Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you want

I was just wondering what people want In The future of the Sims going ford.

What do you want 257 votes

I don’t want the sims 4 to ever end.
13%
IcewolfSnuffyBucketcandy8aircastle87smurf45blueAnieLin18Babykittyjade83bienchenYBNS2468LoanetHearts4uAuronoiChieftainBusufuGrumpyGlowfishAlvesuperkyle221GamingTweetyPeralPatriceBewitchingSasha 35 votes
Sims 2 recode with new graphics better optimisation Sims4 AI that kid of thing
22%
aprilroselisamwittbandcampsquirrelasimbsimmoltaziafruitsbasket101VageniusBluelleMindofyDarcVader1tabasheKiaraSims4Modssimlicious2015Lustianiciapajamajam07yuppsikasika18KhrisstynemikawagKniga_Sitara 58 votes
Sims4 recode see above
6%
Bloosmoomcorralamcrocemariajane216verfensEnkiSchmidtKoteykafuturevet201Charlotta11simms745x4m1r4secretlondon123AenalaMortryddDannyram2004EliasVersace 16 votes
5 more years I am not ready for this to end yet.
29%
alan650111IceyJSimburianSuccyStrangerthankwanzaabotMariefoxprice83simgirl1010robyngravesIObellegoodcakebaker62Sjofnaecollins21Simsister2004ashcrash19davina1221ChampandGirlieGracieO312SailorCetiEmmaVane 75 votes
Sims5 we need a shiny new game with new graphics and new gameplay
21%
auroraael14CK213mikepapaycikcatmom1987GRIMMYalexspoom13Ayradyssaeval99friendlysimmersBariSaxyldmarkoLizzychicagoKaeChan2089Sakia90Sk8rblazeMirichataydevMcBrianDkMikado-chanAavinaash 56 votes
Just let the game die already
2%
Goldmoldarrudy8292ApparentlyAwesomeLogisitcssimesmerizedSte2694Oceancat 7 votes
A few of the worlds from the Sims 3 put in to the Sims 4 desperate the game limits
2%
freindlylolslamondathenameslynith13Shaghayeghyzcaptainjoshua77ElizaG2016 6 votes
Just let the series die already.
1%
Bagoas77mock68Vivi_WillowTreeGoosey 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    Sims4 recode see above
    I'm not really sure what you mean by 'recode'. They are an odd set of questions.
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I'm not really sure what you mean by 'recode'. They are an odd set of questions.
    Like a graphic update bring it up to modern standards like Age of Empires did btw ment Sims3 in your answer I just did a small typo and you can’t edit poll answers after you post them for some reson
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I'm going to say what I said before....if they can 180 this game into not being an epic bore, and improve it, then I'm all for TS4 continuing. If not just go with TS5.

The community has given thousands and thousands of feedback, if there are problems, and there are, they know exactly what to do.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    None of the choices fit me. I don't want five more years of Sims 4, but I'm not ready to move to Sims 5 - IF I do at all. I feel like 2020 is going to be crazy with planned schedules due to the craziness and turmoil the world is in right now, so it may be that 2020 might not be anything at all like what it was planned to be. Before said craziness happened I figured we'd get a full 2020 and maybe a little in 2021. Given the changes...I'd be up for another two years of Sims 4 product, into early 2022. Maybe I've got low expectations but I'm fine with 2020 bringing us one SP, GP and EP each. Normally I'd want more but the world is upside down right now. Expectations should likely be adjusted to what is "normal"
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    The Sims 2 is superior. When we see lists of what people want, the majority is just old nostalgic stuff from TS2 and 3. Bring me a TS5 with TS2 gameplay and detail (+ babies and toddlers), TS3's open world and color wheel, and TS4's level of graphics and AI.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Honestly no matter what they do I'm not buying Sims 5. The game industry keeps cutting more and more features from their sequels, and as TS3 showed versus TS2, and what TS4 showed versus TS3, that trend is likely to continue. Not to mention the target audience loves Young Adult gameplay, and the devs prioritize that to the detriment of every other age.

I'm also not interested in buying Pets, Seasons, University, Vampires, Magic and Celebrities AGAIN. I'm sick of the constant repeats. We're at the point where SOME of this content should be in the base game already. Pets and weather, if not a seasonal cycle, at the very least.

TS4 isn't a perfect game by any means, but it's better than TS5 will be at launch. It's also still incredibly profitable; why launch a new game when console's been out for maybe a year or so, and people are still buying it on PC?
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited April 2020
    Mine is kind of a hybrid. I feel the game could refine what made older games so great, as well as add in some new ones that have never before been featured. With the way tech and AI is, I'd love to be able to upload a photo, and have the game make a Sim based on it, without the headaches of DIY.

Having just gotten into TS2, he Sims themselves and their detailed animations are really what makes that game for me. TS3 has open worlds, the cars from TS2, and large worlds (and no short supply of decent lots). TS4 has a CAS that is a bit easier to learn, and Build/Buy is easier to use, and is lacking a ton of stuff. In both TS2 and TS3, one can make worlds from scratch. TS4, you're stuck with the pitiful worlds the game has. Worlds are tiny, Sims are stupid, and they teleport everywhere. It's missing most of the base game features of prior games. Some of it (restaurants, Repo Men) have been bundled with packs, yet the majority of it (esp police and fire NPCs) are still missing. And, there's really no "town" area. What restaurants and stores exist in my game were built by me thanks to Get to Work and Dine Out. I've never gotten just why bars and nightclubs are a base game thing in TS4, but many community staples are not (and besides, I live in a town where there are ordinances banning nightclubs and bars; but restaurants can serve alcohol).
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    Well, given the list of options, the "bring on the The Sims 5" option is the best fit for me. Have to say though, that comes with a HUGE caveat: TS5 needs to take the game back to elements from TS2 and TS3 that have been cut from the TS4 iteration. I'd like to see an open world and Create-A-Style customizations back, but more importantly, they simply need to put more resources into animations to create Sims with all the little touches they once had in the previous games. (And there were just so many MORE animations and interactions!)

If Maxis is unable or simply unwilling to do this, then honestly, I'd rather change my response to "Just let the series die after TS4." I'm definitely not willing to pay for another whole game and set of packs that can't manage to even do half the things that were possible in the older installments.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Just let the Sims 4 die and start over from scratch.

And above all: Take TIME. Even if it takes years to develop an amazing base game, go for it.

''A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad.''
  • Options
    AlveAlve Posts: 101 Member
    Honestly, since I've become the one that pays for the game: I don't want it to end. When I grew up I played TS1 and TS2 and my parents paid for the game or gave EP's as birthday presents etc, and at that time I always wanted the newest game or iteration. But now as an adult I'm tired of spending so much money on something that's not gonna be improved or have new stuff added to in the end. What I mean is that I won't buy The Sims 5 if they don't completely change the way they bring new content: I'd like something closer to Minecraft that you don't have to buy a new iteration, you just get updates. Maybe a subscription based thingy. I don't know, I just don't see the point in The Sims 5 if it's just gonna be the same content as we have seen in previous iterations. If TS5 comes within the next 3-4 years, I'm gonna feel like I wasted alot of money on TS4 since it's not a complete game by far, and I would not want to repeat that mistake.
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Please do not hate :D
    I am very happy with the game and imo it could go on forever :).
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    Sims4 recode see above
    rudy8292 wrote: »

And above all: Take TIME. Even if it takes years to develop an amazing base game, go for it.

I game that is never released is useless as it'll never earn any money back.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

I game that is never released is useless as it'll never earn any money back.

That has nothing to do with the quote. A delayed game does not mean it will never release. It only means that it will release in a better state than a rushed game. (Sims 4, hello).
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Just move to the next installment and learn from this horrid mistake of a 4th installment.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Right now I don't trust EAxis to do a good job with TS5 (they want it to be an online, cloud gaming multiplayer), so I'm tempted to vote: "Just let the series die already". But for whatever reason I'm not ready to check off that option yet....

I'm actually putting more hope in Paralives and Paradox at this point.

• Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    edited May 2020
    Edited my post to strike the "but it's not very good" from my post. After reading through a lot of recent posts in the backlash of the Eco Lifestlye/Living Pack, I see how ignorant my remark was. There are so many simmers that love what TS4 is and it's been great to reflect on this most current rendition through their eyes. That's not to say my "gripes" are magically erased, it's just that my perspective has broadened a bit. Overall, I try to be considerate in how I approach my own criticisms of the game, but I think I could do better.

So, I didn't find what I want on your list, so I'll just say it.

I want to let TS4 go. I mean, I can enjoy it for what it is, but it's not very good. Buggy. Key aspects of the game are frustrating -- like having an AMAZING clothing option system with different categories and a number of outfits to set per category! Yet, still, our poor sims change out of their carefully picked clothing in favor of horrific uh, "fashions" chosen by the game? What? Ok, so you created something great -- why couldn't there have been a category for work? Or for dates? I thought that was what "everyday," "formal," and "party" were for.

Anyway, that was just one example of my own frustrations. TS4 has a LOT of potential, but too much is thrown away by poor development choices imo. What's being done now to help basic gameplay? Or simply enhance what's there? I'd much rather more intelligent and unique sims than what we have in TS4. But I think, in that way, TS2 spoiled me (likes/dislikes, wants/fears, astrological sign/attraction, etc.). In TS4 it's just moodlets and a handful of traits that don't do too much.

But enough of my griping -- I don't mean to be so negative; there are aspects of the game I do enjoy or I'd have disappeared long ago.

So, what do I want to see?

Just do the franchise right. Go back to what made it great. Good game play, charming and lifelike (unique) sims, well-done AI -- those things are always relevant. Does EA really need to worry about alienating the younger crowd that they seem to target by looking back? I don't think so.

I've said it before, and my thoughts haven't changed: if they won't update/upgrade TS4, let it go already. BUT TS5 better start with the right game engine (not this cellphone app/online limitation-plum). There are plenty of cellphone games and simple games out there. I want what the sims started out as - a life simulation!

And now my bottom line on TS5 is this: if the game at release does not have seasons, toddlers (all the life stages just to be clear), a fully-fleshed out education system (you know, high school and college), pets, everyday basic career options, etc., then it will be the first in the franchise I will not buy.

Imagine if they'd take their time to give us a real base game. Back in the day, paying for a "Seasons" expansion meant giving your sims something new. But now, since TS2, we've had two reiterations where it's "rinse and repeat." Seasons should be part of the base game by now, freeing up expansion packs/DLC for actually new experiences. Even EA admits this approach by acknowledging how, "now that the expected packs are out of the way..."

I'm sorry, but if they're what you know your players expect, why not release your base game with everything that is expected? Not so difficult by now, right? If it is, I'm sorry, but they need to change jobs. Seriously. Look at the other games out there. Now tell me what the excuse is.

All of those "expected" packs serve one purpose -- generating money.

And there's just no way I'm doing it again.
    Post edited by SAEldarin on
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited April 2020
    Neither of the above. I want 3 more years of TS4 then I'll be ready for TS5. Basically I don't want TS4 to go past 3 more years. After then I'll be ready for TS5.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Right now I don't trust EAxis to do a good job with TS5 (they want it to be an online, cloud gaming multiplayer), so I'm tempted to vote: "Just let the series die already". But for whatever reason I'm not ready to check off that option yet....

It's also been said there will be a single player version.
  • Options
    gallerysims4gallerysims4 Posts: 267 Member
    I love the Sims 4. I have uncertainty about the Sims 5 and I doubt that the Sims 5 will ever keep up with the Sims 4...
    Feel free to check out my Instagram where I post pictures of my Sims 4 Legacy at https://instagram.com/gallery.sims4

Check out some Weekly CAS Challenges here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976290/weekly-cas-challenges

My SimLit Stories: https://gallerysims4.wixsite.com/simlit
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    In an ideal world, they'd fix the problems with Sims 4 (simulation lag, sims lacking personality, cars, freed babies, dragons, etc) and make it last as long as it possibly can. I'd rather have a big, solid, complete game than start back from scratch.

Buuuut I doubt Sims 4 will ever reach the same standards as previous interations' base games, so I'm also up for giving them 3-5 years to give us some more half-hearted versions of my favorite packs before dying quietly.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    Not ready for Sims 4 to end yet. I think 5 more years would be great. It's not realistic to expect it to never end, so I didn't choose that one.
    I will probably never going to buy Sims 5 (if there will ever be Sims 5), especially if it requires a monster computer to play it. I will continue playing Sims 4 as long as it's possible.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I love Sims 4, I'd say keep it going, at least until it can't run on new computers or something
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

It's also been said there will be a single player version.

The question is how much effort and focus are they going to put into the single player side? Because if they have both single and multiplayer, their resources will be stretched and you know how cheap EA is with funding. Also add the fact that they want to put more emphasis on the multiplayer side.

I'm just really tired of them not listening to us. So at this point, I really don't care.
  • Options
    JadesimmerJadesimmer Posts: 76 Member
    I go back and play sims2 so that’s why I chose this option :p
    4kTG3iX.png
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, I don't want to start over again with another base game just yet - there are still some packs I'd like to see in S4, and I do enjoy playing it. On the other, they are too far down the road to do some of the AI improvements many of us would like to see. So, maybe three more years.

However, I'm not entirely trusting that S5 will be the game we want - multiplayer will place limitations on the game, even in single-player mode. If it's in the 'cloud', single player or not we will have frustrations at times when either our local connection or their servers are down. It's not unusual now to have problems with Origin when everyone in the world is logging it to play EA games, and most of it is coming from people who play multiplayer games. They'll need to beef up their infrastructure if they want everyone playing in the cloud. I'm also not keen on anything that would require monthly payments to 'rent' my game.

I didn't play S4 for three years because they left out toddlers. I won't be jumping on the S5 bandwagon until I'm sure it isn't only a YA party-party game and that single-player play isn't too limited by the multiplayer option.
    I just want things to match. :'(