Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sakura Hills World mod & mac

I am wondering how to download this properly on my mac. I get the mod part but need help with step 3 and on. The install directions are not for a mac :( and so we need to figure this out on our own.

The Sims 4 Asian Adventures World Mod - How To Install

1. (optional) open up the attached thankyou_asianadventures.png to read some words from me, the creator of this mod.

2. in the zip-file there are two folders. please extract the folder
called "Asian Adventures" as is into your mods folder located
in your Documents -> Electronic Arts -> The Sims 4 -> Mods.

3. this one is a little different to usual mods but it's not that hard.
Open the folder where you installed Origin an the Sims 4. To me the path is
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4
Open up the Delta-Folder, then "GP04" (which stands for the Vampires Pack), then "Worlds" and then "Areas"

Please save the file "GP04_VampireWorld_01.world" in a back-up folder. And put in the new one from this zip file in the "World" folder.

4. Repeat the same step with the same file from the zip but with the path
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\GP04\Worlds\Areas\

5. Finally you've done it. Your game is updated with the world mod and you can enjoy playing in Sakura Hills!

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    You might need info about the new-today locations of Sims game files on Macs: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/The-Sims-4-macOS-Notarization-FAQ/m-p/8876253
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    jamie_pauly9682jamie_pauly9682 Posts: 134 Member
    edited April 2020
    Well, After much experimenting and a little help, I got it to work!

Mac Users: Here is what I have: 1. Download Asian Adventures twice.
    2. Click to open Macintosh HD (for me it is on my desktop).
    3. Click to open Applications
    4. With mouse, right click, without mouse, control click on The Sims 4
    5. Click to open Show Package Contents
    6. Click to open Contents
    7. Click to open Delta
    8. Click to open GP04
    9. Click to open Worlds
    10. Click to open Areas
    11. Move the GP04_VampireWorld_01.world in a folder for back up
    12. Place the GP04_VampireWorld_01.world from the Asian Adventures download in
    13. Close out and begin again. Click on the Macnintosh HD
    14. Click on Applications 15. Right click, with mouse, or press control and click on Sims 4 16. Click on Show Package Contents 17. Click on Contents 18. Click on GP04 19. Move the file into your back up folder 20. Place the second download of the world in 21. You only need one Asian Adventures folder to go into your mods area.

Here is how I saved my back ups. I made a folder called Forgotten Hollows Back Up. Inside that folder I have two more folders. One is called Sims 4 Content Delta, One is called Sims 4 Content GP04. This way I can remember where to place them.

Post edited by jamie_pauly9682 on
  • Options
    bxbyqueenbxbyqueen Posts: 1 New Member
    I was having a huge problem with installing this mod. Everything else was all fine but the gargoyles and gravestones stayed no matter what I did. When you did this method, did it remove those as well? Because I followed your steps and they're still in my game.
  • Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    I have the sakura mod, the gravestones still stay in the world, but everything else changes.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited May 2020
    @jamie_pauly9682 Thank you for posting your instructions for Mac! Unfortunately, I can't get this to work, and I'm confused by your instructions. If I understand correctly, in steps 2 through 12, you're replacing the original world file with the downloaded world file, within the GP04 folder. In steps 13 through 19, you're then removing the GP04 folder from the game entirely? And did you miss a step between step 17 and 18? Because I have to click on the Delta folder within the Contents folder in order to access the GP04 folder. Can you clarify?

I currently have the world and all assets pasted into the GP04 folder, the Worlds folder, the Areas folder, and the Mods folder in hopes that some combination would work, but nothing works except for the map and world thumbnail.

Thanks again! :)

Edit: Wow, Forgotten Hollow is persistent! Realizing that I could always repair my game if I really tweaked something, I pulled out the entire GP04 folder and put in the downloaded world file and assets. I still got only Forgotten Hollow dead trees and grayness!

Second Edit: More weirdness! I tried starting a new game to see what would happen, and Sakura Hills appeared! I went back to my current game, and I still get Forgotten Hollow. Is there any way to replace Forgotten Hollow in my current game?

Post edited by Rouensims on
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: