Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Simmers, welcome! - Community’s tips & tricks to get started

Comments

• Options
    _Gina_Gina Posts: 253 Member
    Huh. This might have something to do with me being new. I can't get into one specific thread (the what happened today nonserial) at all and when I try it tells me "something went wrong" and to try later but it has been... what? Almost two days now? Is this something I did wrong? I can tell others are posting there so it must not be a problem in the forum itself... I'm so confused.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    _Gina wrote: »
    Huh. This might have something to do with me being new. I can't get into one specific thread (the what happened today nonserial) at all and when I try it tells me "something went wrong" and to try later but it has been... what? Almost two days now? Is this something I did wrong? I can tell others are posting there so it must not be a problem in the forum itself... I'm so confused.

I don’t think your member status would affect access to any of the threads.

Does a link in work? https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/975327/what-happened-in-your-game-today-the-non-serial-story-version#latest

If not, maybe message a mod in case there’s a forum issue?
  • Options
    _Gina_Gina Posts: 253 Member
    @cyncie Not even the link works, I still get the same message instead of the page. Phew, I thought I messed up something without realizing. Thank you!
  • Options
    sjoslorsjoslor Posts: 10 New Member
    How do ask questions here? Without doing it in another persons thread? I used to go directly in to manage worlds, without going by a playing game, is that no longer an option?
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    edited November 2022
    Hi @sjoslor and welcome to the forum :)

To ask a question, you can either find a not-too-old thread on your same topic, or after you become a full member you will be able to start your own threads.

To load a game to the "manage worlds" screen, just use the Load Game button instead of the new Resume button. Load Game is a little way below Resume now.
  • Options
    sjoslorsjoslor Posts: 10 New Member
    >
    >
    > To load a game to the "manage worlds" screen, just use the Load Game button instead of the new Resume button. Load Game is a little way below Resume now.

This isn't true anymore, you have to go via a played game , or you cannot enter. You can start a new game of course, but before you could go right to managing worlds from the main menu, without open any game or start a new one.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    Step 1: Load Game button
    1.png

Step 2: Choose a save
    2.png

Step 3: Takes you to the Manage Worlds screen
    3.png

Hope that helps :)
  • Options
    HettyMoHettyMo Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi , Im sorry if you guys here this over and over but im so over my sims constantly being mean to eachother . i lost my friends my husband and even my job . literally they will not stop I was hoping that the update would fix it but now Im wondering how Im going to keep playing while losing all in game relationships:(
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    HettyMo wrote: »
    Hi , Im sorry if you guys here this over and over but im so over my sims constantly being mean to eachother . i lost my friends my husband and even my job . literally they will not stop I was hoping that the update would fix it but now Im wondering how Im going to keep playing while losing all in game relationships:(

Hi @HettyMo, welcome to the forum. So sorry you’re having problems with your game. That mean interaction bug is definitely having an impact on some simmers. Here are a few work arounds you can try: It seems less prevalent for players who have the Snowy Escape pack, so if you were planning to get that, it might help. Some folks have been giving their sims the new loyal trait, as it doesn’t seem to affect those sims. Turning off free will should also keep it from affecting your played household.

I don’t know if you use mods, but there are several ways to use them to lessen the impact while we wait for a fix. If you use MC Command Center, you can turn off autonomous mean interactions, there. Kuttoe also has a mod for it.

FYI, bug reports are not made on the forum. To report this or add to the discussion of the bug, please head over to Answers HQ, linked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Autonomous-Insulting-Patch-1-92-145/td-p/11932091

I hope you find a work around and can continue to play. And, once again, welcome to the forum.

• Options
    StreicherStreicher Posts: 31 Member
    When I first started playing, I wish I knew all the 'hot keys' but when I got into building more, the thing that helped me most was watching building YouTube videos - especially someone like Love Simply Sim at first since she shows you every step and then later all the greats like Kate Emerald, Simproved, SatiSim, Fantasims, RGeetect and then for game play, you gotta watch James Turner and DrGluon
  • Options
    BettyjaneBettyjane Posts: 1 New Member
    Not sure where I should post this, but I was wondering if anyone could recreate me and my husband and son? I have tried my hand at it and can't get it right. I have ask people in groups and Im happy they tried but im just not happy with what they come up with.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    @Bettyjane welcome to the forum. 🙂

You can request a sim in this thread.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/762967/sims-4-cas-request-thread/p1
  • Options
    AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    -You could leave your lights on all the time, the bill from light usage is extremely low, but I like to keep it realistic, I turn them off at night, and when a sim wakes, I turn lights on by room, I turn the bathroom lights to auto on. You could turn all light to auto on, but I don't like the way it looks graphically as sims walk in from one room to another and the lights go off and on. etc.
    -If your sim is angry or sad, do a want, such as listen to a certain radio station or whatever they have above their heads, or view a photo, picture that has a mood attached to it. Doing wants also works if your sim is not wanting to do your command. For example, if I have my sim garden for too long, they get upset, so stop and give them something else to do, and come back to gardening later in the day.
    -When my Vets that I employed where not working and stuck in a bathroom with a customer and pet, I went into build mode and tore down the walls around the door and the door itself, they finally left the room and started working again. So, this could help in various situations when sims are stuck or are not doing commands, also make sure you didn't lock the door and forget.
    -Change the meeting place and actions that your club does based on the place you want to go to, for example what is available at your house to do, I have meditation area, garden area, chess tables, game tables, foosball, TV, a bar, a bonfire.
    -create your own holidays such as during summer, to give your teens a vacation from school or create a holiday to keep things interesting and different.
    -I like to go to lots in the game such as bars, cafes, etc. and go into build mode and add things to the lot that you can do and interact with or add pet stuff and update the lot traits and give the place a small backstory in the info section.
    -If you want to make a lot of money practice the gardening skill, once you get good at it, and can plant Dragon Fruit/Bonsai buds/Roses/Snap Dragons and also use the reward trait to buy a money tree, add all those together and you'll have more money than you'll ever need.
    -Having a butler is not worth it; they clean items in the game that don't even get dirty. They hardly ever sleep or talk, you will see them pick up plates from time to time, or repair a broken item, but that's about it.
    -Visit the secret world, that you find in Oasis Springs, at Creek Cabana, look for the odd tree and interact with it, you have to correctly interact with it for a bit before you enter the small secret world. Once there you can fish for rare fish, find rare frogs, and some plants.
    -The Vet clinic is not very fun, if you're a family player and you have one of your kids for example run the vet clinic you have to play as them all day at the clinic away from your family. Not to mention the bugs, Vets don't do their job half the time. Don't put a radio on the wall or they will dance more than work. Also, its broken anyway, I built my vet clinic from scratch and put the nicest furnishings in it and artwork. All the customers that come in have something to say about your clinic if you hover the cursor over them, Every one of mine said this place has nice furnishings(something to that effect) Then later I go to manage vet clinic where you can hire people or edit things, as well as see what customer reviews are saying about your clinic, well I had 2 in a half stars out of 5 and the negatives mentioned about my clinic was that it needed better furnishings, wow...ironic.
    -Be careful on birthdays with a birthday cake with candles on it, you might age up the wrong sim. I somehow aged my baby up twice on their first birthday, to a teen. I almost wanted to quit that save file because of it, but eventually I let it go and just played with it that way.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    AlienTusks wrote: »
    -You could leave your lights on all the time, the bill from light usage is extremely low, but I like to keep it realistic, I turn them off at night, and when a sim wakes, I turn lights on by room, I turn the bathroom lights to auto on. You could turn all light to auto on, but I don't like the way it looks graphically as sims walk in from one room to another and the lights go off and on. etc.
    -If your sim is angry or sad, do a want, such as listen to a certain radio station or whatever they have above their heads, or view a photo, picture that has a mood attached to it. Doing wants also works if your sim is not wanting to do your command. For example, if I have my sim garden for too long, they get upset, so stop and give them something else to do, and come back to gardening later in the day.
    -When my Vets that I employed where not working and stuck in a bathroom with a customer and pet, I went into build mode and tore down the walls around the door and the door itself, they finally left the room and started working again. So, this could help in various situations when sims are stuck or are not doing commands, also make sure you didn't lock the door and forget.
    -Change the meeting place and actions that your club does based on the place you want to go to, for example what is available at your house to do, I have meditation area, garden area, chess tables, game tables, foosball, TV, a bar, a bonfire.
    -create your own holidays such as during summer, to give your teens a vacation from school or create a holiday to keep things interesting and different.
    -I like to go to lots in the game such as bars, cafes, etc. and go into build mode and add things to the lot that you can do and interact with or add pet stuff and update the lot traits and give the place a small backstory in the info section.
    -If you want to make a lot of money practice the gardening skill, once you get good at it, and can plant Dragon Fruit/Bonsai buds/Roses/Snap Dragons and also use the reward trait to buy a money tree, add all those together and you'll have more money than you'll ever need.
    -Having a butler is not worth it; they clean items in the game that don't even get dirty. They hardly ever sleep or talk, you will see them pick up plates from time to time, or repair a broken item, but that's about it.
    -Visit the secret world, that you find in Oasis Springs, at Creek Cabana, look for the odd tree and interact with it, you have to correctly interact with it for a bit before you enter the small secret world. Once there you can fish for rare fish, find rare frogs, and some plants.
    -The Vet clinic is not very fun, if you're a family player and you have one of your kids for example run the vet clinic you have to play as them all day at the clinic away from your family. Not to mention the bugs, Vets don't do their job half the time. Don't put a radio on the wall or they will dance more than work. Also, its broken anyway, I built my vet clinic from scratch and put the nicest furnishings in it and artwork. All the customers that come in have something to say about your clinic if you hover the cursor over them, Every one of mine said this place has nice furnishings(something to that effect) Then later I go to manage vet clinic where you can hire people or edit things, as well as see what customer reviews are saying about your clinic, well I had 2 in a half stars out of 5 and the negatives mentioned about my clinic was that it needed better furnishings, wow...ironic.
    -Be careful on birthdays with a birthday cake with candles on it, you might age up the wrong sim. I somehow aged my baby up twice on their first birthday, to a teen. I almost wanted to quit that save file because of it, but eventually I let it go and just played with it that way.

Just don’t save if you make a big mistake like aging up your sim too many times.
  • Options
    @SheriSim57
    True but sometimes you have periods where you play a long time without saving and in that case, you would have to go way back and do everything again and whatnot. So, it's a matter of weighing the pros and cons of the situation (the character I aged up twice has grown on me), I guess. It wasn't a big deal for me for long, I'm still playing that household and now I've grown used to and fully accept the situation. Thanks for the input though.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    @SheriSim57
    True but sometimes you have periods where you play a long time without saving and in that case, you would have to go way back and do everything again and whatnot. So, it's a matter of weighing the pros and cons of the situation (the character I aged up twice has grown on me), I guess. It wasn't a big deal for me for long, I'm still playing that household and now I've grown used to and fully accept the situation. Thanks for the input though.

I have learned over the years to save periodically as you play. Most of the time I save when something good happens, such as a raise, or a child levels up a skill, that sort of thing. I also always do a Save As when I first begin a new gaming sessions. That way if all goes completely wrong, as in somebody dies whose not supposed to at this moment in the 'storyline', I will roll back to a previous save and proceed from there. I am a writer by trade, and I look at it as rewriting/revising the chapter that went wrong. Most especially if I run into a huge bug/glitch. The game killed my Rock Star once. The camera didn't leave his wife out in their kitchen packing sack lunches for their school aged kids. That was the first sign of a problem. The camera always pulls to the dying Sim. Always. I exited without saving and tried it again. This time I followed Erik out to the chicken yard to see what caused his sudden demise. Basically, I found him one with the stone fence with a rooster charging at him. (When I say he was one with the fence, he was smashed into it, not merely clipping it.)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    @SheriSim57

I have learned over the years to save periodically as you play. Most of the time I save when something good happens, such as a raise, or a child levels up a skill, that sort of thing. I also always do a Save As when I first begin a new gaming sessions. That way if all goes completely wrong, as in somebody dies whose not supposed to at this moment in the 'storyline', I will roll back to a previous save and proceed from there. I am a writer by trade, and I look at it as rewriting/revising the chapter that went wrong. Most especially if I run into a huge bug/glitch. The game killed my Rock Star once. The camera didn't leave his wife out in their kitchen packing sack lunches for their school aged kids. That was the first sign of a problem. The camera always pulls to the dying Sim. Always. I exited without saving and tried it again. This time I followed Erik out to the chicken yard to see what caused his sudden demise. Basically, I found him one with the stone fence with a rooster charging at him. (When I say he was one with the fence, he was smashed into it, not merely clipping it.)

Yes, I have gotten used to saving quite often too because of the plant reverting to dirt bug. I find that if i notice the bug ( which I do most of the time), and get out without saving , I can avert the bug the next time around.
  • Options
    @AlienTusks

If you do turn off story progression, I believe you can still influence certain households when you are talking to them. You can answer them when they ask if they should have a baby, etc. In fact, I believe there are certain phrases you can use when talking to them that influence what they do.
  • Options
    @SheriSim57 Yes, Neighborhood stories can be turned off, and yes, I receive those type of calls, did not know the amount of influence it had in game, interesting. I don't want to turn off Neighborhood stories yet till I discover if it is bugged or not.
  • Options
    Rosag1997Rosag1997 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm new to sims and was downloading a house from the gallery but the house is not loaded properly and the furniture does not appear can anyone help?
  • Options
    Here's a few things I do In the Sims 4, that you may like to try or probably already do:
    -I download single sims from the gallery that I like and build families to add to my game, or to a household...sometimes I leave them as single and just roommate's other times I make them husband and wife and give them a teen or child sim.
    -I download Lots from the gallery and improve certain lots already in the game, for example I take a one bedroom, one bath house and replace it with a new house from the gallery that has more ability to build a family. I usually go into build mode and check the property for any flaws such as an object that blocks the sim from entering the house/etc. I found a few of these and I sometimes make rooms bigger then adjust the roof to fit.
    -I move townies in with other townies to make them have more money to move into a nicer home or possibly become a relationship. I usually don't do this anymore the money x cheat is much better.
    -I always leave a few smaller properties so that townies have options to move too, however i find in the game that townies rarely move into new homes.
    -I write down info about new households I've constructed or altered in any way, like this household was made husband and wife, or this one is just roommates, or I look at manage world and check for houses that are too small for the number of sims that live there, write that down and edit them later like evict them for example and then utilize the next step.
    -I take households from the gallery, and townies and move them into a small lot they can afford use the cheat Money X where x is the amount, and give them enough money to move them into a large property so they can have room for cats, dogs, kids, teens, etc.
    -I check the sim I download from the gallery to make sure they have one of each outfit type, check for mistakes or things I would like to change, give them different hairstyles or make up per outfit type, many sims I've downloaded have the same hair for each different outfit I like them to be different sometimes.
    -writing stuff down can help you keep up with what needs to be edited, and what's going on in your worlds that needs more attention. For example, you may say the landgrab family should have a relationship suggestion made by one of my sims. So then in the future I would visit there home and suggest they enter into a relationship with so and so.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Rosag1997 wrote: »
    I'm new to sims and was downloading a house from the gallery but the house is not loaded properly and the furniture does not appear can anyone help?

Hey, welcome to the forum. Lots that are on the gallery often include build items from various packs. If you don’t have those packs, items will be missing or base game items will be substituted. You can see a list of packs used in the descriptions of the lots on the gallery. I usually don’t let that stop me unless there are a lot of packs used, since I can just place what I have in the home.if you don’t want to renovate, use the filters on the gallery to filter for base game and whichever packs you own.