Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Listen Up Maxis

If you don't make an announcement tomorrow, do not even think about doing a fake announcement for April Fools Day on Wednesday. I am not in the mood for fake announcements while waiting for real announcements.

Comments

• FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Would be tasteless to do so. With 3 months without a Maxis Monthly, no bug fixes, no patches. no news, no announcements, and so, if they want to act like they truly know their community, they would take the path of giving us something of good use.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    I think it would be in bad taste to do an April Fool's prank.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Toddlers confirmed.

10 more years of the Sims 4. :p
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited March 2020
    Rumor has it that they will postpone april fool's day to mid-june.
  • beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    I heard they are going to announce a release of an expansion set in WW2 Germany named, "Simler's List".
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I don't like April Fools day.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    That's extremely rude if they do that.

I'm still waiting for them to address the floppiness of the anniversary update & lack of engagement besides than updating their personal thingy & recent free codes on twitters.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Sanriel85Sanriel85 Posts: 362 Member
    Maxis and listening :D They only listen EA ;)
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Sanriel85 wrote: »
    Maxis and listening :D They only listen EA ;)

I figured I would give it a shot LOL
  • Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    While open communication with their customers and fan base has never been their strong suit, the current covid-19 crisis may be interfering with their release schedule. I can see developers individually working on things like objects, cas items, and animations at home but it may be problematic now for EA/maxis to actually put a product together suitable for release. It may just be that product development has become uncertain and therefor there's even less they can announce than usual.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    They have been communicating daily on Twitter - doing promos and giveaways.

They've been running the March Madness bracket.

They've been soliciting feedback on the second Community Vote Stuff Pack and reporting results.

As far as no announcements, they can literally be fired for leaking anything without the go-ahead from Marketing. Non-Disclosure Agreements are legal contracts, and a real thing in game studio work.

I'd love to have a roadmap for the spring & summer, sure. But let's not make false statements, or accusations, or conspiracy theories about Maxis not caring. They are actually one of the most player-engaged studios in the business.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    edited March 2020
    ... so this is going to be my first Feast of Fools with the Sims community. What, if anything, is the "norm" for such events?

I mean, I'm mostly a TTRPG gamer, so I'm more familiar with the joke sourcebooks that many game companies will release, and I've heard of some multiplayer game pranks. And April Fool's does seem like the sort of thing that Maxis would participate in, I just don't know how.

And yes, they need to be very judicious in their choice of prank - if any - for tomorrow. There's a reason I put myself in a 24 social media brownout for April 1st.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    ... so this is going to be my first Feast of Fools with the Sims community. What, if anything, is the "norm" for such events?

I mean, I'm mostly a TTRPG gamer, so I'm more familiar with the joke sourcebooks that many game companies will release, and I've heard of some multiplayer game pranks. And April Fool's does seem like the sort of thing that Maxis would participate in, I just don't know how.

And yes, they need to be very judicious in their choice of prank - if any - for tomorrow. There's a reason I put myself in a 24 social media brownout for April 1st.

Did they ever do an in-game prank on April 1st?
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    They better not or I'll dislike them even more.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited March 2020
    Sindocat wrote: »

They've been soliciting feedback on the second Community Vote Stuff Pack and reporting results.

As far as no announcements, they can literally be fired for leaking anything without the go-ahead from Marketing. Non-Disclosure Agreements are legal contracts, and a real thing in game studio work.

I'd love to have a roadmap for the spring & summer, sure. But let's not make false statements, or accusations, or conspiracy theories about Maxis not caring. They are actually one of the most player-engaged studios in the business.

While the simgurus are nice and they do post some things, Maxis have not posted any development updates except about the community stuff pack, which is a pack that they announced last year. People want to know if they are going to fix bugs or what pack that they are working on. Things that they could announce by updating their NDAs, which other game developers do, often to give their CMs and marketing departments something new to post to keep people interested and invested.

An april fools joke would be in poor taste now when people don't know what is happening, are worried and all they hear from Maxis are them asking for input but not showing what they are doing combined with their marketing team trying to keep people interested with old content.

That’s nice for those with Twitter.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »

really wish they wouldn't just focus on Twitter and give us at the forums more attention.
    keekee53 wrote: »

really wish they wouldn't just focus on Twitter and give us at the forums more attention.

Totally agree or what is the point of having a forum. Twitter is also blocked in some countries so it is disrespectful to others to only post information on Twitter.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I hardly ever use Twitter. I don't really care for the format. I have entered the occasional giveaway on there but most of the time I forget to look at it.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Mac users have been told of changes coming with the their upcoming patch and I wonder if there is one coming up for all of us soon, if not April 1st! Macs need one for the Mac OS security changes.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I hardly ever use Twitter. I don't really care for the format. I have entered the occasional giveaway on there but most of the time I forget to look at it.

Neither do I. But, thankfully, a pinned post at the top of this board curates every Sims Guru twitter post for us, right here on these forums.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    Have they ever even made an April's Fools joke before? I can't remember but I don't think so.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif

Neither do I. But, thankfully, a pinned post at the top of this board curates every Sims Guru twitter post for us, right here on these forums.

Useful I guess but can't suggest anything or vote for anything unless you have an account. It is still not them communicating with us directly. I believe that is a simmer who created the post.
    DeKay wrote: »
    Have they ever even made an April's Fools joke before? I can't remember but I don't think so.

Yes one time they did. I wish I could remember and I want to say it was during the Sims 3.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Maxis listens to the community. o:)

They brought toddlers, pools, ghosts, etc. in the base game. :#

They also brought our glorious Justine Keaton.
    https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Justine_Keaton
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.