Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Simmers, welcome! - Community’s tips & tricks to get started

Comments

• CreeativeSimmingCreeativeSimming Posts: 62 Member
    > @simmerann said:
    > First patch Day with mods- what do I need to do? I've heard I need to do something (take out all my mods and reinstall, but how and when?), but can someone please spell it out for this newbie? Thank you!

Usually the game disables your mods when you first log in. So you have to go back and enable them. Depending on the mods they may have a patch if for whatever reason it doesn't work with the current patch.
    And if you encounter a problem, you can just disable your mods until you figure out the source of the issue.
    Check out my Simlit: Little Legacy

Banner_small.png

Forum Thread
  • NazishNazish Posts: 1 New Member
    PLEASE HELP ME! THESE ARE THE ERRORS IN MY GAME! HOW DO I FIX IT

File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py', line 154, in c_api_server_init_tick
    File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\core_services.py', line 164, in start_service_tick
    File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\service_manager.py', line 331, in start_single_service [ self : <sims4.service_manager.ServiceManager object at 0x14dfab310>, service : tuning_instance_manager]
    File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\instance_manager.py', line 156, in update_incremental_start [ self : tuning_instance_manager, time_stamp : 1614308119.3868318, delta : 0.11697816848754883]
    File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\instance_manager.py', line 215, in _execute_gen [ self : tuning_instance_manager, log_fn : <bound method Logger.debug of <sims4.log.Logger object at 0x13e5a1a10>>, instance_manager : InstanceManager_interaction]
    File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\instance_manager.py', line 602, in invoke_registered_callbacks_gen [ self : InstanceManager_interaction, cls : <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.EV:ArrestedSim_InJail "Away Super Interaction"'>, start_time : 1614308119.5038211, invoke_time : 0.0002570152282714844]
    File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\log.py', line 854, in exception [ self : <sims4.log.Logger object at 0x13e5a1a10>, message : Exception in {}.{}., log_current_callstack : True, level : 150, owner : manus, args : (<class 'sims4.tuning.instances.EV:ArrestedSim_InJail "Away Super Interaction"'>, '_tuning_loaded_callback'), frame1 : <frame at 0x15b34ccc0, file 'E:\\Builds\\MCCC_8_0_0\\mc_cmd_center\\mc_injections.py', line 853, code inject_logger_exception>, frame : <frame at 0x150c9b750, file 'E:\\Builds\\MCCC_8_0_0\\mc_cmd_center\\mc_utils.py', line 164, code _wrapper_function>]
    File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\super_interaction.py', line 1994, in _tuning_loaded_callback [ __class__ : <class 'interactions.base.super_interaction.SuperInteraction'>, cls : <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.EV:ArrestedSim_InJail "Away Super Interaction"'>]
    File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\interaction.py', line 1965, in _tuning_loaded_callback [ cls : <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.EV:ArrestedSim_InJail "Away Super Interaction"'>, op : <StatisticChangeOp <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.motive_Social'> ParticipantType.Actor>, liability : none]
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

More of an advanced tip, really:

When building, I find it useful to have at least one Sim living on the lot in order to switch back and forth from build mode to live mode. First you can cheat in alot of money for that Sim, then when done, just cheat back to the money the sim had originally after evicting them.

That way building can be tested WHILE building so then it's less likely to overlook problems and glitches when fully testing/playing the lot later.
    This is probably good advice for people intending to eventually upload their build to the Gallery.

Cheers! B)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,918 Member
    I really love build-mode.. in fact re-modeling is the time where i relax and think thru future scenarios for my Sims. I think i re-modeled all the homes of willow creek and oasis at least once! I did it using that tip you just mentionned, but i dont know how to upload lots where i would go. But i created my very first house from scratch, can i upload it ? and do i have to have a clean library before sharing w the community (i do so many saves and i have alot of duplicated). ty have a nice day everyone
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    Just bumping this back to the front page. Some awesome tips and ideas in this thread.
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    My teenage boy went to glimmerbrook to become a spellcaster he experimented with the cauldron and now for some strange reason looks very pregnant. I have no mods so I dont know how this happened

Could he have been abducted and you missed it?
    When your Sim gets vacation time from work or school, how do you access that?

Their phone.
    I had a LOL moment. My toddler smashed the doll house and became sad (poor dolls) someone mashed the doll house how terrible.
    > @Behappy1st said:
    > I had a LOL moment. My toddler smashed the doll house and became sad (poor dolls) someone mashed the doll house how terrible.

my little wild one did that too (LOL) and then her sister got sad, so i banned the dollhouse from the household ... i gave each one a separate treasure chest !
    im sorry to make a different post for this right now, but as iam just finished downloading a game pack and i had a question about librairies... i apologize if this is not the proper way to inquire about the game, correct me if need be! So if i share my librairy, will it allow folks to consult my hole database? i.e. households, lots, etc. or i can pick and choose category and or specific lots or household ?
    im sorry to make a different post for this right now, but as iam just finished downloading a game pack and i had a question about librairies... i apologize if this is not the proper way to inquire about the game, correct me if need be! So if i share my librairy, will it allow folks to consult my hole database? i.e. households, lots, etc. or i can pick and choose category and or specific lots or household ?
    I think the wait works is if it's in your library then it's just yours. But if you share it to the gallery everyone can see and get it.
  • TrucchiTheSims4TrucchiTheSims4 Posts: 4 New Member
    You Also Enjoy Party :p
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

I know you asked about 4 days ago, but to clarify:

Anything in your "Library" is only accessible by you. On your computer or whatever you use to play the game. And only through your account. While online, you can share something to the "Gallery" then it's viewable by everyone.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Nae1419Nae1419 Posts: 2 New Member
    Can anyone please tell me how to build a dock or buy a mooring station on island living for sims 4? Thank you.
    I am playing Sims 4 With a lot of cheats enjoy very well with cheats i am visiting this site for cheats< a href="https://trucchithesims.com/"> Trucchi The Sims</a>
    I am playing Sims 4 With a lot of cheats enjoy very well with cheats i am visiting this site for cheats https://trucchithesims.com/
  • LAI11LAI11 Posts: 7 New Member
    Hello
    Im new
    Im just trying to get 15 comments done
    Sorry for the spam
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Nae1419 wrote: »
    Can anyone please tell me how to build a dock or buy a mooring station on island living for sims 4? Thank you.

Start by building a foundation from land over the water. Add the mooring station from buy mode - make sure nothing is in the way (placed on top of your foundation) and the water must be deep enough to accept placement.
    Welcome
    LAI11 wrote: »
    Im new

Hi all ! Thank you for welcoming me. I am getting more intrigued by the day this game is wayy past expectations its awesome, and there is so many questions so far i always found the answers very easily too :smiley: now in studying all the possibilities the game provides i read about mods... i know the option is there ingame so i figure they are allowed BUT ... i also read it can screw up your whole game, i wouldnt be inclined to got that route and to mess w the game putting mods that might render the code unstable, mind you i dunno much about programming tbh, but my question is; will i miss out if i leave out mods altogether? This game already seems to have some small glitches here and there... i had to reload once ! any advice on that for a newcomer ?
  • AriJeteAriJete Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello :)
    hello.. i am not getting this. lol ...
    i got all the mods catalog t-shirst i could finf, then i cant seem to properly download content such as pre-made sims and lots ! ?