Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seaside Savior?

I am currently on a mission to complete all Lifetime Wishes. I've gone through a few before this, but finally decided to try the ones I never finished. I am in the middle of the Seaside Savior LTW and I've noticed something funky and was wondering if this happens to anyone else: When my sim just gives CPR on the beach, it doesn't count toward her saved, only when she rescues a sim from drowning. Also, every and now and then a sim will reset and she's stuck standing there until I reset her and teleport her back.

Am I wasting my time on this one? Please let me know if you've ever finished this one. I'm really having fun with it, but a little annoyed that only rescuing drowning sims counts.

Comments

• Options
    simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    I finished it some years ago. Since I rotate through a lot of families I was almost going to skip this one because some days it only came 2 sims to the beach and it would take forever to master his lifetime wish.
    It was 3 beaches in the world I played but I set 2 of them to parks so I just ended up with one beach and knew where he would work. Then I made his wife throw a party on the beach just before he was going to work. A lot of sims came and he could resque about 10 sims per workday/party.

His wife even faked to pass out in the livingroom so she could steel a kiss while he was giving CPR :mrgreen:
  • Options
    stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    I’ve completed Seaside Savior a few times over the years. On average, it took about 6 sim weeks to achieve.

You’re correct that rescuing drowning Sims is the only thing that counts towards the total though; that’s as intended.

However, one thing that helped me speed things up on my last go with it was using the Pool Jobs for Lifeguards mod from MTS. The mod is great for playing a lifeguard in worlds without expanded beach lots. But the best part is that your lifeguard won’t have to run and swim as far in order to complete a rescue in a pool. Pools are always deep enough for Sims to drown in, whereas a smaller portion of the beach/seaside terrain has the depth needed. It might save you some stuck resets too. And if you set the pool lot as the only available lot to work at, and also happened to throw a well-attended party there before you start the work day, you’ll complete the LTW so much faster. :naughty:
  • Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    I finished it some years ago. Since I rotate through a lot of families I was almost going to skip this one because some days it only came 2 sims to the beach and it would take forever to master his lifetime wish.
    It was 3 beaches in the world I played but I set 2 of them to parks so I just ended up with one beach and knew where he would work. Then I made his wife throw a party on the beach just before he was going to work. A lot of sims came and he could resque about 10 sims per workday/party.

His wife even faked to pass out in the livingroom so she could steel a kiss while he was giving CPR :mrgreen:

This is GENIUS! Thank you!
    starguru wrote: »
    I’ve completed Seaside Savior a few times over the years. On average, it took about 6 sim weeks to achieve.

You’re correct that rescuing drowning Sims is the only thing that counts towards the total though; that’s as intended.

However, one thing that helped me speed things up on my last go with it was using the Pool Jobs for Lifeguards mod from MTS. The mod is great for playing a lifeguard in worlds without expanded beach lots. But the best part is that your lifeguard won’t have to run and swim as far in order to complete a rescue in a pool. Pools are always deep enough for Sims to drown in, whereas a smaller portion of the beach/seaside terrain has the depth needed. It might save you some stuck resets too. And if you set the pool lot as the only available lot to work at, and also happened to throw a well-attended party there before you start the work day, you’ll complete the LTW so much faster. :naughty:

I didn't know that was intended! With the way it would randomly reset sims made me think it was a glitch. I do use the pool mod, actually! It's awesome!

Ok, nice. This is a really fun one to do so I'm glad it's not pointless, lol! Thanks for the brilliant tips, too!