Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Firefighters 🔥🔥

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Do they automatically come when there’s a fire or do Sims have to call them? I hope it’s not automatic because sometimes I want my sims houses to burn down.

If you have the smoke alarm firemen will come automatically.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    Yay! It's Sims 3 Ambitions again.
    Now all I need is the rest of the Sims 3 Supernaturals, Generations, Showcase, Mastersuite, High Loft, World Adventure, Pets, Midnight Hollow, Roaring Heights, 80s Stuff & Into The Future to be in Sims 4.
  • tweedletweedle Posts: 89 Member
    edited May 2020
    Don't. Don't thank them for something that is a core gameplay feature. A core gameplay feature that's been missing for 6 years.

It's nice to have, but this is something they should've included on day one, or at least in the first year, after they brought back pools and ghosts.

Thanking them tells EA that this is okay, and that if they do it again in TS5, the community will lap it up.

Unless someone specifically says, "Thank you for waiting 6 years to give us basic NPCs, please do it again!" I'm sure we'll be good.

Edit: Also, EA isn't a monolith; not everyone who works for EA is "evil" as some would say. Maxis may be dead, but there are still people working on The Sims Franchise that still care about the game. I've met people who work in the game industry and more often than not, their good efforts never see the light of day because of things out of their control (i.e. corporate interference).
    Post edited by tweedle on
    Ding-dong! Your baby is gone!

-Social Worker, probably
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    SO going to add the Malpractice (GTW) guys to all my saves. And hope they get picked for the job.

I don't care if its been 6 years without firefighters. They don't have to do anything any of us want, they could just make the game they want, and never ever listen to any of us. There is nothing that says everything in previous iterations MUST be included in the current. If you want everything to be the same as the earlier games, might as well go back and play them.

Sure I complain too, and use mods to enhance the game, or even fix what they haven't yet. I'm still grateful for what they do. They are passionate, creative people who deserve some recognition and gratitude for the work they put into this game.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »
    SO going to add the Malpractice (GTW) guys to all my saves. And hope they get picked for the job.

I don't care if its been 6 years without firefighters. They don't have to do anything any of us want, they could just make the game they want, and never ever listen to any of us. There is nothing that says everything in previous iterations MUST be included in the current. If you want everything to be the same as the earlier games, might as well go back and play them.

Sure I complain too, and use mods to enhance the game, or even fix what they haven't yet. I'm still grateful for what they do. They are passionate, creative people who deserve some recognition and gratitude for the work they put into this game.

Here here, well said!
  • moomoo Posts: 81 Member
    I'm so excited for firefighters! I absolutely loved the way they revealed them, and you could hear from the tone of their voices and also the smile on SimGuruGeorge's face that they were so pleased not just with the firefighters but also just how well received the livestream and all of it's features (both of the pack and in the free patch) were. I'm glad people were so buzzing about the livestream, must've been a lovely feeling for the team after their hard work!
    Gallery name is 2000_mollymoo💙
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Oof just watched Jenn’s (XUrbanSimsX) video and she showed off Firefighters. They came, attempted to put out the fire and then stopped. Then they walked around and talked to the Sim. 😬😬
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Oof just watched Jenn’s (XUrbanSimsX) video and she showed off Firefighters. They came, attempted to put out the fire and then stopped. Then they walked around and talked to the Sim. 😬😬

Uhoh..THOUGH to be fair, I might want my sims to flirt and have a new date so..talkings good.

Uhoh..THOUGH to be fair, I might want my sims to flirt and have a new date so..talkings good.

I mean...can’t they talk AFTER the fire is out? You can’t go on a date if you’ve burned to a crisp lol. 😂

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

I mean...can’t they talk AFTER the fire is out? You can’t go on a date if you’ve burned to a crisp lol. 😂

OH OH I didn't read the "and stopped" xD nevermind thought you were saying they put out the fire and stood around talking...

OH OH I didn't read the "and stopped" xD nevermind thought you were saying they put out the fire and stood around talking...

Yeah, I kind of cringed when I saw it. Although in the stream they did put the fire out right away so 🤷‍♀️

• bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    edited May 2020
    i goto the hospital and try too check in but the person at the desk is playing games on the pc so firefighters be the same
  • ejiofor1995ejiofor1995 Posts: 19 Member
    Just saw this on Jenn’s video, but apparently you get fined $500 if you prank call the fire department!
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Just saw this on Jenn’s video, but apparently you get fined $500 if you prank call the fire department!

OMG, I’m gonna have my sims child do this! Hope it decrease their responsibility value from parenthood 😁😁
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2020
    So happy about firefighters. I told SimGuruPopcorn how happy I was about dumpster woohoo with the firefighters.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    tweedle wrote: »
    Don't. Don't thank them for something that is a core gameplay feature. A core gameplay feature that's been missing for 6 years.

It's nice to have, but this is something they should've included on day one, or at least in the first year, after they brought back pools and ghosts.

Thanking them tells EA that this is okay, and that if they do it again in TS5, the community will lap it up.

Unless someone specifically says, "Thank you for waiting 6 years to give us basic NPCs, please do it again!" I'm sure we'll be good.

Edit: Also, EA isn't a monolith; not everyone who works for EA is "evil" as some would say. Maxis may be dead, but there are still people working on The Sims Franchise that still care about the game. I've met people who work in the game industry and more often than not, their good efforts never see the light of day because of things out of their control (i.e. corporate interference).

Exactly. Corporate interference.

What, did you think I'm talking about the programmers?

No, this is about the money men. The suits. The people who tell Lyndsay and all the rest what to do with their game. The people who say, we want this game out on x date, so you can't release it with every feature you pitched. The ones who tell Lynsday to tell her team to cut content out of the game, because the consumers will accept it anyway.
    wJbomAo.png
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Well no ones thanking them
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    edited May 2020
    Maybe in another expansion pack they could add an active firefighter career like in Sims 3 that would be cool
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member

OMG, I’m gonna have my sims child do this! Hope it decrease their responsibility value from parenthood 😁😁

LOL I hope they can dial up an unlimited number of times 😂😂😂 can’t wait to make a proper rebel
  • RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    edited May 2020
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I looked away from the live stream and I saw everyone spamming fire fighters too I was like wait what I miss something were getting fire fighters what and then I couldn't stop looking at the stream thinking I'll miss something again but nope at the end I too saw the floors lit up the fire alarm go off and I was like no way then in popped the firemen I was like omg omg omg how I missed I wanted to cry like I think I even thanked them in chat lol.

I looked away from the live stream and I saw everyone spamming fire fighters too I was like wait what I miss something were getting fire fighters what and then I couldn't stop looking at the stream thinking I'll miss something again but nope at the end I too saw the floors lit up the fire alarm go off and I was like no way then in popped the firemen I was like omg omg omg how I missed I wanted to cry like I think I even thanked them in chat lol.

No saying thank you is a good thing and people should be grateful for work someone does even if they are getting paid for it they worked hard and they deserve some gratitude

Grateful.

For giving us something that should have been in the game 6 years ago.

Six.

Years.

No. 🌺🌺🌺🌺 'em.

I'll thank the devs for the improved bill system. I'll thank them for making wood items more flammable than others. I'll thank them for making items generate electricity and water.

I won't thank them for delivering on releasing what are the bare minimum features expected for a Sims base game.

Then don’t lol

Ok. Wasn't planning to.

Look, at the end of the day, thanking EA for this sends the message that it's okay to do this.

It tells them that they can cut features out of Sims 5, and people will be okay with it, because they'll release them half a decade later.

It tells them that they can do whatever they want, because the Simmers want one thing and one thing only: to give them money.

Am I glad firefighters are back? Of course I am.

But I also don't want this to happen ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever again, and neither should you.

The devs add many things I don't want and have left out many things I did. This is not Sims 2, this is not Sims 3. We can't look at those versions of the game and say "I want all aspects of them here again". Sims 4 is different in good and bad ways from it's predecessors. We also can't look at the game at launch, say "This is wrong that these things are missing!" because we don't know if they are always going to be missing or if they are going to be added later. We also can't say something is missing if they never promised us it would be added. They are also under no kind of obligation to add anything to the game that the community asks for. No Sims game has ever been completely fleshed out at launch - ever. Since this thread deals specifically with firefighters - they weren't in game until the Sims 3 and even then not at launch but through the Ambitions expansion pack. We didn't have playable firefighters in the Sims 2 unless we somehow managed to get them into our household and even then they weren't firefighters anymore. The last thing is, what you want? And what you place as high priority? Someone else will say "meh" because they won't want that at all. And even if they did implement what we want it may not be done the way we would want to have it done. Every expansion, game pack, stuff pack, free content update, adds to the options of my gameplay on this version of the Sims. For that I will say "thanks".

(So as not to derail the thread - I think it's neat that firefighters are making a comeback. I hope that burglars will too.)
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    6 years late but better late than never as we say.

No saying thank you is a good thing and people should be grateful for work someone does even if they are getting paid for it they worked hard and they deserve some gratitude

Grateful.

Six.

Years.

No. 🌺🌺🌺🌺 'em.

I'll thank the devs for the improved bill system. I'll thank them for making wood items more flammable than others. I'll thank them for making items generate electricity and water.

I won't thank them for delivering on releasing what are the bare minimum features expected for a Sims base game.

Then don’t lol

Ok. Wasn't planning to.

Look, at the end of the day, thanking EA for this sends the message that it's okay to do this.

It tells them that they can cut features out of Sims 5, and people will be okay with it, because they'll release them half a decade later.

It tells them that they can do whatever they want, because the Simmers want one thing and one thing only: to give them money.

But I also don't want this to happen ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever again, and neither should you.

The devs add many things I don't want and have left out many things I did. This is not Sims 2, this is not Sims 3. We can't look at those versions of the game and say "I want all aspects of them here again". Sims 4 is different in good and bad ways from it's predecessors. We also can't look at the game at launch, say "This is wrong that these things are missing!" because we don't know if they are always going to be missing or if they are going to be added later. We also can't say something is missing if they never promised us it would be added. They are also under no kind of obligation to add anything to the game that the community asks for. No Sims game has ever been completely fleshed out at launch - ever. Since this thread deals specifically with firefighters - they weren't in game until the Sims 3 and even then not at launch but through the Ambitions expansion pack. We didn't have playable firefighters in the Sims 2 unless we somehow managed to get them into our household and even then they weren't firefighters anymore. The last thing is, what you want? And what you place as high priority? Someone else will say "meh" because they won't want that at all. And even if they did implement what we want it may not be done the way we would want to have it done. Every expansion, game pack, stuff pack, free content update, adds to the options of my gameplay on this version of the Sims. For that I will say "thanks".

(So as not to derail the thread - I think it's neat that firefighters are making a comeback. I hope that burglars will too.)

Me too
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member

Grateful.

Six.

Years.

No. 🌺🌺🌺🌺 'em.

Then don’t lol

Ok. Wasn't planning to.

I hope you‘ll enjoy a Sims 5 base game with no children, elders, multistory houses, parks, genetics, pre-made sims and are ok with waiting six years for mobile phones to be added.

• KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    edited May 2020
    My serial romantic alien (avatar) Sim is so looking forward to meet the firemen, all of them. Kim will set her house on fire if necessary. ;)
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    Wait, The Repoman came with DU, right? And the Repoman is now coming with this pack? Wow, paying for the same Feature twice.