Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,825 Member
    I have been messing around and having so much fun with my new sim Hannah. A really dear friend was the inspiration to make her an Archeologist and she has a lot of my friend's qualities. It's time to retire my current avatar sim, Danielle, and send her back to the game world where she belongs. Danielle and I share a name but that's about it. Hannah and I on the other look a bit more alike. I wear glasses too. I have long brown hair, minus the bangs. And we have similar fashion sense, comfy and practical. So I thought I'd share full size shots of the four pics I'm trying to choose from. Feel free to chime in with which one you happen to like, because I like all four so there is no wrong choice.

qs32cgr.png?1
    Ttk8Jx6.png?1
    08T9Fod.png?1
    4Rm8osf.png
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    @DaniRose2143 For a new avatar pic I think #4 has the best lighting and a cuter expression so it's my first choice.
    Then there's second choice in Image #1, if you crop it to focus around her head and hair and the moon you'd probably get a good avatar shot just in time for the werewolves pack. ;)
    @Catzilla That first shot was inspired by my current avatar. Once the new wears off the werewolf GP that full moon pic will lose a lot of its appeal, and this time when I change avatars I want to keep this one for awhile and quit changing all the time. Thanks for the input.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,340 Member
    @DaniRose2143 I really like her intense expression in number 3, but the lighting is better on number 4.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
    I finally decided to try out TwistedMexi's T.O.O.L. mod. I am loving it!

002-Trying-out-TOOL-mod.jpg
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    edited May 2022
    @GlacierSnow Totally agree. That is my favorite too. Next up for her is the Strangerville mystery and I have been thinking I can get that same expression as she investigates the secret lab and I'll have the better lighting I need.

T.O.O.L. is a great mod. One thing I will caution you about with it, on my computer at least, if I leave it in my mods folder, when I go into Live mode when I click on my sims to queue actions nothing happens. If I take that out everything works fine again. It may not happen to you, but if it does, give that a try and see if it fixes it. I only put it in my mods folder if I know I'm going straight into build mode, otherwise I keep it in my storage folder on the desktop.
    @DaniRose2143 Thanks for the tip. I didn't notice any problems in live mode when I was testing it out. My tester sim did everything I wanted her to do without any issues. I really liked having it installed during live mode play, actually, because it allowed me to make adjustments to the placement of "place in world" objects from the sim's inventory, like tents and the camera tripod, when they place them off lot where you normally can't change the position. That's something that has always driven me nuts, so I love that with this mod I can just move the object when they do it weirdly. Hopefully I continue to not have trouble with it in live mode, because I was pretty excited about that.

But I'll keep that in mind if I do run into problems.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    @GlacierSnow It could just be the unique combination of things I have as far as mods, CC, and the fact that I'm on a Mac where most people are on PCs. It could just be a Mac issue for that matter.
    @DaniRose2143 Quite possibly. People's experiences with the game and with mods in terms of problems seem to be all over the place, and a lot of it may be we're all on different machines with different processing speeds and memory capacity. I'm on a fairly good gaming PC, and I've always had very little problem with stuff like lag and dropped queues. But it's helpful to know what could be causing the problem if it does happen, so I appreciate the heads up. It could save me a lot of time trying to trouble-shoot. :smile:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,857 Member
    @GlacierSnow what a beautiful shot. Tool is one of those mods I'm waiting to use when the game comes to an end.
    @simgirl1010 Thanks! Forgotten Grotto is so gorgeous, it's almost impossible to take a bad picture there.

I know what you mean about waiting until the game is done for some mods. Updating can be such a pain. I have so many mods now it takes me almost a whole day to make sure everything is up to date every time I need to patch the game. :lol: This is why I play completely off-line and often wait until two or three patches have come out before updating.

I decided to get T.O.O.L. now because I have specific use for it in mind. I'm planning to turn all the secret lots into vacation places in one of my saves. I make a rental lot with the entrance item (mine entrance/magic tree/wormhole generator) placed on it, and use the freebuild cheat to build an actual place to stay inside the secret lot. I wanted to add some other stuff to do in the secret areas off-lot as well, so I decided to give T.O.O.L. a try. I spent half the day testing all this out yesterday, and so far the whole idea seems to be working really well.

I already have been using TwistedMexi's Better Build Mode mod for quite a while, and I absolutely love that mod. So I figured he seems to know what he's doing.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    So Deila now has an alien toddler named Astrid! Deila lives in Strangerville, so at least the neighbors don't seem to find it "weird."

I forgot I had set my MCC to both genders for abduction a while ago, so this was quite unexpected! :sweat_smile:

Isn't she adorable?! :heart:

52092599250_5a31083781_k.jpg

52091067467_0e587759a0_k.jpg
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Gave Babs (one of the OG cover art sims) a 2022 makeover :)
    babs3.png
    babs4.png
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    edited May 2022
    I spent some time in Selvadorada working Sebastian through the jungle. But, back in the main game, things are picking up.

In my earlier games, Caleb found his way to The Blue Moon Tavern and had a long and enlightening discussion with Oberon Lazuli about a plan for Forgotten Hollow. If you want to know more, the full story is in the latest entry of "Tales From the Myst." The link is in my siggie.

Anyway, now Caleb has to convince the residents that they can actually create an alliance with The Myst that won't result in rejection.

Isaac the Wraith was cautiously optimistic. He also talked to Hilda.
    OHRSJC0.png

Zombie Carl was very interested.
    lO6Q3yr.png

So, with support growing from the boarding house and assured support from Rowan the cursed Spellcaster, Caleb was feeling pretty encouraged. He took to the streets of Forgotten Hollow to drum up as much support as he could among the other residents.
    g5Jn2Jb.png

Meanwhile, back at The Blue Moon, Oberon keeps having trouble with this guy.
    GMC3FWY.png

And, in Glimmerbrook, Morgyn was struggling to keep Smudge focused on a conversation about the benefits of coffee. In her defense, it was very early in the morning, and she doesn't drink coffee.
    pDDrDe0.png
    First comes love.
    Then comes marriage.
    Then comes Juliette with a baby carriage.

Not exactly.
    Juliette telling Sebastien the wedding is going to have to wait because the Watcher wants a child sim to experience all the Little Campers goodies.

sLmc2OK.png

He took it pretty well.

yiBgdCT.png
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Having fun playing the Bjergsons at the moment. They kinda went crazy in Neighbourhood Stories and now have 6 kids!
    So I thought 'how many people can I cram into game without cheating?'. Turns out alot....
    They hired a butler, maid, gardener and nanny. Then I set up a basement bedroom as a maids room and went looking for room-mates. Now we also have 2 room-mates (I did cheat to make them both family orientated and neat and give them uniforms).
    I thought it would be chaos but actually its working really well, esp for the toddler. She is never short of attention!!LOL
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    @DaniRose2143 I like picture number four. It's got good lighting, and I like the happy expression on Hannah's face.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    New baby! Meet Amelia.

pqv8dpQ.png
    @DaniRose2143 I like picture number four. It's got good lighting, and I like the happy expression on Hannah's face.

That one is next up. I took a couple of shots of her as she explored the secret lab that I've given one day trial runs. I'm going to put that one up and then pick the one that's going to stay up.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    Today I did some skill development. Guidry is writing his memoirs and Oberon was perfecting some potions. In other news, Don Lothario died of anger, and a good friend of Morgyn's had triplets. 😯 I had to rearrange the house to get all three bassinets in!
    Amelia aged up to toddler. Isn't she adorable? <3

2NjLAMa.png
    81yUc9t.png
    O5sNzlK.png
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    I made the mistake of looking through some of my old screenshots a couple of weeks ago and realized how much I miss playing Connor and Clara :D so once again decided to start over with a new save and will be making them vampires at some point so they can stick around.
    Here's some screenshots of their wedding
    iSuE5iX.png
    kV5XaMJ.png
    YZVnKGK.png
    XYxUIjp.png
    UYBKWyK.png
    7mCNcpB.png
    nAqz1Tg.png

• QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    I was mildly annoyed last night after my new scientist sim had moved in to the Torenti penthouse in San Myshuno and when the welcome wagon turned up, my sim Pearl had just stocked her fridge with groceries (always have simple living on, makes more sense when cooking) and not only didn’t they bring any fruitcake, Miko Ojo goes and drinks 2 bottles of milk from my fridge, without even asking. I mean sure a glass of milk is fine. But 2 bottles? That’s just plain rude.

Pearl threw her out and locked the door and Miko is not welcome around anymore.
    Neither is Penny after going straight to the pc in my laboratory, idk how much research she stole but I’ll get my revenge somehow.
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    @simgirl1010
    Amelia is really cute. <3
    Kimmer wrote: »
    @simgirl1010
    Amelia is really cute. <3

Thank you! I was planning on aging her up today so I'd have a child sim to play with the new Little Campers pack but I'm not so sure now. 😄

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top