Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Spark'd - Coming July 17th!

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    That was the whole point of the clip. EA is partnering with ELeague. ELeague is the TBS show airing Spark'd. TBS is a sister network to TNT. Hence, crossover and reaching TNT fans.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I was trying to watch the show but there's something weird with my TV and couldn't get sound; is there a link for the Buzzfeed online broadcast for Monday?
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • AsheyyyAsheyyy Posts: 3 New Member
    Im so excited for this :smiley:
    Maybe finally a reality show I enjoy!
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    I was trying to watch the show but there's something weird with my TV and couldn't get sound; is there a link for the Buzzfeed online broadcast for Monday?
    Try this link to catch the Buzzfeed rebroadcast on Monday :)

https://www.youtube.com/c/buzzfeedmultiplayer

• HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Not to come off as rude or ignorant, but if this is a purely an American only thing? i got no interest in it. diversity is one thing i like to see more of, not less of and EA made a point about the tolerant and inclusive side recently due to BLM, and yet turn the other cheek the users from around the world.
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I don’t like that there didn’t seem to be a way for everyone to apply to participate in the competition. They just chose from the same people who are already benefiting from being Game Changers. Nothing about this sounded equal or fair and therefore does not appeal to me.

Not to mention there are probably a good number of users out there who put their best efforts in an get completely ignored by Maxis. and they could easily do something great. There are dozens of users here who put their best efforts into creating stories for their sims on a regular basis and i bet they won't get noticed. Where is the fairness in that?

so now all we have to look forward to is the same small group of users who Maxis always look to instead of giving others a chance to shine. Where is the fairness and equality?

Hard pass. Sorry Maxis, but this doesn't represent what i want to see with a nice diverse group of users, and those users can't be just American.
  • OrangeSodaSINOrangeSodaSIN Posts: 58 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »
    Not to come off as rude or ignorant, but if this is a purely an American only thing? i got no interest in it. diversity is one thing i like to see more of, not less of and EA made a point about the tolerant and inclusive side recently due to BLM, and yet turn the other cheek the users from around the world.
    I don’t like that there didn’t seem to be a way for everyone to apply to participate in the competition. They just chose from the same people who are already benefiting from being Game Changers. Nothing about this sounded equal or fair and therefore does not appeal to me.

Not to mention there are probably a good number of users out there who put their best efforts in an get completely ignored by Maxis. and they could easily do something great. There are dozens of users here who put their best efforts into creating stories for their sims on a regular basis and i bet they won't get noticed. Where is the fairness in that?

so now all we have to look forward to is the same small group of users who Maxis always look to instead of giving others a chance to shine. Where is the fairness and equality?

Hard pass. Sorry Maxis, but this doesn't represent what i want to see with a nice diverse group of users, and those users can't be just American.

i agree 100%
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I do see some problems with this challenge

1. What is the maximum length of the movie you are supposed to create, a Sim wedding takes time and I guess the organiser doesn't have an unlimited number of people ready to view this movies. So I guess they will just watch a very select few and chose the winner from them
    2. A large number will turn of free will, which is not Sims for me, it is tha chaos they creat when asked to do a simple task
    3. A wedding?! Maybe it is just lack of imagination for my part, but in how many ways can you do a very romantic wedding, and dress up your Sims. My guess is that they will go with the one who has the best backstory to their wedding movie.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Peral wrote: »

1. What is the maximum length of the movie you are supposed to create, a Sim wedding takes time and I guess the organiser doesn't have an unlimited number of people ready to view this movies. So I guess they will just watch a very select few and chose the winner from them
    2. A large number will turn of free will, which is not Sims for me, it is tha chaos they creat when asked to do a simple task
    3. A wedding?! Maybe it is just lack of imagination for my part, but in how many ways can you do a very romantic wedding, and dress up your Sims. My guess is that they will go with the one who has the best backstory to their wedding movie.

The rules say the movie needs to be about 3 min long. The wedding doesn't have to be romantic, I guess you could take inspiration from the current situation and do pandemic wedding.
  • hilariteehilaritee Posts: 9 New Member
    I missed the first episode but hope to catch it tomorrow online. I set my DVR to record now!
  • mrln420mrln420 Posts: 577 Member

Thanks for the link. <3
  • KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    JMO but it's lame.So not interested
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    edited July 2020

~ Thank you for the LINK! I live in Australia & could not find this on reality TV anywhere, so thank you so much for linking us all! ♥ <3

Peral wrote: »

~ Three minutes for the Storytellers/YouTube videos
    ~ And Number three is what ever you can imagine for a wedding couple, a lot I have seen on the Spark'd Gallery are very creative, & have lovely stories to go with them, go have a look, you will be surprised, we have so many creative Simmers that will be overlooked because the most "popular" Simmers or the ones on multi media get all the hearts, & the ones with the most hearts are to be judged buy the Gurus & that in my opinion is so unfair for everyone whom only posts their creations on the Gallery, these same people use CAS poses to show their Sims of better, I myself have used them & there is nothing wrong with that, & they also use Default Skin & eyes, & these are not Downloaded with the sim, so what you see is not what you get! & the rules state NO CC! Defaults are CC, they are not made by the Maxis/EA franchise but are made by talented creators out side of the game! (So therefore default replacements are CC & so are CAS poses!)
    ~ Just a sample,of what peeps are doing, I put two of my creations here, it is not to get hearts but just to show you there is many ways to interpret "Wedding" & I am just showing you what my idea was, or my thought process!(I thought on it then created, I spent about a day for each household!)
    Capture.png
    ~ This is a rustic Wedding(remember they are "NOT" married yet as it is a Wedding scenario)
    https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B16FE498C99011EA86C2E659E6FCEED4?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=aussiekarima&max=50&maxis=false
    Capture-2.png
    ~ And this is a Spooky Wedding!
    https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/9DFDF1A3C8BE11EA8DAECBD06C2743CA?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=aussiekarima&max=50&maxis=true

~ I am sorry to the peeps that put their couples up already married as I only hearted the ones that are to wed(their last names are still different,as per the rules!And they are CC free! this also includes Defaults & CAS Poses, which are also CC! I used none! #NoCC or #NoDefaults & no CAS poses,there is nothing wrong with them it is just that you will be disqualified by using them as they are CC!(they do not come with the game & you can not DL load them!))

Post edited by aussiekarima on
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

• wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    i think this idea is spectacular...and it is going to be a lot harder then it first seems....very excited about this....i don't think it would cost lots to do some bug fixes...they come ..slowly sometimes and generally address that which seems to affect many rather then a few....at least it seems....anyways ..yes! very excited for this!!
  • SereneMossSereneMoss Posts: 128 Member
    popularity contests are gross and the sims community is supposed to build each other up not the other way around...
  • daisy1989daisy1989 Posts: 87 Member
    Just watched the first episode and I have so many thoughts (mainly negative). So here we go
    • I HATE how it was edited so it came across as another generic, over-the-top American reality show.
    • 90 mins to create Sims, build a house and create an impressive story? No way, that's nowhere near enough time.
    • The challenges as a whole weren't fun or entertaining to watch.
    • Why weren't players weren't introduced properly? To someone who doesn't watch their videos or play the game, they'd have no idea who they are and why would they care? Admittedly I only really watched to see Plumbella but even she didn't get a lot of screen time.
    • As talented as the players are, they're already Game Changers so why didn't EA make this open for anyone to apply so maybe smaller creators could have some time in the spotlight for once?
    • The game itself barely featured so if they are trying to market the game to a wider audience they failed.
    • I felt SO uncomfortable watching them present their first challenge - a lot of them were so nervous and anxious, I felt really bad for Steph especially.

Once again a missed opportunity by EA...they could have created a wholesome, creative show that really showcased how lovely and supportive the community are whilst also introducing some competitive elements. Kind of like The Great British Bake Off but for The Sims.

Oh well.
    Check out my YouTube channel @ DaisySims
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    I feel like I'm the only one who enjoyed the show. I like the irony everyone is boycotting the show for being rude and I as an occultist player is constantly trolled but oh no "Sims is so inclusive and wholesome and this show just makes ppl hate each other just mean I hate this show and EA and the producers." Um... Talk about hypocrisy
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • WispyeWispye Posts: 140 Member
    i watched it i liked it
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    edited July 2020
    WolfNate wrote: »
    I feel like I'm the only one who enjoyed the show. I like the irony everyone is boycotting the show

I haven't seen anyone say they are boycotting it. Boycotting requires an organized effort to make people not watch or participate in something.

I'm not interested in watching it, and it has nothing to do with it being Sims or EA. It's just not something I'm interested in...

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm sure there were others who did too.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »

If you look at who is in the current show, they are not "just American." There are non-Americans too. And there was a wide range of diversity in other ways (LGBTQ+, color, etc.)

At this point we don't know who will be chosen from among the people doing the Spark'd Challenge (which is how they'll choose the next people to be on the show.) I would imagine that COVID will have some impact on it because of travel restrictions.

However, no one is being forced to watch the show. But it is nice for those who are interested and hopefully it will bring more money into EA that they can use to improve the game.
  • BxtchSitDownBxtchSitDown Posts: 4 New Member
    I watched the first episode and really enjoyed it, I plan to watch the rest as they're released. Thank you for the content! It motivated me to start playing the sims again.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I haven't seen anyone say they are boycotting it. Boycotting requires an organized effort to make people not watch or participate in something.

I'm not interested in watching it, and it has nothing to do with it being Sims or EA. It's just not something I'm interested in...

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm sure there were others who did too.

If there are they are certainly not on this forum :*
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • amberlunezamberlunez Posts: 52 Member
    I'm starting to watch now! Apprehensive because I don't really like reality tv and I feel like the competitors are all internet famous gamers I don't know/care about (lol no offense to anyone) BUT I'm excited nonetheless. I like tayla parx so I'm looking forward to seeing her in it.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    I feel like I'm the only one who enjoyed the show. I like the irony everyone is boycotting the show for being rude and I as an occultist player is constantly trolled but oh no "Sims is so inclusive and wholesome and this show just makes ppl hate each other just mean I hate this show and EA and the producers." Um... Talk about hypocrisy

No you're not! It just needs a few tweaks and it'll become a must view for me. I love to see game-changers struggling for a change. ;)<3o:)
  • amchristianamchristian Posts: 1,246 Member

Yes! I really enjoyed the first one and can't wait to see more.