Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle Features and Thoughts

Comments

• ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I like the northern lights in the new world but I'm not sure I like them appearing in every world, it contradicts the established geography.

I was thinking about this today and wondered what it would be like in places like Oasis Springs. It would make me feel like aliens are attacking or something :lol:

Who knows though? Maybe in some worlds you can see the band of the Milky Way instead. Like this:
    milky_way_Larry_Landolfi.jpeg
    giphy.gif
  • slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    it looks ok to me i welcome anything new
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    telmarina wrote: »
    FlpAmaral wrote: »

Aurora borealis in Willow Creek! 😍

WAIIIT. THEY ARE ADDING THE AURORA BOREALIS TO EVERY WORLD????!!!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    telmarina wrote: »

Aurora borealis in Willow Creek! 😍

WAIIIT. THEY ARE ADDING THE AURORA BOREALIS TO EVERY WORLD????!!!

Not sure, but they showed an image that you can see above in this thread with something that looks like it in Willow Creek... let's see.
    I really hope they will add items to the game that will create pollution, rather than just items that will fix it.

I doubt we will get cars, but something like vending machines with disposable bottles/cans would be a nice addition.
    giphy.gif
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    I really hope they will add items to the game that will create pollution, rather than just items that will fix it.

I doubt we will get cars, but something like vending machines with disposable bottles/cans would be a nice addition.

I hope so too. It would be interesting if pollution could be increased by little things already in the game, similar to how fame was added and can be influenced by actions already in the game.
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    Hugging worms, hugging worms, hugging worms! <3
    Atreya33 wrote: »

I hope so too. It would be interesting if pollution could be increased by little things already in the game, similar to how fame was added and can be influenced by actions already in the game.

I also wonder if sims will have their own carbon footprint meter like they do with fame :smiley:

Maybe the laundry pack will come into it too - sims that use washer-driers will have a larger carbon footprint than those who use the basin and washing line. If they add details like that into the game it would be great.
    giphy.gif
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I don't like going outside when the outdoor is messy
    edited May 2020

Oh nice, @SimGuruJill is awesome! The stream is much closer than what I thought would be.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    In two days ! Cool.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited May 2020
    So good they’re doing this early, really think this pack needs it cause rn most of us don’t exactly know how to feel about this xD
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I don't think we are getting too much of a focus and features on pollution but there are a few things in the gameplay trailer and I am hoping to see even more in the livestream.

Give me pollution any day, now that's a feature I can create a story with 👍🏻
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
    edited May 2020
    When they talk about upcycling and repurposing, I wonder if our sims will have to collect a set number of components (cloth, broken electronics, plastic etc) to craft particular items? Like making a Servo. That'd be cool.
    giphy.gif
  • ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    The blog post suggested we can get wax to make candles from the existing bee box, that’s a small detail I really like
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Hello Simmers! and to the devs, spiral cases i feel should be in echo lifestyle :(
    edited May 2020
    @Patrice wrote: »
    Hello Simmers! and to the devs, spiral cases i feel should be in echo lifestyle :(

Hi! There are ladders coming in this pack. One style is being patched for everyone in the BG update before the pack releases, and the others are part of the EP.

While they aren't spiral staircases, they are still a space saving way of moving within multiple levels of a house.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    I had a thought while reading through the blog post. Given that it mentioned both finding furniture in the dumpster and recycling an old couch after buying a new one, is it possible that we could be getting the ability to put all objects in our Sims' inventory? Otherwise, how would you get the old TV home or get the old couch to the recycler?
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
    edited May 2020
    I had a thought while reading through the blog post. Given that it mentioned both finding furniture in the dumpster and recycling an old couch after buying a new one, is it possible that we could be getting the ability to put all objects in our Sims' inventory? Otherwise, how would you get the old TV home or get the old couch to the recycler?

Through the household inventory perhaps.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

I was also thinking about it... and may we be able to sell the furniture in a yard sale? It'ld be awesome if it were in the personal inventory.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    We need a pollution meter for each world. I don’t want all the worlds to be impacted the same way.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    We need a pollution meter for each world. I don’t want all the worlds to be impacted the same way.

From reading the blog, I do believe that will happen:
    "Check your impact in almost any neighborhood or world of your choosing—excluding Strangerville and Destination Worlds—or pause the eco-footprint effects from the game options menu."
    Including separate effects for neighborhoods instead of just whole worlds.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Does this mean that worlds we visit rarely will be more impacted by pollution? Or will we need to visit them often to keep up pollution levels to acceptable standards?
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Does this mean that worlds we visit rarely will be more impacted by pollution? Or will we need to visit them often to keep up pollution levels to acceptable standards?

We still don't know yet. But i would say the other way around. I think the impact, either positive or negative, will evolve if we trigger it, by playing in those neighbourhoods/worlds...

Btw, im also wondering if that blog quote means that the impact will be on a neighbourhood basis. That'ld be awesome but i don't want to have those kind of expectations for tomorrow. What has been shown is enough for me to gladly buy the pack.