Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there anywhere I can get sims 1 ?!?

PinkyPusPinkyPus Posts: 52 Member
I love the sims games, and i'm working on collecting them all. I've never ever played sims 1, but I want so badly to play it.
Is there somewhere online I can download the game with all packs ? Who actually works on windows 10 computers (my msi laptop has the newest update).
My laptop don't have a cd room, and the cd's in general basically don't exist in norway :(
So i'm really hoping someone knows somewhere I can get the game to complete my collection and finally try this game?

Comments

• TombRaider_TombRaider_ Posts: 24 Member
    Nothing digital, but they have them on ebay. Also look into portable CD-ROM drives. Most ways to obtain Sims 1 and Sims 2 are just physical copies.
  • PinkyPusPinkyPus Posts: 52 Member
    Nothing digital, but they have them on ebay. Also look into portable CD-ROM drives. Most ways to obtain Sims 1 and Sims 2 are just physical copies.

Oh 🐸🐸🐸🐸... The rules of importing things to norway now are so stupid, like the customs is super expencive, so If i'm going to try buying it off ebay it will cost more to get it into norway than the game itself with the shipping. That's why I hoped for something digital maybe
  • xGinnexGinne Posts: 6 New Member
    The best version of the Sims 1 is going to be the Complete Collection. That's like an 8 disk set that includes all the expansion packs.

To get it to run on Windows 10, you'll need to find a way to make it run without the disk. Windows 10 does not allow games to run from disk drives anymore - it's a feature that just got removed over the last two decades.

You can also find a way to make the resolution bigger. Most people call them "HD mods." All they really do is enable the game to render at a larger resolution.

Once, about a decade ago, someone did succeed in creating a digital version of the Sims 1 and it was distributed over a peer-to-peer network. I don't think it's legal and is most likely very against the Terms of Use.
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Involving dudes with a parrot on the shoulder, and probably something akin to a creek.
  • AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    edited April 2020
    Can it run on a Virtual Machine? That woul be nice.

Also, I know that Windows 10 alows you to have more than one version of Windows. I have a Window Vista/Window 10 and a Win 8/Win 10
    So if you have a license for an older windows, you can reinstall it and install windows 10 after it as a dual boot. I did that.

Edit: I must add, Windows 10 is slow on old machines. Don't install win 10 on an old PC.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    I've removed posts advertising piracy, this is against our rules so do not post it again.
  • zero35zero35 Posts: 99 Member
    Alexciel wrote: »
    Can it run on a Virtual Machine? That woul be nice.

Also, I know that Windows 10 alows you to have more than one version of Windows. I have a Window Vista/Window 10 and a Win 8/Win 10
    So if you have a license for an older windows, you can reinstall it and install windows 10 after it as a dual boot. I did that.

Edit: I must add, Windows 10 is slow on old machines. Don't install win 10 on an old PC.

yes,it can running on Virtual PC
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    The place to get Sims 1 is from Amazon. Sometimes it hard to get it but it worth the wait.
  • oliv3oliv3 Posts: 106 Member
    Pretty sure Sims 1 you need a physical copy, check eBay, amazon or GameStop if you live in the U.S. However, for the TS2 you can get it off the app store for around $20 if you have a Mac and its runs like the actual PC version. Its titled as the Sims 2: Super Collection and comes with a lot of EP.
  • DeadManHBKDeadManHBK Posts: 117 Member
    I found it on oldgamesdownload - it is the complete collection! As long as you follow the instructions it gives, it should download just fine. It worked for me - I hope it works for you! :)
    500c175dfecfd4bfdb430b6ae61d85abc33cef98_hq.gif

A n a l Na t h r a c h D o c h e'l D e'n m h a
    A n a l Na t h r a c h T i e r a N a t r a c h...
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited July 2020
    I got the complete collection disks off of Amazon this year, downloaded a quick fix after installing from the disks, and it still responds to this day whenever I have it in the disk drive. I have Windows 10.
  • DanaKScullyFBlDanaKScullyFBl Posts: 355 Member
    I had it installed on my computer but I was stupid and removed it and now it won't install again it says it fails when trying to install hot date and I think maybe I should have left it alone when it was working just fine, cause I want to have all of my Sims games on my new computer that I'm building right now, but sadly no go for my Sims 1 games due to it fails every time now :'( but I do have my Sims 2, Sims 3 and Sims 4 on one computer thanks to Origin, I just gave EA my Sims 2 base game code and I got it that way on Origin and I have no problems with it. Good luck with your Sims 1 game trying to get it to work.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    I've removed posts advertising piracy, this is against our rules so do not post it again.

@EA_Rtas Then please make this game available somehow. At least the Complete Edition. I would love to play it again
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    DeadManHBK wrote: »
    I found it on oldgamesdownload - it is the complete collection! As long as you follow the instructions it gives, it should download just fine. It worked for me - I hope it works for you! :)

@DeadManHBK How legal is that though?
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • DeadManHBKDeadManHBK Posts: 117 Member
    DeadManHBK wrote: »

@DeadManHBK How legal is that though?

There are numerous other old games on there, so I would assume it's okay? Truthfully, did not think about that, so I guess proceed with caution? The OP asked if there was a way to download them, and I was simply offering an option. :)
    500c175dfecfd4bfdb430b6ae61d85abc33cef98_hq.gif

A n a l Na t h r a c h D o c h e'l D e'n m h a
    A n a l Na t h r a c h T i e r a N a t r a c h...