Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help need to create a Pirate Challenge

Hi all! For my Challenge Mash-Up legacy so far, I have been mostly relying on challenges that have already been made. But my Trailer Park heir is going to have an heir who is a pirate (hopefully) but I don’t know what to do with them. I can only find one challenge out there for pirates and it really doesn’t do much. So far, these are the ideas I’ve had:

- download pirate school and all children of the heir must attend it.
- Download part-time and full-time pirate careers. The heir (and spouse) must top the career, and the teens have to attend the part-time career.
- The heir must have the kleptomaniac trait and this will be the main source of income until their career takes off.

Any other ideas are welcome!!

Comments

• PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Name the heir and their kids after pirates.
    :) Smile!

• MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,790 Member
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    Name the heir and their kids after pirates.

That’s a good suggestion. I may struggle to find female names though :)
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Could make your heir speak pirate.
    :) Smile!

• suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    suzses wrote: »

Thank you, they will be helpful! I’ve finally got started on gen 6 of my challenge legacy, and the pirate one will be gen 7, so I’ve got time to get everything organised :)
    Okay, so this is what I’ve got so far. Any suggestions are welcome!

- Start off with a YA, who will be the captain. They can have any traits but charismatic and mooch will probably be a good idea, so that you can charm the locals out of their money. Or you can have them be a kleptomaniac, for stealing their “loot”. Adventurous would be good too, if you have World Adventures and want to go looting other locations.

- put them in Barnacle Bay. If you can find a cc pirate ship for their lot, that would be perfect. If not, you can always create a hideout for them in a nice secluded place. Isla Paradiso would also be good because you could use one of the islands for the hideout, and there’s plenty of treasure to be found in those reefs.

- put the captain in the full-time pirate career (found at Mod The Sims). This is the only sim that can be in that career as you can only have one captain. (Or if you want to create drama later, have two sims in this career and they can fight it out for captain).

- you can either create a crew or recruit them from town sims. Either way, you’ll probably need the following crew members:
    - Weapon maker and demolition expert (master inventing) - could have genius trait, eccentric
    - expert swordsman (master sim fu, if you have World Adventures, if not, master athletics) - athletic, disciplined
    - cook (master cooking, and maybe gardening, if you want to grow your own food) - natural cook, gatherer
    - ships surgeon (master potions and/or alchemy) - genius
    Your captain can be an expert in any of these areas but is most likely to be an expert swordsman.

- Someone in the crew needs the kleptomaniac trait do that they can go around stealing objects at night. These objects can be sold on the black market (though Build mode) to create cash for the crew, or through your ‘fence’ (if you have the consignment shop).

- any crew members that you make or recruit should go into the part time pirate career (unless you want drama later on!)

- no money can be made through writing, painting, gardening, etc. All income must come through either the pirate careers, stealing or mooching.

- any member of the crew, or your captain, can have children at any time. Name them after famous pirates, either real or fictional. They will need to go to pirate school, and when they’re a teen, become an apprentice to one of the crew by learning a trade (see above pirate roles). When the one you have chosen for heir becomes a YA, they can “challenge” the current captain and then take over. (Up to you on how this would happen).

- for game play purposes, you could have a rule that if one of the pirates comes into contact with a police officer, they would be arrested and “jailed” for the rest of the day. You could create a jail on a lot somewhere, and the sim would have to stay there until they “break out” at night. Or they could “bribe” the police officer (you would need to take money out of your household funds, ie. $500) so they could stay out of jail. If you become friends with a politician, you could frequently mooch off them, pretending that the money is hush money to keep quiet about a scandal, or so you won’t kill them! Or the politician is corrupt and helping you finance your “career” in order to receive a cut of the loot. (This will be difficult for my challenge as most of the population will be related to the heir!).

- if you have World Adventures, your crew could always travel to another country and loot the tombs/caves there for treasure as well. If you do this, you might need a storeroom for your stolen goods, or you can sell them to make as much money as possible.

- continue for as long as you like or set a goal (ie. they must make $200,000).

I’m probably only a few weeks away from testing this challenge. The current possible heir from my legacy is a child, so she still has about two sim weeks before she ages up. She and her cousin will hopefully master inventing as children but since they will be uncontrollable as teens (due to the current challenge), I’m not sure they will master anything else before starting the challenge.