Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hint at a colorwheel?

2...Next

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Sorry, it will never happen.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I just noticed that the profile picture on The Sims youtube channel is a sort of rainbow with black and brown and white and other colors. Could this be a hint that we could be getting a color wheel for skin colors soon? I know that there was a petition out there to get a color wheel for skin colors. What do you think?

That would make me a very happy Simmer, but I seriously doubt it after the game has been going on for such a long time without it.

I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    It annoys me that things are hard to match for me. I spend so much time looking for shades that match and sometimes i have to settle for a style i dont care for just because it has the right shade.
  • savuti6savuti6 Posts: 24 Member
    Yip I am really desperate to know how to get highlights (tip and roots ) in my sims hair? The CAS controls are soo confusing after Sims 3 .
    Have seen a few videos and read through your challenges for makeovers but for the life of me cannot see "how to" apply make up, body art or tats..Has anyone got a basic tutorial or "how to" use the Sims 4 CAS tool? Feeling like a frustrated noo boo ~ Savuti aka Savuti6
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    I would have loved a colour wheel from the start, but the Gurus have said multiple times that we won't be getting one for the Sims 4.

Since that's the case, I really want them to update and include more swatches to the existing skin tones, eye and hair colours, because what we currently have is not enough.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited July 2020
    I thought it was a major thing I needed, when TS4 was released without it, but now we don't have it, I don't really miss it so much. I spent ages furnishing homes and dressing sims with the color wheel and the pattern option in TS3, and really, it was more like work and I am kind of glad I don't have to do this anymore. But I understand everyone who wants the option and needs it for gameplay, so I would be happy for you if you got it at last.

Major things I need and really miss: various group activities (I miss lots of them and the lack of them is what makes TS4 boring at times for me because there isn't much to do once you've majored every career etc - Sims need to interact more in groups, not just talk, what about group sports like soccer with more than 2 sims?), more active careers, more stuff to do for toddlers, kids and teens (especially group acitivites again, I miss the "play on playground" option we had in TS3) and babies that are real sims (I wish we will get babies like in TS Mobile at some point)
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    For me color wheel was a bit overwhelming because of how many variations there were. But I think atm we get enough color schemes to choose from. I’m not opposed to the color wheel but isn’t that one of the reasons the sims 3 was buggy?
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    edited August 2020

You seem very sure of that, are you a dev or a guru? Would you mind elaborating why it will never happen?
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member

You seem very sure of that, are you a dev or a guru? Would you mind elaborating why it will never happen?

https://youtu.be/SKzjiiox0Fk?t=1590

In this video, Simguru Linsday says that they can't make a full colorwheel work for the Sims 4. "How could that (a colorwheel) ever excist in the Sims 4? It can't. Which is not the fun answer." Maybe that is what Jordan061102 was pointing out? She also said it can be done for certain aspects of the game, though. Certain objects or for example, certain hairs...
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,669 Member

In this video, Simguru Linsday says that they can't make a full colorwheel work for the Sims 4. "How could that (a colorwheel) ever excist in the Sims 4? It can't. Which is not the fun answer." Maybe that is what Jordan061102 was pointing out? She also said it can be done for certain aspects of the game, though. Certain objects or for example, certain hairs...

It reminds me this

"Your uncertainty, certainly shall become certain, under certain conditions in no uncertain terms." From future cube
    I once heard someone said that it may be something we hope will be added, but it's not the same as imagined

And I found this thread
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976201/again-a-color-wheel
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I think it's way too late, there will be too much content that would need to be remade to allow for a color wheel. Maybe it could be done only for hair/skin/eyes etc, but frankly, I don't really think they should spend developers' time on such a limited feature improvement. Besides, most CC would probably go broken.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I think it's way too late, there will be too much content that would need to be remade to allow for a color wheel. Maybe it could be done only for hair/skin/eyes etc, but frankly, I don't really think they should spend developers' time on such a limited feature improvement. Besides, most CC would probably go broken.

Agree, at this point there's just too much content to be re-worked. It was possible to do with pets, because they were new and stand alone.
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member

Never seen that before, seems to make sense given Sims 4's format there really isn't room for a LOT of things, or at least things that the playerbase want.
  • JADETIGERJADETIGER Posts: 23 Member
    I would be happy with a simple external color wheel tool for CAS, build and buy that I could then add items to my game and not have said items counted as custom content.
  • CrzydramaqueenCrzydramaqueen Posts: 632 Member
    I know they said no color wheel, but I would love at least having basic swatches. I want my clothes and furniture to match!
    cropped-vampiresig-e1486927472938.jpg
  • YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    imo at least the hair should have a color wheel... or skins. interferes with each other as there are haircolor/skins that dont fit witch eachother.