Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom content and updates

So i only recently started using some BB and CAS CC. When the update comes,should i also get rid of the CC the way i do with mods,or can they stay without causing any problems?

Also,regarding mods,is there an issue if i don't get rid of MCCC and UI cheats?I'd be tough to play without those... With previous updates i just kept them and there weren't any problems. But i'm asking because this is a bigger update so i wanna know how to manage this.Sorry if this is a dumb question,but i'm pretty new with mods lol.

Comments

• mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    You can leave CAS CCs and object CC that do not have function.

Some functional cc might break. I.e. bathtubs/beds. But all you need to do is open up s4studio and rebatch them. They will not break your game if you leave them be, but they will not be usable.

Mods are the ones that will need updating, the UI cheat especially. You'll have to check out the creator page for updates but they usually do them fairly quickly.
  • idkidkidkidk Posts: 75 Member
    You can leave CAS CCs and object CC that do not have function.

Some functional cc might break. I.e. bathtubs/beds. But all you need to do is open up s4studio and rebatch them. They will not break your game if you leave them be, but they will not be usable.

Mods are the ones that will need updating, the UI cheat especially. You'll have to check out the creator page for updates but they usually do them fairly quickly.

Thanks a lot!
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited May 2020
    UI Cheats and MCCC are almost guaranteed to require an update each time a new game update is released. UI Cheats can be safely removed from the game until the creator of the mod releases an update. Certain screens and features won’t look right if you keep an outdated version in the game so definitely remove that.

But if you remove MCCC you will lose whatever settings you have saved for it. If MCCC is not updated when you play, the features just won’t appear. So I like to keep it in my game so I won’t lose the settings and just check for an update on the regular.

I don’t use much CAS CC but I’ve never had an issue with any of it breaking after a game update.

BB CC has broken before. If the update adds new beds for example, some CC beds may not work without an update in S4S. The same may happen for countertops or sofas. I don’t use much BB CC but usually the batch fix will solve any problems. On rare occasions you may have to redownload the CC because the modder has done some kind of internal update to make them work again.

But for the most part, concentrate on mods and look for a batch fix in S4S for your CC if it is available.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Any cc flooring you have will probably break too due to the new flammability levels/ratings for floor types.
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    @loubyloulou Oh, great. I hope not. 😅 Mod updaters are mostly on top of their stuff, but I don't think quite the same about cc flooring.
  • elin86elin86 Posts: 4 New Member
    I guess also all windows and door cc will break after next update 😱😱😱😱 because you can then move it more freely.
  • _starfrog_starfrog Posts: 84 Member
    doesn't look like MCCC or UI have been updated, yet :(
    still using fabric softener
    _starfrog wrote: »
    doesn't look like MCCC or UI have been updated, yet :(

They won't be, until the patch drops.
    it said there was a new content patch available on my origin yesterday! i swear?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    _starfrog wrote: »
    it said there was a new content patch available on my origin yesterday! i swear?

An Origin patch maybe, not a Sims game patch.
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    An Origin patch maybe, not a Sims game patch.

it must have been. :)
  • daisy1989daisy1989 Posts: 87 Member
    As this is the first time I've had mods and CC in my game before an update, I was wondering is it best to remove the mods before the game updates?
    Check out my YouTube channel @ DaisySims
    edited June 2020
    daisy1989 wrote: »
    As this is the first time I've had mods and CC in my game before an update, I was wondering is it best to remove the mods before the game updates?

Yes :) Make a back-up copy of your whole Sims 4 folder (including Mods) and then remove the Mods folder before patching. Test the game works before putting any mods/cc back in.

ETA: Simmer luthienrising will be creating a super useful thread in this section that'll detail all the broken mods and cc as a result of tomorrow's patch. Keep a close eye on it! It'll be invaluable.
  • daisy1989daisy1989 Posts: 87 Member
    OK great, thanks for your help :)
    Check out my YouTube channel @ DaisySims
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited June 2020
    Re. CC flooring, since not all flooring seems to be rated to be more flammable or flame-resistant (from what we saw in the livestream), I actually don't think floor CC will break! Totally prepared to be wrong, though :D
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    srcript mods will be mostly like to break:
    Sim Realist's Bills mod
    Master Controller
    Royalty Mod(?)
    Kwastaice's Mods?
    Scarfical's mods
    UI cheats mod

and two "unmentionables" mods we can't discuss on this site.
    6adMCGP.gif