's so much different to the others and I love her flowery passionate descriptions of things, and how she's so in-tune with everything in the world right down to her furniture.

I like that Sage put the warnings about vampires aside for her since Lilith wasn't one of the murderous ones. Seeing the way Sage does April's hair into something that looks quite childlike was quite heartbreaking, like she's treating April like the daughter she never had but always wanted. There's a lot of memories all around - April reminding Wy of Cassanda (I did laugh at the 'ground corn' euphemism :P) And then even more so, reminding Sage of Tarragon... 'They do say time is a healer. They never do say how much time.' I really love this line.

I think I've already mentioned this, but from the beginning I felt that there was something between Melinda and April, definitely. I've shipped it since forever : P I do think she had feelings for Mel before she was, as Sage puts it, 'forced to be Caleb's' and honestly I wish April could get with Mel instead if it weren't for the 'binding' power thing. Part of me wonders if that was something Sandy wouldn't have agreed with (probably considering it 'scandalous' somehow and being all 'think of how the bad publicity will affect me! Me me me me!') hence why April never really went any further with it back then.

If Seth were to meet Sage now, I dread to think how awful she'd feel knowing what Seth has become since those days. I wonder if she'd sympathise if she knew what happened to him in the past, though. When her mother mentions Seth being 'misunderstood', I really don't know how I feel about Seth still. Despite everything he has done thus far, there are two things I don't hold against Seth. I don't consider him doing in his abusive father as a bad thing- good riddance to abusers- and he definitely did not deserve what Kitty did to him. I'm wondering if Lil will eventually explain to Sage that yes, she has met Seth over all these years, but I don't know how well it would go down. I find it interesting that Lil can't read Sage's thoughts since for a character so seemingly obsessed with always being in control, how do you become the one 'in control' when you've got no idea what's going through their mind?

Now I'm torn between, was it Seth or was it Kitty that killed Sage's mother? I actually think it would more likely be Kitty, although the mention in the comments of potential 'foul play in the coven' makes me wonder...

I think the High Priest almost pinning the blame on Sage and her mother for 'sympathising with monsters' is honestly uncalled for. Instead of blaming them for having an open mind, blame the individual who killed Sage's mother. I highly doubt that all witches are good-hearted souls with no evil in their hearts either, High Priest.
    they/them or she/her
    edited August 2021
    @SnowBnuuy
    Oh, so someone was looking forward to Sage’s view after all. Splendid!
    When one draws their energy from the world around them, it certainly helps to be in tune with that world. Maybe someone else in that room should take note.

Had she been raised with them, April - at 18 - would very much still be treated like a child in terms of the magic she’d be allowed to learn and, to an extent, the freedoms she’d be allowed to have. I thought it fitting that Sage be the one to begin to enforce this, and bittersweet to have it be through such an innocent little activity, so I’m super pleased you noticed it!

‘Ground corn’ was the most disappointing-sounding, unattached woohoo euphemism I could think of that also fit Sage’s flowery voice. 😂 I’m open to suggestions for better ones.

You have mentioned your April/Melinda ship, yes. That ship needs a name so they can identify the wreck. Melpril? Aplinda? We know that Mel has it bad for April but April - was it all a tease? A game? Or was she genuinely steamrolled by her oh-so-lovely mother and swept towards the straight path? Not that any of it matters as we’ll surely never know now…

Sage was 37 in her flashbacks, so Seth had been subjected to Kitty’s mistreatment for a looooong time by that point; it could have been either (or neither) of them.

Egbert was kind of a knob there, but the senior witches said they’d sort it and as Broof said, he’d ‘been led to believe that vampires were extinct’, so all the rogues were obviously all neatly exterminated and justice was done. Hurrah! The end.
    Almost Eternal
    edited August 2021
    Post edited by SnuffyBucket on
    Almost Eternal
    edited August 2021
    It's time to take you from the tragedy of the past and plant you firmly back into the joy of the present!

“Quit staring at me – I ain’t interested.”

N7Z55ihl.jpg

3.10 - Hanky-Panky
    Almost Eternal
    "I can theoretically get you anything, if you’re willing to overlook my procurement methods."

RP8cLfAl.jpg

Chapter 3.11 - Moral Hole
    Almost Eternal
    Thank you to @_sims_Yimi for her help with this one. It would have been a virus-addled pile of mess had it not been for her encouragement and fine editing skills! 🥰

You could try embracing it?

Jws96orl.jpg

Chapter 3.12 - Distraction

Almost Eternal
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Petition to have Faith ditch Seth on the spot, join the Kaz Traitors and live happily ever after, please. 😇 That's the happiest I've ever seen her face since the beginning of the story, it's still making me coo and I've seen it three times already 😂
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘

"Maybe it’s time I started caring about me."

IXPokLDl.jpg

Chapter 3.13 - A Little Talk

Almost Eternal
    ...after all the pretty lights had vanished

ilH9wSLl.jpg

Chapter 3.14 - Useless?
    Almost Eternal
    It was a fine balance, this mask of madness.

p0vF7qhl.jpg

Chapter 3.15 - Goblins
    Almost Eternal
    I am currently hosting the amazing @_sims_Yimi in my house, so in return she has offered to host Faith in Camelot.

Um... I'm sure it'll be fine. Like, 80% sure...

fhSwGdYl.jpg
    Almost Eternal
    edited October 2021
    It’s not every day she got a chance to sleep with a rock star.

V5Axvwul.jpg

Chapter 3.16 - An Education
    Almost Eternal
    edited October 2021
    Almost Eternal
    Those cats who always lose their collars

5aBtWi0l.jpg

Chapter 3.18 - Deep Trouble