Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Updated babies coming soon?

ZazazaSimmerZazazaSimmer Posts: 85 Member
So there is a new render that the sims team has posted on Instagram in the sim guru tips story with a family and the dad is holding a baby.

https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGxpZ2h0OjE3ODczMDQ1NzM3Njk2MjQx?igshid=capcrm23o0v2&story_media_id=2309172837800122479

I’m reminded of that render with the toddler when they weren’t out yet so does this mean we are getting a baby update soon?

Comments

• CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I think you can't read into that render at all. That whole little stream of them recently were staged and purely for entertainment and tips for staying at home. That particular one just poking a bit of fun at how the whole family can be tense and probably getting on the father's nerves. ;)

Sorry, I just personally don't think it means anything that what you see of it at face value.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited May 2020
    A twitter thread talking about it says that the image actually predates the Toddlers update/Parenthood, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i have my doubts as a player as well
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • HyalophoraHyalophora Posts: 29 Member
    This was posted on the stuff pack deep dive thread. Regardless of what it is, there's something related to babies coming.

"I've seen a lot comments wondering about whether or not you'll be able to rock babies or toddlers. Sitting in laps is not currently supported on any chair, but don't worry, we have a surprise in store for the littlest of Sims, so keep watching this forum for future deep dive posts from Conor. We'll have more details later :)"
  • Lorna08Lorna08 Posts: 98 Member
    So there is a new render that the sims team has posted on Instagram in the sim guru tips story with a family and the dad is holding a baby.

https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGxpZ2h0OjE3ODczMDQ1NzM3Njk2MjQx?igshid=capcrm23o0v2&story_media_id=2309172837800122479

I’m reminded of that render with the toddler when they weren’t out yet so does this mean we are getting a baby update soon?

I don't think so. That would mean we would also get a new pet animation for the dog to lay its head on your children's lap. I believe those drawings were made for those instagram stories like @Camkat said.
    y7Kh4Ip.png
    Follow me on (S)imstagram @SimmerLorna
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

No. Old render too.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I'm pretty sure someone made a thread made about that exact image with the exact same speculation last year. So I'm gonna have to go with no.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Yeah this is an old render, I doubt it, you are reading too much into it.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Hyalophora wrote: »
    This was posted on the stuff pack deep dive thread. Regardless of what it is, there's something related to babies coming.

"I've seen a lot comments wondering about whether or not you'll be able to rock babies or toddlers. Sitting in laps is not currently supported on any chair, but don't worry, we have a surprise in store for the littlest of Sims, so keep watching this forum for future deep dive posts from Conor. We'll have more details later :)"

Where is that quote from?
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited May 2020
    Dakota88 wrote: »

Where is that quote from?

SimGuruSarah posted it in the Community Deep Dive preview of Rocking Chairs in the Community Stuff Pack 2 section.

I didn't mention it because I'm not convinced her comment is about Babies.
  • AmTk86AmTk86 Posts: 80 Member
    God, I hope so. I feel it'd be kind of stupid of them to use that render when a baby update is so asked for at the moment.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Can someone please post the renders?
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member

Conor posted an update which shows a toddler sitting in the rocking chair.
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    It's an old image and I remember that when it came out the first time people were just as excited for a potential baby upgrade as they are now.

I cannot describe how happy I would be if we actually got a baby upgrade, but... honestly, I don't think it's happening. I hate to be so negative but I seriously doubt it. EA has pulled s**t like this before on us and we've gotten all excited and hopeful, and then it turned out to just be... nothing.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    My only question is why are they using old renders.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member

It doesn‘t matter though. We got the first toddler render in October 2015 and the toddler update came in January 2017.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    My only question is why are they using old renders.

What are you talking about? They always use old BG renders in their promotional stuff lol
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • HyalophoraHyalophora Posts: 29 Member
    > @logion said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Conor posted an update which shows a toddler sitting in the rocking chair.

Not related to the comment, which came much after. It's in reference to something they'll cover in future deep dives. :)
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Not to change the subject, but does anyone else find the dad in the rendering to be extremely handsome? I wish he were in my game <3
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Not to change the subject, but does anyone else find the dad in the rendering to be extremely handsome? I wish he were in my game <3

Yes very <3. Thought I was the only one.