Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some "secret" unlockables no one talks about?

beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
I've been playing with Jungle Adventure a lot lately, and being I'm 25% cheater, 25% completionist, and 50% lazy, I've looked up a few FAQs about all there is to do there. One thing seems lost to every one I've seen, which is you can unlock quite a few new recipes by having a high enough Selvadorada lore skill and eating the foods/drinks offered at the food vender by the bar.

This got me thinking, what other little known unlocks are out there?

Base

Secret Aspiration "Grilled Cheese" unlock by cooking and then eating three plates of grilled cheese in a row. (thanks to coolsim9999999)

Your traits unlock certain dialogue options otherwise unavailable. (thanks to davina1221)

With the correct mood, you can cook recipes only available at that time. (thanks to capturethemagic)
When energized, you can cook the "High Energy Protein Plate" (lvl-2 cooking) which makes other sims energized.
When playful, you can cook the "Silly Gummy Bear Pancakes" (lvl-3 cooking) which makes other sims playful.
When flirty, you can cook the "Flirty Heart Cookies" (lvl-3 cooking) which makes other sims flirty.
When angry, you can cook the "Angry Flaming Spaghetti" (lvl-4 cooking) which makes other sims angry.

How to collect the Sugar Skulls...(thanks to kalaksed)
1. Click on an active tombstone or urn (from a dead sim) and select "leave a sugar skull offering".
2. If it worked, you will receive a notification, an audible chime, and a sim will be summoned to celebrate the Day of the Dead.
3. When you build a strong enough friendship with this person, you will have the option to ask them for a Sugar Skull. If successful, they will give you one randomly selected from the collection, so this will most likely take some time to complete.

Cats & Dogs

QueenMercy said:
You can unlock the seafood recipes from the Brindleton Bay food stands, but they’re single serving only.
Huiiie_07 said:
You don't even have to travel all the way to Brindleton Bay to unlock these recipes. If you have Dine Out, you can put them on the menu of a restaurant and learn them this way.

City Living

Secret Reward Trait "Spice Hound" showing you maxed out your spice tolerance. (thanks to coolsim9999999)

Secret Reward Trait "Chopstick Master" showing you maxed out your chopstick skill. (thanks to coolsim9999999)

There are food items you can unlock by eating at food vendors. If you have Dining out, you can add these items to your menu and learn them that way. (thanks to Huiiie_07)

Island Living

Sulani Volcanic BBQ Searer: This pit allows you to cook a number of new dishes, some of which might be locked unless you have a high enough cooking or gourmet skill, These recipes can not be learned, and most are only available through the BBQ pit.
Fish Dinner Lvl-1
Kalua Pork Lvl-1
Pork Adobo Lvl-1
Tofurkey Dinner Lvl-1 (already available in base game under cooking)
Island Vegetable Feast Lvl-1
Rack of Lamb Lvl-6 (already available in base game under gourmet)
Chicken Lvl-10
The pit is unique in that the quality of the food made from it is dependent upon both your cooking skill and what type of lot it is placed on.
Residential: poor or normal
Park: poor to excellent

The trait "Child of the Island" allows you to summon the island spirits. If you succeed in having a baby with one of these spirits, that child will be born with the trait "Sulani Mana", which allows that sim to summon volcanic rocks to fall from the sky (which you can break open to earn rare minerals) and bless a plant once a day to cause that plant to rise in quality one level. (thanks to heartlacing and ShadyLady_DQ)

There is a secret cave located in Mua Pel’am, on the northeast island, right by the Admiral's Wreckage lot. Next to this cave is a mural, and the more you interact with the cave the more of the mural will open up, which in turn offers more interactions with the cave.

"Ordinary" Conch Shell can be used to summon mermaids to you, so it's an easy way to figure out who is one. You find the conch just like regular shells; by combing the beach or diving for shells.

Jungle Adventure

You can unlock food and drink recipes from the food/drink vendor located near the cantina by eating/drinking the items. You must have a high enough level in Selvadoradian Lore in order to completely consume the items so to unlock them, and you will receive a notification informing you it is unlocked. There is also a secret food menu that has additional food recipes to get the complete set, and you need a Level 5 Selvadoradian Lore to unlock the menu. Instead of traveling all the way to the vendor, you could just purchase one and place it on your lot and hire a vendor to make those items available for purchase (unconfirmed). Or, if you own Dining Out, you can add these to your menu and learn them that way (unconfirmed). There are ten food recipes, three drink recipes, and one other recipe to unlock. The recipes are...
-Food
Baleada Level-5 (secret menu)
Feijoada Level-5 (secret menu)
Curanto Level-5 (secret menu, grill required)
Platanos Fritos Level-3
Pastel de Palmito Level-3
Pastel de Camarão Level-3
Empanadas de Verde Level-3
Buñuelos Level-3
Arepa Rellena con Perico Level-3
Arepa de Pabellón Level-3
-Drinks
Espuma Agria Level-3 (make at bar)
Horchata Level-3 (make at bar)
Yerba Mate Level-3 (make with tea brewer)
-Other
Remedy of the Ancients (make with Ancient Bone Dust after receiving "Curse of the Ancients", unconfirmed)

Outdoor Retreat

Secret Achievement/Trophy: "Bring a Hermit into Society". (thanks to coolsim9999999)
Post edited by beadierturtle on

Comments

• QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    You can unlock the seafood recipes from the Brindleton Bay food stands, but they’re single serving only.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    You don't even have to travel all the way to Selvadorada to unlock these recipes I think. If you have Dine Out, you can put them on the menu of a restaurant and learn them this way. It definitely works for the City Living and Brindleton Bay recipes, so I suppose it must work with the Selvadorada dishes as well.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited March 2020
    QueenMercy wrote: »

HoHo! Thanks for that insightful insight, I didn't know! I'm gonna send a mermaid investigate that o:)
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    edited March 2020
    Secret unlockables:
    1. make 3 plates of grilled cheese, and unlock the Grilled Cheese aspiration. Upon completion of that aspiration, you may summon an entire 8 serving plate of grilled cheese. This was available way before the Grand Deliciouso spell. Any teen or older may do it.
    2. look at the achievement list.
    3. secret achievement: bring a hermit into society, chopstick master (or something like that), and there are are others --- I'll think about it more.
    4kkjdXo.png

• beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    Secret unlockables:
    1. make 3 plates of grilled cheese, and unlock the Grilled Cheese aspiration. Upon completion of that aspiration, you may summon an entire 8 serving plate of grilled cheese. This was available way before the Grand Deliciouso spell. Any teen or older may do it.
    3. secret achievement: bring a hermit into society, chopstick master (or something like that), and there are are others --- I'll think about it more.

2. Do you mean achievements like on Steam, Xbox, and Playstation (trophies)?
    3. For those who aren't aware...
    "Bring a Hermit into Society" is referring to a secret aspiration available in Outdoor Retreat.
    "Choptick Master" is referring to something in City Living...I think?
  • MayaioYTMayaioYT Posts: 38 Member
    @beadierturtle Thanks for the help :)
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    It is well known by older players, but new or players who play the same play styles all the time might not realize it. Playing with different traits actually unlocks all kinds of new dialogue that you wouldn't necessarily see. For instance, those who basically play the same traits all the time might be surprised at how much more is in the game. I'm a family player, but usually, I lose interest after the kid stage or if new content comes out, I usually start a new game. Between new content and family play, I somehow don't get around to the negative traits or full on supernaturals. Playing with the opposite traits you usually play with opens up new play interactions.
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    edited March 2020
    Yes I mean achievements like on Steam, etc @beadierturtle.
    In TS4, go to the menu where you save the game, there's an achievements button (you must be in live mode to use it). You can click on it to see the achievements. However, some of them aren't on the list but may be achieved.
    4kkjdXo.png

• heartlacingheartlacing Posts: 24 Member
    I'm sure everyone knows this one by now, but the "child of the island" trait allows you to summon and interact with island spirits on Sulani, and if you manage to befriend one long enough to get them into your household/get their relationship bar high enough, offspring will inherit the "Sulani mana" trait, which lets them summon volcanic bombs at will, which is a pretty cool visual effect lol.
  • ShadyLady_DQShadyLady_DQ Posts: 476 Member
    I'm sure everyone knows this one by now, but the "child of the island" trait allows you to summon and interact with island spirits on Sulani, and if you manage to befriend one long enough to get them into your household/get their relationship bar high enough, offspring will inherit the "Sulani mana" trait, which lets them summon volcanic bombs at will, which is a pretty cool visual effect lol.

Sulani Mana doesn’t just let you summon lava bombs but actually increases plant quality once daily with the “gift of Sulani” interaction! Best hidden skill ever for your plant focused sims!
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    Secret unlockables:

2. Do you mean achievements like on Steam, Xbox, and Playstation (trophies)?
    3. For those who aren't aware...
    "Bring a Hermit into Society" is referring to a secret aspiration available in Outdoor Retreat.
    "Choptick Master" is referring to something in City Living...I think?

I have a strong feeling to correct.
    2. If you go to options menu (with saving and lessons etc) in live mode, there's a button where you can access achivements. While these correlate with achievements on Xbox and Playstation (thus you can disable them by cheating), in PC, what achievements you've earned may be different in each save and can be still earned with cheats.

3. "Bring a Hermit into Society" isn't an aspiration. It is a secret achievement, meaning you won't see it in the achievements list unless you've done it. And "Chopstick Master" isn't an achievement, it's a reward trait from City Living that shows that your sim has mastered the hidden chopsticks skill and will never ever have embarrassing moments with them. Same is with "Spiice Hound" reward trait (also from City Living) that shows that your sim has maxed out their spice tolerance.
    There is, however, a secret achievement you can earn by reading all the signs in the park neighborhood in San Myshuno.

There is a secret unlockable I would like to share.
    When sim reaches a high level in scientist career, they unlock the ability to do expert repairs on broken objects. This interaction makes them repair it faster. I call it secret because you aren't made aware of the ability with notifications and you won't see a new trait in your sim's trait panel (so it's a hidden trait).

And the flaming volcanic boulders they leave behind can be (after dealing with the fire) broken down to score a handful of rare minerals.
    Updated Island Living.

Updated Base.
  • capturethemagiccapturethemagic Posts: 249 Member
    Different moods unlock new foods in cooking. For example, if your sim is flirty they can make heart cookies. I know you touched upon this with the 'High-Energy Protein Plate' but I wanted to say it expands to other moods as well.
    c22f90da185c99d211adfff586bffe45.png
    Different moods unlock new foods in cooking. For example, if your sim is flirty they can make heart cookies. I know you touched upon this with the 'High-Energy Protein Plate' but I wanted to say it expands to other moods as well.

Added, and thank you!