Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to make ghosts part of household...

First...we have ghost KIDS! GHOST KIDS! God I've missed them! Sims 4 don't have ghost children :disappointed:

Second, now, I've read up on it and know the techniques to do this but I was wondering if it is possible with ghosts that was not part of household at death and not related to the Sims? I know there are cheats I can use, like the NRAAS but I like to try this without cheats (but I will cheat if I have too :wink: )

I am playing the Jones' in Riverview which I have never done before and where they live there is 4 gravestones/urns on the lot which I am very interested in. Especially in the teen and the daughter and I want to make their ghost part of the Jones' family but I am not sure if the opportunity works on non related ghost Sims. Now Aiden is in the science career but he is not related to any of the ghosts on the lot but his wife is, who is working in the writing career. Now will Hannah get the Oh my ghost opportunity if she gets high relationship with either of the children or can Aiden take advantage of his career choice and add them to the family by taking their urns to work?

When I was playing the game the last time, my only experiences with adding a ghost to a family was a husband getting the opportunity for his wife and just creating a household in CAS with a ghost attached.

Comments

• CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited July 2020
    Ok I happen to be a sim ghost whisperer.

Here are two easy ways for example you want to date a ghost girl,not that I have ever tried 😏

Anyway befriending to a certain level of any ghost on the non owned lot allows you the privelage of picking up the grave like an item and carrying it in your inventory it then belongs to you.This is the ghosts way of trust,Once this occurs you can place the grave outside your lot anywhere you want (it becomes a gravestone outdoors) or in your house (it becomes an urn indoors) this allows you to interact with the ghost easily and you can form a relationship woohoo etc.

Best way to get a ghost to join your household and easiest is the Philosopher stone lifetime reward which can easily be gained by regular game cheats no mods needed and non cheating by just getting enough points to get the item through regular gameplay for 40,000 points

Very simple bind with the item will make a list list of every ghost sim in the whole town and you simply click on the one you want bound from the listand voila the ghost is now a house member.If you need the ltr cheat it is simple just ask.You can marry the ghost guy or girl just like a living sim and even try for ghost babies with them.👻 The ghost will poof right in the room you summon them from too.

Of course Sims 3 allows you to create ghost sims that you can place in empty homes as homeowner townies same as the living ones in edit town then just interact with them as usual in game is another way if you want a ghost to your liking looks wise.

If you are into weird stuff you also can have a max level witch raise the dead in your Yard with the reanimation ritual so you can do what you will with that on the Jones property or graveyard whatever floats your boat.

@zeegee Throwback of my sim moving in on one of your favorite ghost townie sims

She's mine you understand 😤

Rv4Is6O.jpg

WgmCi9v.jpg
    Post edited by CravenLestat on
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    edited July 2020

@zeegee Throwback of my sim moving in on one of your favorite ghost townie sims

She's mine you understand 😤
    @CravenLestat

OMG, Craven, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXBHCQYxwr0

And my version (which almost looks like I copied but mine was first by a few months :lol: )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yseI0EBnrT0

And P.S. I did not get this tag. Just happened to see it. :angry:

P.🐸🐸🐸🐸. Now I want to do a music video with Lolita and Craven using the psycho song :naughty:
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited July 2020
    @ZeeGee Lets just ask the ghosts decide who they want to be with

Do you want to go stay in ZeeGee's smelly game where she is mean to ghost sims?

KKgTaAi.gif

Do you want to stay forever in my game where you get to wear fabulous clothes then?

yu3UbBr.gif

:D

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    @CravenLestat Hmmm, let's do ask her.

Do you want to go stay with Craven and watch your man romance EVERY OTHER GOOD LOOKING SIM and set off your psycho urges OR...

Do you want to stay with ZeeGee and torture Gunther and end up being a Goth legend until the end of time. :open_mouth:
    @Stina1701A I do apologize for totally derailing your thread. It's what we do. :grimace: But hopefully you got the information you need from Craven's very helpful first post. :smile:
  • LashinLashin Posts: 74 Member
    Well, there’s a few ways, but it depends on whether you want them to be controllable or not. CravenLestat has a lot of decent answers, but I’ll expand on that.

Base Game: I didn’t know if you befriended a ghost, you could take their urn with you; you learn something you every day!

If I may add, you can have your Kleptomanic Sim keep swiping at the graveyard until they get the right tombstone. It’ll take several tries, because they often also swipe useless stuff like the benches and even statues.

To get a ghost baby, your female Sim needs to try for a baby with a male ghost. When your male Sim tries for a baby with a female ghost, I don’t think pregnancy results unless she’s playable because she’ll return to the Netherworld at sunrise.

To make a ghost playable in the base game, you need to have a Sim at least a good friend, partner, or a relative of the Sim who recently died, then wait for the “Oh My Ghost” opportunity. They’ll ask you to take the departed’s gravestone to the Science Lab, to get resurrected as a playable ghost. After that, you can resurrect any ghost you like if you have their urn and pay a fee of I think 5,000 simoleons.

Supernatural EP: I’m pretty certain you need this expansion pack to create ghosts and most occults in Create-A-Sim; I tried this with only Late Night - this is after the Supernatural patch - and I couldn’t create Vampires there. But in Create-A-Sim when you have Supernatural, you can create every sort of ghost save for that of Vampires who died of thirst. In fact, as long as everything is patched, you will have all the ghosts from those expansion packs available to create, even if you don’t have that pack installed.

The Philosopher’s Stone enables you to bind any ghost to your household and thus make them playable. You get that either as a lifetime reward, or when you max out the Alchemy skill.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,921 Member
    When you max out the Alchemy skill you get an opportunity chain that is named something like Alchemaic Master. You need to find three different types of collectables and deliver them to various places. The first is delivered to the Science Facility and I think it is metals. The second is delivered to the Arboretum and I think it is harvestables and the final is delivered to the Vault of Antiquity and I think that's gems. I always do uncut gems and unsmelted metals. Once you have delivered the items to the final location you will find the Philosopher's stone in your household inventory.

This is an unbelievably easy opportunity chain to complete, especially if you have the Collection Helper which you can purchase for 40,000 lifetime happiness points. But it can be used to find just about anything you could dream of wanting to find in the game and can be shared between different sims in the same household.

The hard part of this process is mastering the alchemy skill and that is hard only because it takes time. You can get your sim to study alchemy and make the same few elixirs over and over again to get them up to level 10 in alchemy.

Once you have the pholosophers stone you just bind the ghost. That might take a bit of effort to get the ghost to appear in the list available but once they are there it's easy.

Also, if you have a genie in your household, a playable genie, then you can get them to bind any sim and this makes them playable. I think the way to get a playable genie you will need both showtime and supernatural. Once you have those two EPs in stalled you can make genies in CAS.

• carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    @Karritz The first opportunity is actually getting 4 insects. I've gotten that one a lot, so I know from experience. I've never gotten the rest of the chain done, so I don't know about the others. Also, just going into map mode when you've got the Opportunity active, it'll show you where all the collectibles it wants are and will identify them if you roll over their map icons. :smiley: And the playable Genie can only enscorcel sims for a limited period of time and those sims become a part of your household, then after time is up they officially become homeless.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,921 Member
    @Karritz The first opportunity is actually getting 4 insects. I've gotten that one a lot, so I know from experience. I've never gotten the rest of the chain done, so I don't know about the others. Also, just going into map mode when you've got the Opportunity active, it'll show you where all the collectibles it wants are and will identify them if you roll over their map icons. :smiley: And the playable Genie can only enscorcel sims for a limited period of time and those sims become a part of your household, then after time is up they officially become homeless.

Thank you for putting that all straight. The thing with the genie getting control of the ghost is you then have a ghost you can more easily play with and that should make it easier to get them to join the household permanently. The only time I've actually done this was with a mermaid that kept on vanishing. I was able to get them into the household for long enough to make them friendly enough to be able to do what I wanted with them.
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    @Karritz Glad to assist. Ah, yeah. That's true about making it easier to get the ghost to join the household for good, I guess. I've never done that myself. If one isn't averse to using mods, then that person could get Nraas's MasterController and the Cheats module (I think) to get access to the Oh My Ghost! opportunity which would take care of adding the ghosts to the household for free for 1 time and then 5,000 simoleons every time after that for a single sim.