Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A meteor just ruined my day

2...Next

Comments

• DeadManHBKDeadManHBK Posts: 117 Member
    That is awful! I am going to be honest, I did not realize meteors were a thing until the other day. I had never encountered one before, and then all of a sudden it crashed into my home and completely destroyed it, along with my neighbors home as well. I was shocked, to say the least lol. I'm just glad you were able to at least somewhat fix it, though!
    500c175dfecfd4bfdb430b6ae61d85abc33cef98_hq.gif

A n a l Na t h r a c h D o c h e'l D e'n m h a
    A n a l Na t h r a c h T i e r a N a t r a c h...
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    This seems like a lesson learned: Always use save as multiple times, so if you llse a sim to a meteor, u can get them back!

Also don't search tne galaxy on a telescope for too long!

Question though, someone said having an alien can cause meteors. If my sim family had an alien would it cause meteors not on command or do I have to do it?
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    This seems like a lesson learned: Always use save as multiple times, so if you llse a sim to a meteor, u can get them back!

Also don't search tne galaxy on a telescope for too long!

Question though, someone said having an alien can cause meteors. If my sim family had an alien would it cause meteors not on command or do I have to do it?

I've only had one household with an alien living in it and I didn't play them for a very long and never saw a meteor in the game until I got the alien to call them.

I do get lots of alien abductions without having aliens or telescopes or space rocks though. They hardly ever happened once and it took me years of playing the game before I finally got my first alien pregnancy and now I seem to get lots of alien pregnancies. In my Perfect Genetics Challenge, the founder's husband has so far had 3 alien pregnancies.

It seems meteors and alien abductions and pregnancies are somewhat random. You get them or you don't. Previously I've tried using the telescope and having multiple telescopes and lots of space rocks and the aliens have persistently ignored my games.
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    @Karritz I only had a telescope and maybe one or two space rocks in the inventory when the abduction occured.

Thanks for answering the question though... I was just worried if a alien was in a household if there'd be greater chance of a meteor or the alien doing it autonomously.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • 4xel4xel Posts: 34 Member
    Meteor are ok, but guided missiles (what TheSims' meteors are essentially) in an otherwise casual and peaceful - if zany- game are a bit over the top IMO.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2020
    4xel wrote: »
    Meteor are ok, but guided missiles (what TheSims' meteors are essentially) in an otherwise casual and peaceful - if zany- game are a bit over the top IMO.
    Actually, I agree with this. They remind me of the Disasters we could have switched on or off by option in various versions of SimCity. Because there's nothing like spending hours/days on end setting up a city just the way we want it only to have Godzilla stop by and stomp all over it. I've never seen this happen in real life and, more important statistically, have never heard from nor read about anyone else who has. :/
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    I don't think I've ever had a meteor hit. I'm probably jinxing myself.
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 814 Member
    I had a meteor hit on one of my Saves once when I was playing in Starlight Shores; I managed to get my Household away from their home when I saw the meteor was going to hit; the meteor struck the garden instead (taking out a number of grapes and sprinklers in the proccess)
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    edited May 2020
    I had a meteor hit a school before, the meteor destroyed the school and killed 20 people. I lol'd, it was amusing since my sims breed like rabbits; so such a loss was not a big deal to me. XD

Best mass kills to natural causes in the sims 3 ever in my books. :D
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    MKSizzle wrote: »
    I am really upset. My sim was in the middle of graduating high school at the city hall, and a meteor hit it. Every person there started dying and I couldn't stop any of it. I exited the game without saving because there is no way I want this to be happening. Problem is that I literally saved the game right when the meteor was coming without realizing, so no matter what, it will hit. Do you think there is ANY way I can not have this happen? Help! Im freaking out

That's rotten luck. I had a sim coming home from work when a meteor hit the caravan(he was in the fortune teller career.) Luckily he was already dead because he used the Philosopher's Stone too many times and was killed. LOL! Another time, I had a sim working in his garden when a meteor hit. He was killed.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    Then there's me...who tosses meteors via Disasters & Blessings mod at sims I don't like :mrgreen:

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    > @rubyskywalker said:
    >
    > Also don't search tne galaxy on a telescope for too long!
    >
    Wait. WAIT. Is this what causes it?? I had no idea!

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    DeadManHBK wrote: »
    > @rubyskywalker said:
    >
    > Also don't search tne galaxy on a telescope for too long!
    >
    Wait. WAIT. Is this what causes it?? I had no idea!

That's one of the things that can cause it. But sometimes they come without us doing anything to cause them.
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    I think outdoor sims can trigger it by being outside for too long as well, that and maybe overpopulation, but that is just rumors and speculation...
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    That's one of the things that can cause it. But sometimes they come without us doing anything to cause them.

Well that is good to know. I appreciate you confirming this. :p

• BansheesHeartBansheesHeart Posts: 26 Member
    I had this happened once I had to uninstall story progression because of meteors, I had a gen 3 family on a legacy challenge I play on custom long life span so it took several months to get to that point and all the kids went to school, the parents had just aged to elder and a meteor came and hit the school all 5 kids died. Yeah. I was not ok with this.
    edited May 2020
    @BansheesHeart - NRaas StoryProgression has nothing to do with meteors at least not intentionally and, in fact, NRaas Retuner can be used to make them less likely or never to appear at all. We are talking about TS3 here, correct? :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    StephSteb wrote: »
    I haven't had a meteor hit in my game since I first started playing and then last night....a meteor almost killed my sim and killed her romantic interest! Probably like the third or fourth time ever that I loaded up the game, a meteor killed my sim very shortly after I started playing and at the time, I didn't even know about meteors in the game so I was devastated! I hadn't had one show up in my game for YEARS, though and then it did last night and today I find this thread! I'm going to be watching the skies always now, lol! So sorry, I know how you feel <3

What you need to watch out for is large mysterious shadows. If your sim sees one they are very likely to get hit so it's a good time to run if possible. But sometimes it doesn't appear until it's too late to do anything.

Nah except if your sims is lucky I know a meteor stroke my simself house in Sunset Valley, only her terrace the objects on and the house burnt partially but she is still alive.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • EarcatEarcat Posts: 461 Member
    I think there's a mod at ModTheSims that prevents meteors. It's never happened to me, but I did have a favorite character that was killed by the soda machine. it's funny how we get attached to these pretended pixilated people.
    edited June 2020
    igazor wrote: »
    @BansheesHeart - NRaas StoryProgression has nothing to do with meteors at least not intentionally and, in fact, NRaas Retuner can be used to make them less likely or never to appear at all. We are talking about TS3 here, correct? :)

Yes we are, I think it was an add on it was several years ago. I just know I had so many meteors in that game, I even tried to make them not go to school, that didn't work. I took out the mod and the meteor stopped happening. And I never for once thought it was intentional! It was just an odd experience! :#
    edited June 2020

Yes we are, I think it was an add on it was several years ago. I just know I had so many meteors in that game, I even tried to make them not go to school, that didn't work. I took out the mod and the meteor stopped happening. And I never for once thought it was intentional! It was just an odd experience! :#
    Did the meteor have a name, career, pet dog, a romantic interest, and other elements that would make it eligible for progression on a personal level? (just kidding here) :)

It's just that in all the years I've been associated with NRaas I've never heard of this even being reported on before. I wonder if maybe something in one of the less frequently used Personality modules was allowing them or making them happen.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!

Did the meteor have a name, career, pet dog, a romantic interest, and other elements that would make it eligible for progression on a personal level? (just kidding here) :)

It's just that in all the years I've been associated with NRaas I've never heard of this even being reported on before. I wonder if maybe something in one of the less frequently used Personality modules was allowing them or making them happen.

nope, all valid questions! all I know (I'm not very tech-savvy) is that I just downloaded all of the modules associated with story progression. I don't think we will ever know for sure what happened and I don't blame Nraas at all! I love his stuff, it was just a fluky thing.
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Giggles. Speaking of meteors, I had one the other night on my game. It was my first time to have a meteor hit actually. :)
    :) Smile!