Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Recycled Animations in Eco Lifestyle

Comments

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I would suggest that all of you people complaining about reusing animations, make your own game. And see how easy it is to make it work with every other mechanic in the game.

It’s not about laziness, if you have a code that is working, why spend time and resources on writing new code just for the visuals when you can spend that time on writing code for new gameplay?

It’s their game. If you don’t like it. Don’t buy it.

@QueenSaraphine Cause people pay for it and we are offering constructive critisism to let them know what we want so they can develop it and have satisfied customers and a healthy business at the same time? They are a company and it's their job.

Also the feedback concept is not new to businesses. Ever been to a McDonald's and seen those feedback sheets sitting by the cash register? Yeah, companies usually what to know what we think and how they can do even better. It is a healtier way of thinking than "it's our game so if you don't like it don't buy it"

Also if I was getting paid 40 dollars for a game then I would be expected to do my job, your "make your own game arguement" isn't valid when we're talking about a company
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I absolutely agree with the don't like it don't buy it bit though. Complain and give feedback all you like (I really like to do this), but money speaks louder than words, especially where EA (or any company is concerned). On one hand, they see a small amount of people complaining, on the other they see dollar bills every time they release a pack. Doesn't matter if the pack is actually good, or full of recycled game play, they will not listen as long as the pack sells. The recycled animations allow them a larger profit margin so as long as we keep paying for it, they will keep doing it. Simple as. There's a lot of double standards with simmers too I find. I see a lot of people downright complaining about a pack but the next breathe they're saying they will still buy it. *facepalm*

Origin ID: Peapod79
    Camkat wrote: »
    I absolutely agree with the don't like it don't buy it bit though. Complain and give feedback all you like (I really like to do this), but money speaks louder than words, especially where EA (or any company is concerned). On one hand, they see a small amount of people complaining, on the other they see dollar bills every time they release a pack. Doesn't matter if the pack is actually good, or full of recycled game play, they will not listen as long as the pack sells. The recycled animations allow them a larger profit margin so as long as we keep paying for it, they will keep doing it. Simple as. There's a lot of double standards with simmers too I find. I see a lot of people downright complaining about a pack but the next breathe they're saying they will still buy it. *facepalm*

Thank you that's exactly it, Couldn't have said it better myself. People will buy anything Sims related and EA has and will take advantage of that.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Camkat wrote: »

Well I am not buying it..I haven't bought anything Sims 4 related since DU.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    Ya'll.

Read the whole thread....don't know what's going on but twitter is....becoming interesing to read for once xD Seems like the previous community manager spoiled some tea to someone that leaked the conversation or something.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    There’s something I don’t get here....assuming EA was not doing well financially and needed to make money, why would they do something nobody was asking for and that might not sell well instead of something they knew people would want and buy ?
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Ya'll.

Read the whole thread....don't know what's going on but twitter is....becoming interesing to read for once xD Seems like the previous community manager spoiled some tea to someone that leaked the conversation or something.

edited May 2020
    Dianesims wrote: »
    There’s something I don’t get here....assuming EA was not doing well financially and needed to make money, why would they do something nobody was asking for and that might not sell well instead of something they knew people would want and buy ?
    Ya'll.

I don't know...that's what I also don't fully understand. Maybe it's due to budget constrains? I also thought Maxis always had creative freedom to do whatever.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited May 2020
    Ya'll.

Saying it like it is.

Though is that real insider info? Is this the first person posting this?
    Ya'll.

I don't know...that's what I also don't fully understand. Maybe it's due to budget constrains? I also thought Maxis always had creative freedom to do whatever.

Does Maxis even exist anymore?
    Ya'll.

Does Maxis even exist anymore?

Good question xD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

Ya'll.

Saying it like it is.

I KNEW they weren't doing good financially ! Those BS numbers of sales...I knew something was wrong xD.

• jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    EA, like Google, swallows small companies without even spitting out their bones.
    jimbbq wrote: »
    EA, like Google, swallows small companies without even spitting out their bones.

Yes...it's a shame really..Once beloved series turns into a cash grab.
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Don't request to know/hear the opinions of others and then disparage their opinion. I enjoy reading the varied opinions I dislike the ones telling people they are smart, cool, or spending their money wisely because their opinion doesn't match yours. To each their own.
    edited May 2020

Ya'll.

Saying it like it is.

I KNEW they weren't doing good financially ! Those BS numbers of sales...I knew something was wrong xD.

The sims sales numbers might be correct but EA most definitely hasn't been doing well. This isn't a secret though, just take a peek at their stock market. The failing of Anthem and Battlefield V made them take a tumble to the gods....and yet they keep on pushing Online crap onto their games and rushing them like there's no tomorrow, resulting in unfinished and unpolished products. And pushing woke agendas onto the games hasn't helped either, in fact, it was one of the things that hurt BFV the most. Right now EA only has TS and Fifa pretty much. The new Star Wars did pretty good too though, which hopefully makes them open their eyes to the fact that single player games aren't dead.

Anyway, might be the reason why we don't see a lot of investment from EA into the Sims.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I would suggest that all of you people complaining about reusing animations, make your own game. And see how easy it is to make it work with every other mechanic in the game.

It’s not about laziness, if you have a code that is working, why spend time and resources on writing new code just for the visuals when you can spend that time on writing code for new gameplay?

You need to stop with this „iT‘S sO dIfFiCuLT“ nonsense. EA is a multi billion company. They can afford the best developers in the world. This argument just doesn‘t make any sense. For example, people say not to be so harsh because bunk beds are so difficult to make but Sims developers didn‘t have a problem with this 9 years ago. The same with pools, toddlers, basement, ghosts, family trees. Over a decade ago it was all easy peasy and suddenly in TS4 it became difficult and expensive. They just don‘t put any energy and money into The Sims franchise anymore and you‘re/we’re enabling them.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member

Ya'll.

Saying it like it is.

The sims sales numbers might be correct but EA most definitely hasn't been doing well. This isn't a secret though, just take a peek at their stock market. The failing of Anthem and Battlefield V made them take a tumble to the gods....and yet they keep on pushing Online 🌺🌺🌺🌺 onto their games and rushing them like there's no tomorrow, resulting in unfinished and unpolished products. And pushing woke agendas onto the games hasn't helped either, in fact, it was one of the things that hurt BFV the most. Right now EA only has TS and Fifa pretty much. The new Star Wars did pretty good too though, which hopefully makes them open their eyes to the fact that single player games aren't dead.

Anyway, might be the reason why we don't see a lot of investment from EA into the Sims.

That‘s what they deserve. They have destroyed the SimCity franchise because they just wouldn’t listen to the community and took them for granted. Then Cities: Skyline came along and it was R.I.P for SimCity.

They need to realize that a lot of players aren‘t playing TS4 because we like it but simply because there just isn‘t another life simulation game on the market. For now, they have the luxury to say „don‘t like it, don‘t buy it“ but soon we might really not buy it anymore because we might prefer the product of the competitor. I hope they‘re happy then with destroying yet another franchise.

You need to stop with this „iT‘S sO dIfFiCuLT“ nonsense. EA is a multi billion company. They can afford the best developers in the world. This argument just doesn‘t make any sense. For example, people say not to be so harsh because bunk beds are so difficult to make but Sims developers didn‘t have a problem with this 9 years ago. The same with pools, toddlers, basement, ghosts, family trees. Over a decade ago it was all easy peasy and suddenly in TS4 it became difficult and expensive. They just don‘t put any energy and money into The Sims franchise anymore and you‘re/we’re enabling them.

PREACH!! OMG!
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    Don't request to know/hear the opinions of others and then disparage their opinion. I enjoy reading the varied opinions I dislike the ones telling people they are smart, cool, or spending their money wisely because their opinion doesn't match yours. To each their own.

Why? Because you said so? I like hearing people who disagree then argue back and get to understand their pov clearly while they get to know mine. My threads are always like this, you are free to skip them but I won't change my attitude to please yours.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited May 2020
    It shows laziness and cutting corners with the sims 4 and ea. Simmers who defend these practices is the reason why they think it's okay to give you half 🐸🐸🐸🐸 content, recolors of objects you already have, patched in content for free that you had to buy recently and now 40 bucks for the conservation career you already bought in island living plus recycled animations. People are saying reusing animations isnt problem if it makes room for more content or improvement but I havent seen much of that in this pack or this game thus far. And even if they could make improvements, why are you telling ea it's okay to give you the bare minimum and the same recycled material? Isnt the point to improve? We've been screaming at them about this for the last 20 years or so. Like c'mon can we stop treating ea like some indie brand? They are a billionaire company, they have the money to improve this game and do more with it's just that they dont want to cause they see that the sims community is fine with buying the same old base game, expansion packs, and animations.
    Post edited by BrittanyChick22 on
    giphy.gif

• popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member

Ya'll.

Saying it like it is.

The sims sales numbers might be correct but EA most definitely hasn't been doing well. This isn't a secret though, just take a peek at their stock market. The failing of Anthem and Battlefield V made them take a tumble to the gods....and yet they keep on pushing Online 🌺🌺🌺🌺 onto their games and rushing them like there's no tomorrow, resulting in unfinished and unpolished products. And pushing woke agendas onto the games hasn't helped either, in fact, it was one of the things that hurt BFV the most. Right now EA only has TS and Fifa pretty much. The new Star Wars did pretty good too though, which hopefully makes them open their eyes to the fact that single player games aren't dead.

That‘s what they deserve. They have destroyed the SimCity franchise because they just wouldn’t listen to the community and took them for granted. Then Cities: Skyline came along and it was R.I.P for SimCity.

They need to realize that a lot of players aren‘t playing TS4 because we like it but simply because there just isn‘t another life simulation game on the market. For now, they have the luxury to say „don‘t like it, don‘t buy it“ but soon we might really not buy it anymore because we might prefer the product of the competitor. I hope they‘re happy then with destroying yet another franchise.

F SimCity 😂😂 lmao RIP SimTown still waiting on a SimTown 2. Hands down best game, don’t @ me.

• kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Honestly? The animators have been working from home for the last 3 months or so. It takes, what, a year to make a pack, and at least 6 months of that are just making concept art and deciding on features. So I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that maybe the animators haven't had access to their animation tools for a while.

I mean, it's EA we're talking about here. How much of their software do we really think staff are allowed to take home? I guarantee it's not "take everything, we trust you not to leak the dev tools online", it'll be "here's some free software that lets you make animations, use that instead".

So reused animations aren't an issue for me.
    wJbomAo.png
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Honestly? The animators have been working from home for the last 3 months or so. It takes, what, a year to make a pack, and at least 6 months of that are just making concept art and deciding on features. So I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that maybe the animators haven't had access to their animation tools for a while.

I mean, it's EA we're talking about here. How much of their software do we really think staff are allowed to take home? I guarantee it's not "take everything, we trust you not to leak the dev tools online", it'll be "here's some free software that lets you make animations, use that instead".

So reused animations aren't an issue for me.

Bruh, the pack has been done for at least 6 months lol.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I don't really care about the animations as long as the gameplay is deep, immersive, and entertaining.

But Seasons came with a weeding machine!?!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Firefighters are literally just people with fire extinguishers with firefighter suits on...same animation as your own sim putting out the fire. And the chance for them to stop attempting to put it out and roaming around.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif