Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Confessions Pt 2

Comments

• Justa_G00fJusta_G00f Posts: 1,075 Member
    I play with my ears and then smell my fingers.
    How your Sims builds show your meds' effectiveness

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited July 2021
    I have been playing the same Sims since the first expansion pack.
    Mainly because the game started with so little features and it took so long to get the basic EPs and features I felt I needed.

I did not want to waste my sims on so little game play.
    I am now finally playing my sims seriously and allowing them to start families.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited July 2021
    I've used cloning (GTW), the 'Alien Aura Serum' (GTW), Voodoo Dolls (BG), and 'Drain Life Spirit' (Vampires) unethically.
    • I've cloned teens in order for my sims to raise the clones to be the perfect partners in young-adulthood.
    • I've used 'Drain Life Spirit' to cut relationship and familial ties where desired (family ties for those I want in my household, marriages for those I want to romance, and on the clones so their originals don't remember my sims or their clones).
    • I've romanced and woohooed with mortal sims using Vampiric Allure, then make them forget my sims afterwards using the 'Memory Erase' power from the 'Alien Aura Serum', and have them return to their lives using the 'Command to Leave' power.
    • I've used Voodoo Dolls to bind sims and summon them as free plasma packs for my sims. If I've the vampiric energy, I'll just drain their life spirits instead of drinking deeply. Effectively, I'm leaving them with no memories or familial/romantic ties. Sometimes when I summon them they'll have re-married or something, and that's nice and cute until I drain them again (especially the elderly ones who've found new love just days before their deaths).
    Post edited by KyreRoen on
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
    KyreRoen wrote: »
    I've used cloning (GTW), the 'Alien Aura Serum' (GTW), Voodoo Dolls (BG), and 'Drain Life Spirit' (Vampires) unethically.

-I've cloned teens in order for my sims to raise the clones to be the perfect partners in young-adulthood.
    -I've used 'Drain Life Spirit' to cut relationship and familial ties where desired (family ties for those I want in my household, marriages for those I want to romance, and on the clones so their originals don't remember my sims or their clones).
    -I've romanced and woohooed with mortal sims using Vampiric Allure, then make them forget my sims afterwards using the 'Memory Erase' power from the 'Alien Aura Serum', and have them return to their lives using the 'Command to Leave' power.
    -I've used Voodoo Dolls to bind sims and summon them as free plasma packs for my sims. If I've the vampiric energy, I'll just drain their life spirits instead of drinking deeply. Effectively, I'm leaving them with no memories or familial/romantic ties. Sometimes when I summon them they'll have re-married or something, and that's nice and cute until I drain them again (especially the elderly ones who've found new love just days before their deaths).

Well, I'm never making YOU angry! 🤣

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Here's one my Sims probably wish you didn't know--I have a mod, and none of them wear bras or underwear :wink:
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    I kill sims that annoy me but then I feel bad about it after
    I once made a "meathead". Big, strong, handsome fellow who was mean, evil and obviously has some steroid issues. I was curious what he would do but, after watching him for a while, I really started to dislike him. So, I built the old trusty Box of Walls with rugs, fireworks and fireplace. I felt bad but, I didn't. I scare myself. 😬 😮

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited July 2021
    @Justa_G00f in response to your post about builds from a week or so ago: Being good/bad at creating something is an entirely subjective thing, what one person likes another person will hate- that, and we all have to start somewhere. Some people have really liked some of my builds that I considered to be mediocre at best. Don’t compare yourselves to your favourite builders, or to the famous or more experienced ones. Take inspiration from others but don’t try to completely emulate them at the same time. Keep going until you find your own build styles that makes your houses yours (if that makes sense). Just do your own thing and it’ll all work out in the end. Perfectionism kills creativity a lot of the time, and so long as you’re having fun nothing else really matters with it.
    Post edited by SnowBnuuy on
    they/them or she/her
    @SnowBnuuy Thank you for your kind words! I always appreciate positive inspiration, especially from a trustworthy bunny! 😁
    I've forever been super critical of myself. It acts as my quality control but, you're right, it also has potentially toxic aspects. If my build doesn't have that Wow factor or, if game glitches are preventing me from obtaining it, I'm not having that much fun. (Sim traits Creative & Perfectionist)
    Finding tips and videos has helped a lot and, what I learn from others, I apply to my own style. I can't be proud of it if I copied it or if it even looks too much like something I saw.
    I get the feeling you have a Sims channel or something? If so, I'd like to check it out, if you don't mind me borrowing ideas.

Thanks again and nice meeting you!

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited July 2021
    @Justa_G00f No trouble! Being a creative sucks sometimes because it's so darn easy to just want to give up 24/7. Yeah it's finding that middle ground of not being too over critical, but also evaluating yourself so you can still improve on stuff. It's a hard middle ground to get to XC
    I'd really suggest this guide which covers all the basics but also gives different tips and ideas as well.
    (I guess my TS4 confession is that I only just found out last week how raising or lowering Foundations on houses work : P It's funny how I've been playing this game for years but am always finding stuff out.)
    Also take a look in the Sims 4 Lots thread where people post their houses and such! I don't have a channel but I have a builds thread you're welcome to check out! And last but not least you can always look online for exteriors/interior photos to give you layout ideas.
    they/them or she/her
  • Gonnawin1111Gonnawin1111 Posts: 495 Member
    Sometimes when I'm playing a family and a sim is an elder I will have them take their dog for a jog until they die of overexertion. I end up feeling really bad for the dog but not for the sim...hehe
    heyyyy i'm v ツ I'm Gonnawin1111 on the gallery too. My bestie is hymnhehim/hymnofheroes/milo ツ I love using smileys like : ) but on the forums they become :)
    My Sims make me hungry when they eat.

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    I have mentally asked a Sim “What’s with the moodlet, dudelet?” on at least two occasions.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I don't put a Sim based on myself in the game, I have done it a couple of times via a friend's request, but I avoided that household afterwards. Never have been a fan of naming characters after myself in other games either.
    I spend more time creating families, or coming up with ideas for what my town will consist of versus actually playing the game, which I find kind of lacking, but putting a character in it makes it less so. What I mean is that instead of a Sim doing a random act, a Sim Elsa is doing that task kind of thing. It makes the game a bit more fun for me.
    I haven't played the Sims in 2 weeks. 😩😭

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Ever since the TS2, I've always had a household with at least one servo

When Discover University came out for TS4 every household I've made that day forward had at least 1-2 servos
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    The first thing I do on a new lot is place a planter and buy 3 garlic seed packs. I place one seed on each side of the front door, and the other 4 seeds in the planter so I have a steady supply of garlic. Vampires are annoying, but at least I can make them work for their snacks.

I've force fed Lilith Whatsername a garlic clove and she threw up a few times. It was pretty yucky.
  • d0ll_v0m1td0ll_v0m1t Posts: 23 Member
    once i downloaded the extreme violence mod and made my entire class and made everyone fight to the death
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    edited August 2021
    @d0ll_v0m1t We're not supposed to talk about that mod here, just so you know.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • PixilatedPixilated Posts: 42 Member
    I have been playing the sims since the sims 1 and I have never made it to old age. I get anxious just thinking about my sim growing old and dying that I turn off aging. I've made it to adult but never elderly. I'll even age up other households but never my own.
  • angelbearangelbear Posts: 151 Member
    Even though I have all the expansions packs and kits because we all Sim in my family and like different things I have yet to fully play all of them or explore all of their features. I stick to a select few worlds. I gotta branch out more
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    My young sims will soon have to start dating their cousins, because there simply won't be anyone around they aren't at least distantly related to. The woes of having too many children, who then went and had children of their own.
    I haven't been able to try out the new pond tools yet. My other laptop is down because it will burn your hand from overheating.

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    I have a sim whose sole purpose in life is to seduce Elder women, invite them to live in his home, and then woohoo them to death after he has their money. He's a modified townie with the nickname "The Butcher of Kharkiv"; his most notable "conquest" was freeing Raj Rasoya of his hectoring mother in San Myshuno.

Show me a married premade and I'll show you someone whose marriage is about to be destroyed. Premades with potential value to my simworld's story canon are thus made available for dating/marriage; those without are killed off. Or, in the case of the Landgraabs, Geoffrey has been made to raise Nancy's illegitimate children by various men as his own, but the two remain married. He gets a measure of revenge by woohooing his way through as many women as he himself can get hold of.

My simworld is otherwise a fairly idealized place in a '50s sitcom sort of way. Wholesome families who say their prayers to the Watcher and stay out of trouble while striving to be their best selves. Definitely an escape from real life!
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    September 20th, 2020,
    A day that shall live in infamy.

CK213 wrote: »
    00%20Status%20Update.png

Well....

This should be shocking.
    I just uninstalled The Sims 4. :#
    (A note from the future, this didn't last long, explained on the next page)

I was playing Uni, in my wonderful dorm, with my wonderful sims, and I was feeling so fed up with the game.
    I put it out of its, and mine, misery.

Yes, I uninstalled the Sims 4.
    And it did not last long because October 20, 2020 this happened:
    CK213 wrote: »
    67_PO(1).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    Okay...
    This is the condition for which I said would make me reinstall TS4.
    Gee... that was quick.

tS4_personality_overhaul(1).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Need to know more.

And then there is this:
    https://youtu.be/MwOpX9pWsdU

-Love Japanese Culture
    -Have wished for downhill skiing
    -Love the idea of my climbing machine sims actually able to mountain climb.
    -Another vacation break alternative for my Uni sims.

I will build a new computer soon, and if the personality overhaul is a wonderful feature,
    I will most likely reinstall TS4. [Without Eco Lifestyle]

[Update]
    https://youtu.be/ai3I5Yu53uM
    Yeah, this a good change in direction.

Dang it, EA!
    Just when you think you're out, they drag you back in.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds