Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please re-release this game and its expansion packs as a “The Sims Classic.”

I’ve been playing RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic, which is also produced by Chris Sawyer by the way, and I own this version exclusively on iOS. There is something nice about taking an old game from your youth with you and it’s the actual game too. No mobile crap involved. No micro transactions or pay to win. It’s the full game and expansion packs (cost extra).

It would be amazing to see The Sims Classic come out for Android and iOS as well as another PC re-release. It worked for Age of Empires HD Edition.

It would awesome being able to play a Sims title on the go. I don’t see why the first installment into the franchise would be a difficult task to port over since its aesthetics and mechanics don’t seem to be a big setback.

Please EA, bring this classic game back for mobile platforms. Charge for the expansion packs again, I don’t care, mobile games don’t tend to be that expensive. RCT Classic was around $7.99 if I recall. This would be really amazing.

Comments

• zero35zero35 Posts: 99 Member
    it's impossible
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    I've played games such as Open Transport Tycoon that were desktop games adapted for mobile. Controls were a nightmare. I can see it working for certain games with more basic controls, just not the Sims.
  • FreakAboutSimsFreakAboutSims Posts: 795 Member
    cody6268 wrote: »
    I've played games such as Open Transport Tycoon that were desktop games adapted for mobile. Controls were a nightmare. I can see it working for certain games with more basic controls, just not the Sims.

RCT Classic seems to have it down.

The Sims is literally a point and click game so it should be fine.
    zero35 wrote: »
    it's impossible

The FreeSO guy was already in the progress of doing just that before EA silenced him so now the only hope lays with them. Knowing how much they love to milk the cash cow until it’s dry, there’s likely zero chance of this happening now given how there won’t be any actually money in it for them because of no micro transactions. Because companies never released niche products before in their histories (e.g. iPod Touch, RCT Classic, Creatable World).
  • Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    I’ve been playing RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic, which is also produced by Chris Sawyer by the way, and I own this version exclusively on iOS. There is something nice about taking an old game from your youth with you and it’s the actual game too. No mobile 🌺🌺🌺🌺 involved. No micro transactions or pay to win. It’s the full game and expansion packs (cost extra).

It would be amazing to see The Sims Classic come out for Android and iOS as well as another PC re-release. It worked for Age of Empires HD Edition.

It would awesome being able to play a Sims title on the go. I don’t see why the first installment into the franchise would be a difficult task to port over since its aesthetics and mechanics don’t seem to be a big setback.

Please EA, bring this classic game back for mobile platforms. Charge for the expansion packs again, I don’t care, mobile games don’t tend to be that expensive. RCT Classic was around $7.99 if I recall. This would be really amazing.

After seeing the IOS version, my partner bought me RCT on Steam for my PC. I love it.
    it's impossible

How so?
    cody6268 wrote: »

RCT Classic seems to have it down.

The Sims is literally a point and click game so it should be fine.
    it's impossible

The FreeSO guy was already in the progress of doing just that before EA silenced him so now the only hope lays with them. Knowing how much they love to milk the cash cow until it’s dry, there’s likely zero chance of this happening now given how there won’t be any actually money in it for them because of no micro transactions. Because companies never released niche products before in their histories (e.g. iPod Touch, RCT Classic, Creatable World).

It would need a graphical update, like AoE received. Plus a few pathfinder improvements, but I'd purchase it 👍🏼
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    I would LOVE to see Sims 1 Complete Collection return to PC!
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I actually have the old Sims 1 complete collection working on my laptop.
  • canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    it's impossible
    I wouldn't say it's impossible. It's possible to port The Sims 1 to mobile. Whether EA would find it worthwhile to do so and they don't put micro-transactions in or ruin the gameplay is another story.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400