Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

In Defense of Eco Lifestyle

Comments

• NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    I agree with the OP. I do feel bad for the people who wanted farming; not all the people that wanted it badly acted bad, just some of them. Be mad at the person that posted the fake leak not EA( though they are not innocent either). At one point everyone just to wanted to get new news, a roadmap, something; like seriously did everyone forget the radio silent treatment we had for a while?

Even if there is farming in the future do people really think its going to be exactly the way they want it? If this pack today was farming and there were cows,pigs, and chickens, but they stay in a barn enclosure and you only see the head of one of the animals and your Sims disappear and collect wool, eggs or w/e in a rabbithole because that is what corporate would only allow the devs to do; I think people would be just as upset about that.
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I wonder if there'll be a new university degree for the new career...

Probably not, I'd guess one of the existing degrees will just add it under its umbrella.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    It'll probably end up being one of the best selling packs. Once all the features are revealed and showcased. :)

I agree with this. If this pack has the features I think it does, it will be a huge seller.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited May 2020
    To be honest this pack sounds and looks boring to me but I am happy for those who will enjoy it. It may not be the pack I wanted but I know that this game is made for all different kinds of people. I'm just a little sad that the last four packs they've released haven't been anything I'm interested in. Here's to hoping that the game pack and next expansion will be something that I enjoy.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    It'sa good pack from what I observe, but it's not worth being called expansion pack where all gameplay only focused on one single world, it doesn't expand the core feature of the game.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • gallerysims4gallerysims4 Posts: 267 Member
    Thanks so much for this thread @nerdfashion !! This puts the pack in a better light to what I first perceived it to be.
    Feel free to check out my Instagram where I post pictures of my Sims 4 Legacy at https://instagram.com/gallery.sims4

Check out some Weekly CAS Challenges here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976290/weekly-cas-challenges

My SimLit Stories: https://gallerysims4.wixsite.com/simlit
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    People are saying ecology's been done in previous packs but aside from a little clearing up litter in Island Living this is all pretty much new. And even though lots of people have asked for it, we haven't got anything to really compare it to in previous games - unlike Cats&Dogs or Seasons or any lifestates.

From my guess, we have "Off The Grid" as a base trait soon. And we've got off the grid items. But Eco-Lifestyle comes with solar panels and wind turbines and water purifiers, so if you buy it you can have electrical items in your house without being connected to the grid.

It also looks like a very craft-heavy pack - when the lady is candle-making there are a LOT of items around. For those who don't like going to work, it looks like you'll be able to craft things and sell them - some have speculated on juicers and preserves being sold. There are machines we haven't seen a use for.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    It'll probably end up being one of the best selling packs. Once all the features are revealed and showcased. :)
    I am thinking that too. I mean if the quarterly report of the Sims 4 having the best sales yet since release is telling that people want more diverse packs, I don't know what else will.

I can't wait to see how my container build looks with the new world too. I made this far before the announcement and it will be perfect there.
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/9AFE95D7629A11EA8BB456A050AF8D5F
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I am thinking that too. I mean if the quarterly report of the Sims 4 having the best sales yet since release is telling that people want more diverse packs, I don't know what else will.

I can't wait to see how my container build looks with the new world too. I made this far before the announcement and it will be perfect there.
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/9AFE95D7629A11EA8BB456A050AF8D5F

it will go great will done @Scobre
    more for sim kids and more drama please

it will go great will done @Scobre
    Thank you. I did the shell for one of my friend's challenges. It was a ton of fun. She does them every month. I think we are at daisyshell4 already.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Why is it that Everytime someone says "we've only seen the trailer, we don't know everything yet! Save your judgment for later."

And then the pack comes out and lo and behold we did see everything. Every major gameplay feature is usually put in the trailer.

There are exceptions like University, vampires, realm of magic etc. But what we see is usually what we get.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • aiexaiex Posts: 103 Member
    You say we as a community voted for the eco-living theme when we were voting for a stuff pack. Keywords, Stuff Pack. Do you see where your argument might be flawed? Had they given us an option to vote for an EP and included Eco-Living along with other themes like Farming, Generations, and even Cars, I can almost guarantee you that “Eco Living” would certainly not get the most amount of votes. Second, you say don’t be so quick to judge. I think at this point.. we’re kind of allowed to be? Many players have wanted cars, better traits, whims, improved babies, improved traits, etc., for YEARS. When we see an Eco-Living pack, do you really think the first thing we’re going to think is “Ah.. great! They definitely added a lot of improvements to the Sims personality traits and also added more interactions with babies”.. I don’t think so. If a pack is subpar, it’s subpar. Even if you like this theme, you have to be honest that the content offered here is far less than what is expected of an EP. I can look at your arguments and accept them, but for the most part I think we’ll have to agree to disagree.
  • BattleGooseBattleGoose Posts: 3 New Member
    The reactions of some people makes me so upset. The devs worked hard and are propably really passionate about their job like most people are, especially in this business. They put their effort, heart and soul into this only to receive rude comments. I mean, people quitted the game even [i]before[/i] the trailer had dropped.
    I personally am really excited for this like I wasn't for a long time. I love new never done packs like strangerville, Tiny living. Those are my favorite packs and what I use the most and I feel like Eco lifestyle is going to be my new favorite expansion. There are people who love it. A person who is close to me lives this lifestyle really intensly on everyday basis and it really inspires me and I'd love my sims to be doing just that which will make me attached to them even more. Enviroment is very important to me, I'm currently trying slowly but really hard to go vegan.
    Also even space designing is my irl education. I could even make myself finally not just under the artist umbrella.
    I'm extremely excited
    And I can't be the only one
    But the negativity is always more vocal
    I wish the fake leak would never appear, maybe then the backlash wouldn't be so hard
    I mean I respect critisism but some people just aren't respectful
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    aiex wrote: »
    You say we as a community voted for the eco-living theme when we were voting for a stuff pack. Keywords, Stuff Pack. Do you see where your argument might be flawed? Had they given us an option to vote for an EP and included Eco-Living along with other themes like Farming, Generations, and even Cars, I can almost guarantee you that “Eco Living” would certainly not get the most amount of votes. Second, you say don’t be so quick to judge. I think at this point.. we’re kind of allowed to be? Many players have wanted cars, better traits, whims, improved babies, improved traits, etc., for YEARS. When we see an Eco-Living pack, do you really think the first thing we’re going to think is “Ah.. great! They definitely added a lot of improvements to the Sims personality traits and also added more interactions with babies”.. I don’t think so. If a pack is subpar, it’s subpar. Even if you like this theme, you have to be honest that the content offered here is far less than what is expected of an EP. I can look at your arguments and accept them, but for the most part I think we’ll have to agree to disagree.

Funny because after that voting people complained that the theme should have been an Expansion Pack or Game Pack because a lot of features didn't make the cut. You can see the whiteboard that where they cut tons of features, the gameplay features that was cut because it was a Stuff Pack
    edited May 2020
    The reactions of some people makes me so upset. The devs worked hard and are propably really passionate about their job like most people are, especially in this business. They put their effort, heart and soul into this only to receive rude comments. I mean, people quitted the game even before the trailer had dropped.
    I personally am really excited for this like I wasn't for a long time. I love new never done packs like strangerville, Tiny living. Those are my favorite packs and what I use the most and I feel like Eco lifestyle is going to be my new favorite expansion. There are people who love it. A person who is close to me lives this lifestyle really intensly on everyday basis and it really inspires me and I'd love my sims to be doing just that which will make me attached to them even more. Enviroment is very important to me, I'm currently trying slowly but really hard to go vegan.
    Also even space designing is my irl education. I could even make myself finally not just under the artist umbrella.
    I'm extremely excited
    And I can't be the only one
    But the negativity is always more vocal
    I wish the fake leak would never appear, maybe then the backlash wouldn't be so hard
    I mean I respect critisism but some people just aren't respectful
    Don't worry not everyone feels that way. I am just happy not to get another entitled pack and one that will help Simmers not think about the corona virus. I play Stardew Valley so neat seeing many farming aspects with this pack. Plus I live near farms too so understand how they vary on products produced.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Very well said op! I had a look at sim's twitter and facebook accounts and omg! People are trashing the pack! I almost feel weird for loving what i've already seen 😂 And i believe that there's much more to be revealed yet!

you shouldn't feel odd love what you love no matter what anyone says

I'm joking. For sure i don't 😂 i see a lot of stuff i like for my game. It's actually one of the packs i liked more after the trailer.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member

@scobre I haven’t looked at the actual report, but do they indicate actual “sales” or “players”? They give away an exorbitant number of base games for FREE basically all. year. long.

I think it’s free again right now for PSN members, although I’m usually too busy playing GTA5 Online to be annoyed by it.
    edited May 2020

@scobre I haven’t looked at the actual report, but do they indicate actual “sales” or “players”? They give away an exorbitant number of base games for FREE basically all. year. long.

I think it’s free again right now for PSN members, although I’m usually too busy playing GTA5 Online to be annoyed by it.
    I think it has more to do with the pandemic with people staying at home.

"The Sims 4 inspires an entirely different gaming audience, and one that continues to
    grow. It provides a completely unique experience from anything else on the market, and
    FY20 was its biggest year since launch. In every quarter this year, monthly average
    players in The Sims 4 were higher than the previous year. Our Sims community is
    diverse and highly creative, and our success continues to be built on delivering a wide
    variety of content and ways to engage for players with very different interests. "

"With more people staying at home in the fourth quarter, we did see rising usage and
    engagement levels in many of our games. We’re humbled to see people wanting to connect
    through our games during this time. In part this has been made possible by the amazing work
    of our teams, and our technology investments across the company. For more than five years,
    we’ve been investing in a single technology infrastructure, architecture and digital platform as
    we accelerate into a digital world. That’s enabled us to provide mobility for our employees in
    this environment and maintain strong productivity. But the real story is the people of Electronic
    Arts. We have such tremendously talented, dedicated and determined teams. They’ve come
    together in the strongest and most inspiring way through this pandemic response period, in
    service of each other and in service of our players. And as a result, we’ve been able to adapt
    and scale in this changing environment, where engagement in our games has reached new
    peaks and continues at elevated levels through the current quarter to date. "

https://s22.q4cdn.com/894350492/files/doc_financials/2020/q4/FY20-Q4-Prepared-Remarks.pdf
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Thank you, OP. You really put it into words. People are just mad this isn't farming, and this community is also one of the most entitled ones I ever knew of.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2020
    A: "I know some people aren't hyped up for Farming but I'm not looking forwards to this?"
    This translates to:
    B: "I'm not getting what I want right this moment, so I'm going to be mad at the people who are."

A: "We already saw this in Tiny Living! Smaller houses with smaller bills make smaller carbon footprints and that's why this is identical!"
    This translates to:
    B: "When Tiny Living Stuff Pack was released with a new type of Lot that is good for cheap Starter Homes and Tiny Home competitions, what the Devs REALLY had in mind was Conservation!"

A: "All of this was covered in Island Living with a Conservationist Career!"
    This translates to:
    B: "I'm one of the people who complained about Island Living having a conservation career rather than recycling Scuba swimming rabbitholes from Sims 3."
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ThePocketWeaselThePocketWeasel Posts: 103 Member
    I agree with the OP. This is the kind of thing I've wanted in the game for a while; it's a topic that's important to me and I'm looking forward to checking the pack out, and seeing the build/buy and CAS items. I'n hoping it will complement and work well with other packs/existing features, and I hope it gives us the option to use Off The Grid and have electrical items powered by solar or wind.

I'm always saddened by the way some people in this community react to anything the Sims team does. Not every pack suits everyone's gameplay. There are a few packs I'm not interested in but I can see why other people like them. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Screaming about it on the internet won't make EA change their mind and release whatever you wanted instead. It's sad to see some people trying to make other people feel bad or stupid for being excited about a pack.
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    edited May 2020
    Why is it that Everytime someone says "we've only seen the trailer, we don't know everything yet! Save your judgment for later."

And then the pack comes out and lo and behold we did see everything. Every major gameplay feature is usually put in the trailer.

There are exceptions like University, vampires, realm of magic etc. But what we see is usually what we get.

I disagree, the Moschino trailer was the one I disliked the most, but when the gurus showed the build items and gameplay it changed my mind about the pack; I don't think that trailer really showed the features. I also don't believe that there are just "exceptions" it's different for everyone with every pack, when they see actual gameplay people are surprised that would of dismissed it just seeing the trailer otherwise.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    The gameplay video will show more about how things work. It will answer questions about gameplay and show us details that we're not able to see in the trailer.
  • kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    I, for one, am excited for Eco Living. Maybe it’s because sustainable living is something I do and enjoy in real life. Maybe it’s because developing communities with more sustainable initiatives is again, something I do and enjoy in real life. I can’t say I think they should have gone further with the pack without knowing more about it. What I’ve seen though is exciting. I’ve been waiting for something that could expand on traits and stuff they’ve been adding since Island Living. I also think a Farming Pack would be cool but I think realistically there was a larger portion of the community that wanted Eco Living. Like you said, we literally voted for this theme which became the laundry stuff pack.
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    NoirStasis wrote: »
    I disagree, the Moschino trailer was the one I disliked the most, but when the gurus showed the build items and gameplay it changed my mind about the pack; I don't think that trailer really showed the features. I also don't believe that there are just "exceptions" it's different for everyone with every pack, when they see actual gameplay people are surprised that would of dismissed it just seeing the trailer otherwise.

Yeah, exactly. The Moschino trailer made it seem all about high fashion, but there are BB items I now use in nearly every single build, and the photography options are fantastic. It's honestly a photography pack instead of a Moschino one.

I'm definitely looking forward to EL based on concept, but I also really want to see the deep dive, which is what will make me decide between getting it as soon as it goes on sale (which I do for most packs), or if it'll be a day 1 full-price buy.