The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's 2020 and I'm still buying stuff from the sims 3 store

Comments

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,425 Member
    @Avatarit, is there anything in the store for less than nine Simpoints. :D I have seven. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    @Avatarit, is there anything in the store for less than nine Simpoints. :D I have seven. :D

@Nikkei_Simmer As a matter of fact yes! :smiley:
    Here is the daily deal rotation where you can find several items that are 9 points or less (if you can schedule the daily deal :wink: )
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/774450/current-dd-daily-deal-rotation-sales-help-started-september-22nd/p1

For instance, the Family Treasures Wall Shelf, https://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:63873 with the daily deal discount, is 7 points :wink:

• BlondePumpkinBlondePumpkin Posts: 93 Member
    I started playing in the mid 2000's. I have a few odds and ends from the store but I never really put a lot of time into it. I just got done looking through the store and I see quite a few things I'd love to have in my game. One of the venues has a tea set! I guess I'd better start saving. :s
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I think I own everything but... according to my page four worlds. Well, 3. I just bought Monte Vista so I don't have Barnacle Bay, Roaring Heights or Dragon Valley. Now in hindsight I'm being super cheap not getting Barnacle Bay. I could've had that years ago so I don't know why I never got it. Although looiking at the pictures in the store I'm getting strong Sunset Valley vibes which is probably why. Looking at Monte Vista now, I can't remember why I didn't originally buy it, but it's $19.99 so I went ahead and got it a few minutes ago.

But with Roaring Heights and Dragon Valley the thought of paying the original asking price when Sims 4 has been out for this long... I get they're throwing in simpoints, most likely to get the venues but I already own the venues. Then Dragon Valley's standard edition doesn't come with the Celtic Lands. If I knew I could get it by itself I'd buy standard. Standard edition Roraing Heights doesn't come with the Boardwalk Attire but I could budge on that, looking at it now. Dragon Valley may be the last world I get.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
    When I can afford it, I'd probably go for Dragon Valley GOLD edition, since I certainly could use the Black Dragon.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Of course I do.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member

7 simpoints left is much better than having 2 simpoints left. Lol. Hoping SN or UL will give me more but I don't know.

I might buy Roaring Heights eventually now that I have all the EPs I want. It's just SPs and store stuff left to get now.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • pinkrobinpinkrobin Posts: 110 Member
    I still check the store as well sometimes.

@ZeeGee Have you heard back from your friend? Just wondering :)
    EA ID: Praktrosella
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    Thank you all for your "input" on this thread. Never having been much of a store purchaser before, and after buying the "entire TS3" series on a big steam sale a few years ago, I thought I had it all. This thread prompted me to take a closer look. I had no idea there were so many worlds that I didn't have, not to mention individual items and venues. After discovering I could play rotationally thanks to NRaas, TS3 have become equal to TS2 as for my love of all things Sims. It looks like I do indeed have a lot more money to spend.
    That store is incredibly dangerous...

...on the life-expectancy...of one's finances. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I've been very fortunate to have been gifted many things - worlds, venues, sets, individual items - but have also parted with much of my own money over the years both on items for myself and to gift to others. The Store contains some gems that I couldn't imagine not having in my game!
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    the only thing i don't like about the store is i can't seem to download in bulk. I have to download things 1 by 1 which is a pain when reinstalling after a new hard drive or something.

The 'select all' just doesn't work on modern browsers it seems. I tried with several none of them work.
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    @Katina Still hoping she will show up :)

I've only just noticed I seem to magically have the greenhouse.. was your friend or someone else??
    if it was her tell her thank you so much <3
  • Simsalot99Simsalot99 Posts: 100 Member
    I keep store content backed up on a thumb drive and external hard drive (and a backup of those!) so it's easy to move it to a new hard drive. The download is pretty bad if starting over.
    ugh i just bought another 10,000 simpoints
    what's wrong with me :'(
    edited August 2020
    ok after buying everything i could i had 800 simpoints left over which wasn't enough for other stuff i want so gifted what little i could to others who posted their wishlist on here :)

15 simpoints left. RIP
  • XamielXamiel Posts: 56 Member
    I own all worlds and venues. There’s a ton of build/buy stuff I don’t have.....yet. Just spent about 5k simpoints this past week actually.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited August 2020
    I bought 1000 sim points over the weekend, bought two things to complete sets, and I think I got double-charged, because the web browser glitched, I refreshed, and now I have the items I bought twice in my purchase history. I talked to tech support and they were unable to help me. So I have about 300 points left and I dunno what to do with them yet.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • SimmerusSimmerus Posts: 7 New Member
    Yeah it's kinda addicting as there are some amazing items and furniture that add new gameplay which CC couldn't (or I was just unlucky to find any) :#
  • MsDaisyMsDaisy Posts: 22 Member
    I just bought Roaring Heights and Monte Vista and I'm planning on buying 10600 simpoints. I started playing the sims 3 in 2017 and for some reason I received 2000 for every EP and SP (maybe a bug? idk) and I didn't feel the need to buy more simpoints but now I'm starting to get interested in the store content.
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Welcome Aboard at the Forums @MsDaisy.

I don't have Roaring Heights, but Monte Vista is nice.
    Monte Vista has an interesting array to the colors of the sunlight at different times of day.

Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • MsDaisyMsDaisy Posts: 22 Member
    @BlackSand Thank you! Roaring Heights is very nice (even nicer than Monte Vista) and is definitely worth checking out.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    I can't believed that I just bought the Japanese bathroom. O these daily deals ... :D

6xTRdON.jpg
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I’m buying stuff from the store. It’s to good to resist and I have no self control. I want all the hairs and clothes. :D
    God help me, if I win the lottery. Hello...2 of everything in the Sims 3 Store...one set for me. one for my wife.
    GYZ6Ak9.png