The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hoping for some help please! Issues at testing stage of world.

BobbleBeanBobbleBean Posts: 675 Member
edited June 2020 in The Sims 3 World Builders
[img][/img]F0xcB30.png

Hi everyone! Wondering if anyone has come across this before? I have been making a world for 6 years! I released it as an empty world before having my kids and have dipped in and out of finishing since then. I have now got to the testing stage of the complete world and it seems unplayable for 2 reasons. Firstly, there are no NPC's, specifically noticed as missing so far are paper boys/girls, bar tenders & maids. There are however, proprietors in the bars/venues and people at tills and coffee bars.
Secondly, whenever I move house it allows the move but then blocks access to build/buy, edit town and move again options. I know this has been seen in the normal game before over the years but I can't seem to get past it in my new world.
Fyi the game has all eps and sps absolutely no cc or mods (I do have store content) and is a recent fresh install that has been used for testing purposes only so far. The machine itself is new and of good spec so very capable. If I play another neighbourhood all the problems disappear so it appears to be my world 🙄
Any suggestions??
Edit to add, This world requires me to use task manager to quit out of the game or to get to the main menu, other worlds don't still🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

picture just to show you all what I'm working on!

Comments

• ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    It sounds like maybe your world has gotten corrupted in some way.

The only thing that came to mind was maybe try exporting and running an older version of this world to see what happens. Older versions of your worlds should be in a series of Backup folders in your Worlds folder.
    EiFlric.png
  • BobbleBeanBobbleBean Posts: 675 Member
    Thanks, this is the only thing I could think of too so will be experimenting with it later on :)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)
    I learned a long time ago to save my World at different stages (Save as...). I can go back to later saves and move layers between them if I must.
    I always save the Global layer at the start separately.

I remember restarting many worlds. It can be hard to redo all the plants and objects but it's worth it to make sure the world plays as long as it can.
    Also, you might check your Global layer to see how large it is. I don't know if it will help but there are tutorials out there on how to clean the global layer.

Also, to restart the world without too much hassle (kinda):
    1. Make a folder on your desktop with the world name.
    2. Save the world map to the folder
    3. Go through and save each paint layer to that folder (name of paint and layer number)
    4. make a new layer and mark your lots. This will be the last layer and easily removed when done. This makes replacing lots and roads and any markers you want to remember (use a good color- I used Blue). :)
    5. Start a new map and import your extracted map/change and add each paint layer in order and then import the paint layers.
    6. Now you will have a new world which shouldn't have any of the problems. (add the objects/lots/foliage) :)
    7. Save this world as a base. Rename and then open the new world to make sure you're using it.

*If you want to learn to move all your layers (not the lot layer) there is a tutorial out there for that, also.
    You can clean up each layer at this time. Or not. :)
    Thanks Rflong7 - Long time no see!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi! :mrgreen:

Or, if you have an older exported world version which works... open in with S3pe and extract it (as per the instructions). This way you can do all the updates, add the lots, finish it (save it as a base before you go further) and it should still work better.
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,991 Member
    You're an extremely helpful person @Rflong7. I would have been at a loss as to how to help him.
    Thanks again Rflong7 - I think this is my plan, fingers crossed!