Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bug report - delay when clicking on computer

ladysweettartladysweettart Posts: 239 Member
Last time I had a glitch I was unable to find the place where we can report bugs / glitches so I am posting it here to see if A) maybe someone else is experiencing it and B-if someone could link me to where I can report the bug.

So this is what's happening - anytime I have one of my sims click on the computer (like you do to have them use the PC), there is about a ten second lag before any of the options show (i.e. "Socialize", "Research ", etc). At first I thought maybe I missed updating a mod, but I restarted without mods and the glitch still occurs. I then repaired my game, and reset my Sims 4 folder, and the glitch is still happening (with no mods). So it is clearly an in-game glitch. There is no lag when selecting anything else (stove to cook, other sim to talk to, TV to watch, etc). Is this happening to anyone else and can someone show me where to report this? Thanks!
I have a YouTube Channel dedicated to Sims 4! You can find it here if you are so inclined!

www.youtube.com/c/LadySweettart

Comments

• Ayers010Ayers010 Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes I’m having the same issue !
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I have had this happening for months in my game and just assumed it was a mod. I have never bothered to test without them though.

In my game it lags the most when a child clicks on a computer, it takes forever for the menu to appear. The adults have a slight lag, but the kids are much worse.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • MarmaladeJadeMarmaladeJade Posts: 108 Member
    https://help.ea.com Try there.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I've found the same issue recently aswell. Half the time it doesn't load at all or takes a while to come up and then I have to keep resetting my sim
  • Freyr35Freyr35 Posts: 1 New Member
    Same here delay when clicking on the computer. Even when the cursor is over the computer the game seems to freeze.
    I tried without CC on my main saved game (which was full of CCs) it's happening but when i try with a save wich never had CCs on it no freezze at all.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    It only took 1.5 seconds to load for me and I have 3gb worth of mods and cc.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • YoleeYolee Posts: 181 Member
    Having the same issues since downloaded the pos expac, Eco Living.
  • kidlit59kidlit59 Posts: 28 Member
    There is a bug report about this with a lot of players having the same problem, including me. Hopefully, they'll figure it out and get it fixed. It's quite a long lag.
  • matheus_mar_1999matheus_mar_1999 Posts: 105 Member
    Got the same issue here, I can't do anything in game after I click on the computer and I need to wait up to 30 sec to do something
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I have this issue as well. I actually thought my game was lagging. It's good to know it's not just me. :D
  • ladysweettartladysweettart Posts: 239 Member
    Yep, I was able to report it as a bug on there as well. I'm just glad now to know that they know it's occurring and will hopefully fix it!
    I have a YouTube Channel dedicated to Sims 4! You can find it here if you are so inclined!

www.youtube.com/c/LadySweettart