Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

getting ready for eco

how is everyone get their game ready for eco making a new sim or maybe using an older sim working on skills tell me what your doing to get ready for eco

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Not really anything at the moment, but I do have a save that I have been working on for a long time. I don't play it, but rather use it for a starter template. But after I am able to add Eco to it, there will be several of the premades getting some makeovers. I really love the CAS aspect of the game. After that, I will be going into all their homes and business to add different aspects of the pack through out the game save.
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    I tend to start a new save with each new pack (except with some Stuff Packs), so that's the plan with Eco Lifestyle as well. :smile:
    I'll get my Simself updated with the new CAS content (her aspiration, traits, hairstyle, etc.) and maybe start working on her house. But other than that, starting from scratch with a new save means not much preparation is needed. :wink:

What's your plan?
  • StrangerthanStrangerthan Posts: 345 Member
    I'm a serial re-starter so it's a toss up between starting a new save or moving the sims I'm currently playing to the new world. Currently I like my sims but we'll have to see if it's that still true when the expansion hits...
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    I, too, suffer from restartitis so you can guess what I'll be doing :D

I do have a base save though, which I just edit now and again and then start a new game from that. I will be editing various Lots once the pack comes out.

For now, I am busy writing bios for all the households as I filled every single residential Lot with sims. I also need to create a new household ready for the new world.
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    how is everyone get their game ready for eco making a new sim or maybe using an older sim working on skills tell me what your doing to get ready for eco

I am not doing anything. My sims just carry on with their lives. Once Eco Lifestyle is implemented, they probably find ways of living with that, too.
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    I’m only playing on one save. Have made some shipping container look a like houses I have put on the gallery. :)
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Going to cheat my main save so everything is an ecotopia! However, I'm also going to start a new save specifically to start afresh in Evergreen Harbour and to clean the place up. I'm going to be using a YA Morgan Fyres who's trying to distance herself from her Renegade adolescence (I find it so interesting how she's part of that group, yet literally has the Good trait and so would be chronically uncomfortable around Max!).
  • StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    I started a new game. I'm giving the premades makeovers. Adding some sims. I'm playing a little with aging off. The New Skill Day is a couple of days away. I wanted to start Eco Life on New Skill Day so when I get it it won't take long to max a skill. I need a witch with the needs potions so they can just work on a skill the whole day and not have to worry about anything else. I won't have time to do that though. I'm either going to stop playing for now or try to play through a couple of years until New Skill Day comes up again. Do you know how often New Skill Day comes up? Is it every 2 years? Or 3? Maybe I can get a sim to get the Savant reward and get to New Skill Day! I'm totally going to max one of the new skills as soon as I can download the game! Maybe 2 skills!
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I just finished 3 container based/Tiny Living homes.
    Well, until I get Eco Lifestyle so I can add eco content to them.
    05_28_20_8_11_32_AM.png

05_27_20_10_16_44_AM.png

05_27_20_10_17_34_AM.png

05_28_20_8_30_18_AM.png

05_28_20_8_30_30_AM.png

Next, I am going to start thinking about community spaces that I want to create.
    I will be playing my ongoing save. Only one sim will move to Evergreen harbor, since it fits her story best.
    Other sims will move there after they graduate from Uni. I have a lot of sims. Some will also go to San Myshuno.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm still using the same save from when sims 4 first came out. I am currently preparing by making a few new sims I want to live there. Plotting on which of my current families should move there, getting cc downloaded that I want to add for story purposes. And just overall reorganizing my folders,mods, and cc. So when the new pack comes I can just jump right into it! 😆
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    Can we have community lots in all worlds? I don’t remember.
  • freindlylolfreindlylol Posts: 358 Member
    i am getting a sim ready she is learning gardening and handiness
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    I'll probably not get the pack right away, as I play less during Summer. But I'm sort of planning a few community space lots, eco clubs and misc political matters. I integrated the new traits to my online residents registry so I can already "pick" those new traits when someone grows up - and just adjust it later when I get the pack. I know a few sims/households who will focus on eco living, I might free up some space on their lot for new equipment. Also planing a couple small permanent maker stations on community lots - hoping they will function well for my active sims even if the lot is categorized as something else.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I plan on testing it and playing with the premades for a week or so. Sometimes there is a bug that I want them to work through before I use it in my long term saves. Besides I enjoy making new saves too. Some of the new aspects of the pack are a little confusing to me also (community lots, voting specifics and interactions and more) so I want to get a handle on all that.
    egTcBMc.png
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Can we have community lots in all worlds? I don’t remember.

The Community Spaces lots can be placed in all worlds.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    edited May 2020
    I’m building what will be the community spaces in the other worlds for now. This is the one I added in San Myshuno (it isn’t complete because I’m waiting for the dumpsters etc. from the new pack)
    CVmQiTi.png
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    I've built a couple shells for the community spaces. Most of everything I need to do to get ready for the pack, requires the pack. I'll be updating my save files so that means rebuilding everything and making all new sims, so it will be several days before I get to the actual gameplay.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited May 2020
    I’m working on getting my sim who will be moving to evergreen harbor to finish uni. She’s got one week left but I want to finish and briefly move her back in with her parents. She will be a stylist as that was always my plan for her but when I move her to port promise I’m taking all of her money away and she will only be left with her important career items. So in that last week of uni I’ll be working on getting her other skills required for stylist up like writing and charisma. She failed a class so this last week only is one class to make that up.

It’s not a true rags to riches as she’ll be level 7 at least in her career and making decent money but it’ll still be a fun way to kind of restart with her. She’ll live off the grid too and with the tech side of stylist career that will present a fun challenge where she won’t always be able to work on her home lot. I’ll probably have her have a kid with Knox but not sure if I’ll actually have her marry him.

Either way I’m really excited to get her ready to move and she’s one of my favorite sims.

My other main save is a newer legacy and I’m gonna play them and see what happens as I randomize traits and aspirations with these sims. It’ll be fun to play the eco side and the action plans. They live on the island in windenburg so I’d love to see if both ways at some point.
  • sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    I originally wanted my sims to get degrees for the new careers, but one of them already has a physics degree for engineering, and if I'm sending them to uni I want a degree for both, and can't decide what to go for, so I'm probably going to skip it for now.

Other than that, it's deciding which neighbourhoods could use community spaces. The older ones are tricky, especially those with only 1 or 2 lots in the neighbourhood. What would a community space on the Windenburg Island look like? They could certainly use one, they're so isolated otherwise. Well, that and deciding where to send some of my existing families to Evergreen, especially where to send my main family. 8 families for sure, because the Caboose is definitely becoming residential.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Sorting my mods and CC.

Trying to narrow it down to the essentials. That should reduce the time I have to wait before I can get the expansion myself.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited May 2020
    I have been going through and deleting unused lots in some of my other worlds, to make space to add community lots. (E.g., I have literally never once used the gym in Windenburg, and knew right away that I would replace that.) So I've also given some thought to which community lots I might want in certain neighborhoods.

I have a sim that I created a while back that I really like, but I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with her/what I wanted her life story to be, so I haven't played her yet, but it turns out she should be a great fit for Evergreen Harbour. There's not really much else I can do to get her ready, though, until I actually have the pack.

I've also been thinking about which Neighborhood Action Plans might work well in which neighborhoods. The obvious ones are the arts-related plans in certain neighborhoods in San Myshuno and Del Sol Valley. But I'm still working on that.

I guess I should probably take another look at my eco-commune on Sulani (they are definitely voting for free love! :D ), to make sure they have empty spaces on the property for solar panels and water collection, as well as some of the other new items. I mean, in general, that's a pretty good idea, if you know you have certain families that are going to want to brew drinks or make candles, etc., now is a good time to do some property cleanup to make room, so you can just pop the new items in once you have them.
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I'm really excited about the expansion pack but I won't get it for a while since I want to wait until all my mods are updated so I haven't done anything to prepare yet. I will keep playing with my main save, I'll maybe make a new sim in that when I actually have the pack to explore. :)
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    ... snip... I've also been thinking about which Neighborhood Action Plans might work well in which neighborhoods. The obvious ones are the arts-related plans in certain neighborhoods in San Myshuno and Del Sol Valley. But I'm still working on that. ... snipp ...

Did anyone put together a full list of the community plan alternatives?

PS: No idea if you have any residential lots on the Windenburg harbor area, but if not - the community space voting won't work. But maybe you are planning just one community space version, as with permanent content?
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member

There's a video by sim community focusing on all N.A.P.S - HERE.

Harukotyan wrote: »

There's a video by sim community focusing on all N.A.P.S - HERE.

Thanks! Makes it easier to do some planning :)