Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone looking forward to the update for off the grid

2...Next

Comments

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I'm itching for this update. The only thing that's keeping me from going crazy is solving the Strangerville Mystery while I wait and juggling it with a career. I've got tons of vacation days.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I am very excited. I have just recently started playing OTG and I had hoped the showers could be upgraded beyond brackish water, but it was not to be. The filter is exactly what is needed. I hope they make the candles OTG compatible too. I'm really excited for the new pack!
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • BansheesHeartBansheesHeart Posts: 26 Member
    We have needed this! I am so happy with the updates they are making! This overhaul is much needed, not just off the grid, but the other updates as well!
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Yes. Very much looking forward to it. Brackish water and candles not working were too annoying. Also want more plumbing objects. There's renewable energy coming too right?
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    Yes. Very much looking forward to it. Brackish water and candles not working were too annoying. Also want more plumbing objects. There's renewable energy coming too right?

There are solar panels, windmills, solar roofs, green grass roofs, biofuel made from bugs, and there may have been some other things I am forgetting.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »

There are solar panels, windmills, solar roofs, green grass roofs, biofuel made from bugs, and there may have been some other things I am forgetting.

I'm going to love this pack already. Thanks!
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I want a whistling kettle that can be used on the stove, and make tea, coffee, and herbal drinks with instead of bulky electric appliances! I love my Micro home but it doesn't have space for appliances and there is no need for all that 20th Century baggage. Just a whistling kettle. And a campfire coffeepot that is also good for tea. Simple and off the grid and tiny living compatible.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I want a whistling kettle that can be used on the stove, and make tea, coffee, and herbal drinks with instead of bulky electric appliances! I love my Micro home but it doesn't have space for appliances and there is no need for all that 20th Century baggage. Just a whistling kettle. And a campfire coffeepot that is also good for tea. Simple and off the grid and tiny living compatible.

Now that is a great idea, I wish they would implement this!
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

This has to be my gripe with this pack. It lacks items or swatches that would fit in with a more woodsy approach to off the grid. A kettle version of the tea maker would be great. I'd also like a wooden looking version of the wind turbines, even if they don't work low tech in real life.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited May 2020
    CelSims wrote: »

This has to be my gripe with this pack. It lacks items or swatches that would fit in with a more woodsy approach to off the grid. A kettle version of the tea maker would be great. I'd also like a wooden looking version of the wind turbines, even if they don't work low tech in real life.

Considering how so much of this game is just aesthetics, I can't understand why we aren't getting more objects in a variety of styles that do the same things.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member

I would love a kettle to make tea. Because as a person who likes to drink tea in real life, I really miss a more traditional way of tea making.
  • MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    I think it's a much-needed update. I found Off the Grid pretty poorly done (imho) when I tried it out. I think I lasted about one Sim week before my Sim's house was "hooked up to the electrical grid" and I turned the lot trait off! I'll definitely give it another shot after the update though.

Also nthing the need for a kettle. I'm British - how can anybody live without a kettle?!
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I am a bit late but I finally managed to watch the livestream. I am really looking forward to the update for the off the grid lot trait. I only recently started to play around with this particular lot trait and I enjoy it a lot.
    The off the grid part of the patch is mentioned in the livestream at 1:29:30

From what I understand following updates will happen for everyone:
    - option to collect water (fishingspots, wadable water in sulani and snowpiles)
    - filter in build buy
    - more objects labelled as off the grid (candles are names in the livestream at 1:29:44) (this video by sims community shows for example the basegame oil lamp in the off the grid section at 3:27, currently it requires electricity)

Not clear if it is basegame or eco lifestyle
    - new recipies (screenshot in the livestream at 1:30:47 shows tomato soup and fish on a stick, they mention some kind of boiling frog hot pot)
    - add ice to fridges

Additionally for eco living:
    - (more) options to store a surplus of electricity and water to temporarily use objects that are normally not usable off the grid. Probably additional gameplay options for this feature.
    - recipes with insects

What do you guys think.
    I really hope we get some additional off the grid recipes for basegame and I will enjoy building more if we can use more candles.

I'm most excited because firefighters are coming back and the utilities upgrade will be epic!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Kate2450Kate2450 Posts: 21 Member
    true off grid is going to be great. more lights- yes. the ability to generate your own power would be cool. I've always thought I would be super fit if I had a treadmill or bike that needed to be used for wifi!
    Kate2450 wrote: »
    true off grid is going to be great. more lights- yes. the ability to generate your own power would be cool. I've always thought I would be super fit if I had a treadmill or bike that needed to be used for wifi!

I have also been thinking about a treadmill to generate electricity for a laptop. It would be interesting to see sims actually put in some effort to generate power instead of using a generator. But I am happy non the less that we are getting generators.

Although I'm interested to see how much gameplay will be added with the patch alone. So probably no generator for me right away because I won't be able to get the new pack until there is a sale or I can make a bundle (I need a GP)

I have also been thinking about a treadmill to generate electricity for a laptop. It would be interesting to see sims actually put in some effort to generate power instead of using a generator. But I am happy non the less that we are getting generators.

Although I'm interested to see how much gameplay will be added with the patch alone. So probably no generator for me right away because I won't be able to get the new pack until there is a sale or I can make a bundle (I need a GP)

They did mention that using a treadmill to generate power has been included :)

Really? I missed that part. Will this be part of the update or the new pack.

I don't recall. It was just mentioned on the stream by one of the female gurus, (sorry I'm horrible with names).

I don't recall. It was just mentioned on the stream by one of the female gurus, (sorry I'm horrible with names).

No worries. We'll just wait and see.