Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle - Gameplay trailer

Comments

• SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    edited May 2020
    They've already said the community space can be placed in other worlds.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    ...did they just say “weird flex” & “fire” in a sims trailer.....
    tenor.gif?itemid=6193879

Parenthood had "throw shade" lol
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    AgentJulia wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone has noticed this but on the blog it says:

"You get to build it in nearly any world in The Sims 4! Bring Sims together around vertical gardens and hydroponic planters in Brindleton Bay; learn from other craftspeople in the workshop of Willow Creek; or sell your goods and peruse other offerings at the market in Evergreen Harbor."

Do you guys think this sounds like there will be a community space in every world? I think this trailer is making me a little bit more excited for the pack than I was before.

It was already confirmed that the voter community spaces can be placed in other worlds! :)
  • lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    edited May 2020
    It seems like the main gameplay elements are:

-recycling/inventing machines kinda like the ones in get to work
    -candle crafting
    -bug farm
    -community cleanup
    -pollution system
    -selling things online
    -eco friendly objects
    -World with 3 neighborhoods
    -Community Space lot that can be turned into (at least) 3 different things, a shared garden, a maker space or a marketplace.
    -Fizzy drinks crafting
    -Upcycling
    -2 new careers
    -New aspirations and traits yet to be revealed
    -New weather (acid rain and smog)

Some of these sound cool like the candle making and selling things on Plopsy but personally it's not enough for me to buy, especially as it seems to largely focus on big machine objects which we have a lot of already and frankly getting eco friendly isn't something I really get excited about in a game.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I guess the trailer explained the bug farming and community spaces a bit for people who may not have been reading all the simguru tweets, but the only thing I learned was about dumpster woohoo. Also the tone of the trailer was definitely drifting onto the preachy side.

Then I read the blog and had some things clarified and learned some new things, and am back to being excited for the pack. The blog reads like the person writing it has been reading our questions and knows some things we wanted clarified.

From the way they say you can decide when and where the pollution will have an affect, I'm guessing pollution does not advance in worlds you are not in. That or they added a toggle for each world, but that would be too convenient so I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'm excited that the bees can make wax for the candles! I hope they also have cross-pack compatibility with Outdoor Retreat and the bug farms.

What I want is more detail about the community spaces and neighborhood action plans. How many options are there for the community spaces? They're only highlighting three, but I hope there are more. Sounds like the neighborhood action plans go beyond what happens on that space, so it will be interesting to see what those options are.

Oh and Civil Designer is confirmed as a work from home career. I wonder what the two branches are?

I like the idea of breaking down old stuff for parts to use in inventions and/or crafting. I see potential there.

Overall nothing changed my mind. If I only saw that trailer I might not be interested. But the blog post has confirmed my earlier thoughts that I do want this pack. I will just probably wait until after the initial bugs are patched before I buy it.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    "Bring Sims together around vertical gardens and hydroponic planters in Brindleton Bay; learn from other craftspeople in the workshop of Willow Creek; or sell your goods and peruse other offerings at the market in Evergreen Harbor." So these are the community projects you can do.

It also says you can get stuff from the dumpster, such as mattresses, tvs and ovens. I'm intrigued by the ovens, are they new ovens that come on their own or (maybe more likely) microwaves ?
    edited May 2020
    lyra wrote: »

-candle crafting
    -bug farm
    -community cleanup
    -community lot for makerspace
    -pollution system
    -selling things online
    -eco friendly objects

-Community Space lot that can be turned into (at least) 3 different things, a shared garden, a maker space or a marketplace.
    -Fizzy drinks crafting
    -Upcycling
    -2 new careers
    -Bees from Seasons now produce wax
    -Vertical gardening
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    lyra wrote: »

-candle crafting
    -bug farm
    -community cleanup
    -community lot for makerspace
    -pollution system
    -selling things online
    -eco friendly objects

Some of these sound cool like the candle making and selling things on Plopsy but personally it's not enough for me to buy, especially as it seems to largely focus on big machine objects which we have a lot of already and frankly getting eco friendly isn't something I really get excited about in a game.

-Fizzy drinks crafting
    -Upcycling
    -2 new careers
    -Bees from Seasons now produce wax

Thanks, I'll add those
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    What part of the world is “harvesting” bugs and turning them into Spaghetti and Spinach Frittata? I never heard of such.
    Eating insects in definitely something that's happening though still very small scale. I've only tried some cricket patties. I think it would be hard to swallow a bug as is. I'm from Finland and got the patties of the shelf in a super market.

Yea I’ve heard of people eating bugs raw before, but never using bugs as a replacement for hamburger meat lol
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Looks interesting, but I'm still not seeing anything that (to me) warrants an EP price tag. I still feel like it should have been a game pack.

I'm also not thrilled that "Eco-enthusiast" Sims will insult or berate other Sims for not following the lifestyle. I don't like self-righteous bullies in real life, don't want them in my game either. If there's no way to avoid that nonsense I won't be getting the pack at all.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I hope there are more than just 3 options for the community space. But I think there will be precisely just 3.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited May 2020
    "The new Insect Farm introduces a plethora of bugs. While toddlers and children can play with grubs and crickets, bombardier beetles provide biofuel for the power generator. Or, if you’re feeling adventurous, treat your Sims to a healthy, crunchy, protein-filled meal."

:|
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    "Bring Sims together around vertical gardens and hydroponic planters in Brindleton Bay; learn from other craftspeople in the workshop of Willow Creek; or sell your goods and peruse other offerings at the market in Evergreen Harbor." So these are the community projects you can do.

It also says you can get stuff from the dumpster, such as mattresses, tvs and ovens. I'm intrigued by the ovens, are they new ovens that come on their own or (maybe more likely) microwaves ?

I think they just meant stoves, I saw old stoves and fridges lying around in the trailer.
    8td7O6mt8yo.jpg
  • Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    Why woohoo in trash? Grossss! :D
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Didn't mind the english narrative, except she talks too fast. Difficult for me to follow what she's saying, and I probably missed a LOT. Sub-titles may be an idea, since this is a game that's released world wide, and people may have trouble understanding.

Eating bugs? Big BIG pass from me. Don't care if its not ME eating them, won't let any of my sims near those things, ever. I'll stick to food that isn't yucky, thanks.

Need to see more of the Build/Buy/Cas stuff, but liking the little I have seen.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »
    Didn't mind the english narrative, except she talks too fast. Difficult for me to follow what she's saying, and I probably missed a LOT. Sub-titles may be an idea, since this is a game that's released world wide, and people may have trouble understanding.
    There are subtitles, around 20 languages actually :)

• LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited May 2020
    The developers should really start focusing on trying to convince players why this game pack turned expansion pack is worth buying for twice its real value... because neither the reveal nor gameplay trailers have been convincing enough. Instead of releasing trailers like this (which just prove my point over and over again), they need to start explaining to us why they think it's worth $40, instead of $20 (again, its real value).

The only thing worse than EA attempting to double charge us for a game pack, while disguising it as an expansion pack, is the fact that people are actually falling for it... that's what's truly sad.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I don't understand the disgust over eating bugs. It is a cultural thing and also it is most likely the food of future. It tastes just fine. Once I had a cake with a bug and the bug tasted just like chocolate. There was no chocolate btw. Yum. If you would like to have pizzas, burgers,... instead... Whatever.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
    I don't understand the disgust over eating bugs. It is a cultural thing and also it is most likely the food of future. It tastes just fine. Once I had a cake with a bug and the bug tasted just like chocolate. There was no chocolate btw. Yum. If you would like to have pizzas, burgers,... instead... Whatever.

What??? I don't believe that xD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • FluffusCanarusFluffusCanarus Posts: 103 Member
    Once I got past that cringey voice 😖, I still feel like I didn’t see anything worth $40 in there.
    In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.- Coco Chanel
  • KataleaKatalea Posts: 14 New Member
    There are no factories or cars in the game. How will the atmosphere get dirty from dirty plates and dirty mugs?
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Katalea wrote: »
    There are no factories or cars in the game. How will the atmosphere get dirty from dirty plates and dirty mugs?

Toddler fart of course.
    edited May 2020
    Katalea wrote: »

From all the rocket ships obviously.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    ...did they just say “weird flex” & “fire” in a sims trailer.....
    tenor.gif?itemid=6193879

LOL they lost volume privileges at “Finally!”