Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Simmers, welcome! - Community’s tips & tricks to get started

Comments

• WhaleWatcherWhaleWatcher Posts: 55 Member
    I just picked a random discussion so i could ask, how do you create a discussion? I MUST KNOW!
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,918 Member
    I just picked a random discussion so i could ask, how do you create a discussion? I MUST KNOW!
    Good question, i just randomly comment on already existing ones ;P

Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,918 Member
    edited July 2021
    So .....
    Post edited by Slacker on
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member

See where it says the sims on top of page. Under the second s is your name, click on it then click on discussions on the left next to categories. Now on the right you will see a new discussion box. Click on that and put in your title and start your discussion. then post it.
  • BlackjackWidowBlackjackWidow Posts: 23 Member
    edited July 2021

New members have to become Full Members before you can start a discussion. To rank up to Full Member, you have to make 15 comments/posts and get 25 points. I think it's to combat spambots and that sort of thing.

You'll want to read through the complete info HERE
  • emmaweltonemmawelton Posts: 6 New Member
    hi everyone! i'm a UK-based writer looking for UK-based players of The Sims 4 to ask about how you look after your sims: do you use the rosebud/motherlode cheats, do your sims have jobs (& ones they enjoy?), do they live decadent or quite sparse lives? it's for a piece in an international magazine. please comment in the thread or send me a message if you're interested in speaking to me :) / emma
  • Justa_G00fJusta_G00f Posts: 1,075 Member
    I used to type Motherload 50 times for every household. Now, I just type "Money" with 500 gazzilion (exaggerating) after it and never do it for that family again. 🤑 😁

To be clear... "Money 5000000" will give you 5 million, a nice round number. 😁
    How your Sims builds show your meds' effectiveness

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I used to type in Money 9999999 for my sims when Sims 4 was in year 2. Now, I just do Motherlode 4 or 5 times to give them everything they need & want for a nice home. Only once in a while I will challenge myself with very low income play.
  • emmaweltonemmawelton Posts: 6 New Member
    hi everyone! i've returned to The Sims 4 this year after 13 years away (!) and am loving it. i am writing with a question for you all. i am a writer based in the UK and i've been commissioned to write an article on UK-based Sims players and their use of money in the game. i’m particularly interested in lots of people coming to the sims over the national lockdowns in the U.K., and how players used their simoleons to create particular kinds of worlds and experiences for their sims, particularly in distinction to a lack of economic support offered by the UK government to many of its citizens (e.g freelancer and workers in the gig economy). if anyone (UK-based only, sorry) is interested in chatting to me, please do drop me a message via my inbox! it would be great to hear from 3-4 people on their experiences. thanks!
  • LilyLuluLilyLulu Posts: 27 Member
    Hi other kids! 👋🏻 . Nice to meet you all. I am not new to TS4 but I am new to the forums. I am from the Pacific Northwest region of the U.S. I have 2 dogs 🐶 🐶 (whose names are my display name) and 1 cat 🐈‍⬛ named Betty. I have 1 child who is 27 years old and married, no grandkids so far. I absolutely love The Sims 4, and especially the newest pack Cottage Living, I think it’s probably the most fun pack so far. I find the farming really challenging and I love that. I am all about challenges, drama, and chaos…in my video games. 😂 I really look forward to getting to know you all and sharing tips & tricks along with our love and knowledge of the game.
    Autumn, it’s the most wonderful time of the year!

P8hSFBm.jpg
    LilyLulu wrote: »
    Hi other kids! 👋🏻 . Nice to meet you all. I am not new to TS4 but I am new to the forums. I am from the Pacific Northwest region of the U.S. I have 2 dogs 🐶 🐶 (whose names are my display name) and 1 cat 🐈‍⬛ named Betty. I have 1 child who is 27 years old and married, no grandkids so far. I absolutely love The Sims 4, and especially the newest pack Cottage Living, I think it’s probably the most fun pack so far. I find the farming really challenging and I love that. I am all about challenges, drama, and chaos…in my video games. 😂 I really look forward to getting to know you all and sharing tips & tricks along with our love and knowledge of the game.

Hi LilyLulu! Welcome to our little corner of the world! Take your shoes off and help yourself to the buffet. But, whatever you do, DO NOT pet the iguana!!! Other than that, it's safe here. 🤣😁

ntq84Hk.jpg
    > @Justa_G00f said:
    > Hi LilyLulu! Welcome to our little corner of the world! Take your shoes off and help yourself to the buffet. But, whatever you do, DO NOT pet the iguana!!! Other than that, it's safe here. 🤣😁

I like the line about the cats in your signature!

P8hSFBm.jpg
    @LilyLulu Thank you! 😊😺 Pet your little buddies a few extra times for me. They're all my friends!

ntq84Hk.jpg
    > @Justa_G00f said:
    > @LilyLulu Thank you! 😊😺 Pet your little buddies a few extra times for me. They're all my friends!

Will do. 😁

P8hSFBm.jpg
  • MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    Idk where to post this, so if someone knows of a better topic to post this in, please tell me. But can anyone tell me where I can find these fairy lights so I can create a fairy light tree like this? I already know about the premade fairy light trees, but I really want to have the lights go from one tree to another.

eOM7Skv.png
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Hi @MikkiMikkiMikkiM

I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your question, but you may have some luck posting a new topic in the Sims 4 General Discussion:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/ts4-general-discussion

Most simmers ask and answer game related questions like this one there.

Or if you suspect these lights are CC, you could post in the Build/Buy Custom Content section:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/build-buy-custom-content

Good luck, hope you find them!
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Idk where to post this, so if someone knows of a better topic to post this in, please tell me. But can anyone tell me where I can find these fairy lights so I can create a fairy light tree like this? I already know about the premade fairy light trees, but I really want to have the lights go from one tree to another.

eOM7Skv.png

I'm pretty sure that is a *DEBUG* item (All 3 trees and the lights), which means made specifically by the devs for that spot. So I would say no. Just for the premade spot.

(If you find out otherwise though, let us know because that is pretty cool!)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited July 2021
    Here's a bit of a "Tip and Trick".

If one of your Characters has 'entrepreneur' trait, that Sim can start a career job up several levels. A high reputation (From meeting people and making friends) does the same thing. In a different way though. People will call offering a career starting at about lvl 5.

Anyways, the tip & trick I learned here is they get all the salary bonuses plus all the rewards and stuff up to that level. Quick way to make money at the start. Also get many 'unlocks' for build items and clothing.

EDIT: Oh yeah, when someone else calls offering a new career job, take it. ;)

Eventually you'll probably want to settle on something, but keep taking the random ones until something you as the player feels is right for the character.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I think I saw the pretty three lighted trees in Henford. I forgot from what neighborhood. Still getting to know all the fun stuff of the new world. :)
  • Simcity_TrainsSimcity_Trains Posts: 107 Member
    My plumbots are just chilling in oasis landing
  • DaiskaDaiska Posts: 2 New Member
    I can't start a discussion yet, so please can someone tell me how I can stop playing a household?
    I was invited over to the Caliente house for a visit, then when I got there, I couldn't find the person who invited me anywhere, so I clicked on the house to see if he was even home (he wasn't), but now that whole household is in my control.
    I keep getting asked if so and so should embrace that they like/dislike whatever, when I'm not playing them. Whenever I travel, their household is on my screen to take along if I want. I don't want this! I did mark the home as unplayed, but they're still merged with me. How can I put them back to normal NPCs?
  • BlackjackWidowBlackjackWidow Posts: 23 Member
    Daiska wrote: »
    I can't start a discussion yet, so please can someone tell me how I can stop playing a household?
    I was invited over to the Caliente house for a visit, then when I got there, I couldn't find the person who invited me anywhere, so I clicked on the house to see if he was even home (he wasn't), but now that whole household is in my control.
    I keep getting asked if so and so should embrace that they like/dislike whatever, when I'm not playing them. Whenever I travel, their household is on my screen to take along if I want. I don't want this! I did mark the home as unplayed, but they're still merged with me. How can I put them back to normal NPCs?

Try this: When you load into your game, instead of clicking on your household, open the Manage Households screen. It's the one at the top right that has a couple people & a pencil icon. There's a tab for "My Households" and one for "Other Households". Click to remove the heart on any of the households that you don't want to play, to move them into the Other Households group. That removes them from your played households list and you shouldn't get any more messages for them.

When you travel, you'll always be presented with a list of friends and acquaintances that you can take with you. If you choose to travel with an unplayed sim, they'll stay unplayed.
  • DaiskaDaiska Posts: 2 New Member
    > @BlackjackWidow said:
    > Try this: When you load into your game, instead of clicking on your household, open the Manage Households screen. It's the one at the top right that has a couple people & a pencil icon. There's a tab for "My Households" and one for "Other Households". Click to remove the heart on any of the households that you don't want to play, to move them into the Other Households group. That removes them from your played households list and you shouldn't get any more messages for them.
    >
    > When you travel, you'll always be presented with a list of friends and acquaintances that you can take with you. If you choose to travel with an unplayed sim, they'll stay unplayed.

(sorry, I guess I don't know how to quote right yet)
    Thank you, I'll give that a go.. And I meant travel like any time I go somewhere like the gym, not the vacation one that lists all my friends. I'd just delete the household, but Don is too fun to start drama with .. *cackles*
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    edited August 2021
    Hi @Daiska!
    All of the forum features, such as quoting, will become available once you reach full member status!
    Here is a link to the Forum Welcome Guide that explains about New Members and Full Members, as well as lots of other useful stuff!

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/983330/a-welcome-guide-for-new-simmers

Edit: I've copy and pasted the bit about New Members and Full Members in the spoiler below for you. :smile:
    What does it mean to be a New Members
    As a 'New member', some forum features are restricted at first that means you
    Can only post in plain text - no links, images, quotes etc.
    Cannot create new discussions/threads
    Cannot start new Private Message conversations
    Cannot have an avatar
    Cannot have a signature
    Cannot edit any posts (including your own)

What do I have to do to become a Full Member?
    Once you meet the following criteria, you will become a 'Member' and you will get access to all the standard forum permissions:
    Must be a New Member for at least 1 day
    Share 15 constructive posts/comments
    Get 25 points
    When you receive badges for participating on the forums, or other members react to your comments with a 'Like', 'Awesome' or 'Insightful' reaction, you will get points. You can see how many points you have from your profile page.
  • liss01182liss01182 Posts: 5 New Member
    I have a question. I'm not even sure if this is the right place to ask but maybe someone can help me. I am currently organizing my CC folder in Sims 4. I'm almost ready to start merging files but my question is, are you able to merge mods as well or just CC? And if you can't merge mods can you merge the files for the content that comes with it? For example the Sims 4 Torments Mod by Sacrificial Mods comes with props and some other cc stuff. Also Grannies Cook Book mod comes with a bunch of recipe files. Can you merge those?