Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers: Do you max all their skills??

I don't always but the family I am currently playing I have. I haven't found it too difficult. I love the trait you get for maxing out their skills as it makes levelling skills up on children so much easier.

Comments

• Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    Thinking: watch parent
    Imagination: " " playing an instrument
    Communication: talk to/hug (level 2+) stuffed animal
    Movement: walking, roughhousing etc.

First three skills take only 1.5 days to complete. Oh, and potty training isn't even required for top notch.
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    I do, for the reward trait, but I take no entertainment doing it.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I prefer to. It can be a slog, so I pace out toddler households with playing child-free households.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I used to. Nowadays I try to reach at least level 3
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    edited March 2020
    Yes. My toddlers don't need much help from me with imagination and movement, as I play with autonomy on, and they do the activities needed without my help. The thinking skill takes the longest, at least for my sims. I mostly have to guide them to get this maxed out.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I prefer not to. I don't like my sims being too perfect.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    I usually do. I enjoy playing with toddlers in sims 4 and their progress in skills really shows, so it feels rewarding to level it up. However, I prefer to only help them out now and then.
    Otherwise, they're on their own with their toys. If they want help - they'll ask.

The only skill I powerlevel is Potty. An absolute must. If you're helping other families with toddlers, then level up just Potty.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    I always do. But I love Toddlers. They’re my favorite life stage.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I do, but I play on long life so I have the time to do it. If I played on Normal I'd probably focus on just getting them to 3, if I worried about them at all.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    On long lifespan the toddlers practically raise themselves to top-notch.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I used to focus on it. It became quite repetitive since there isn’t a huge variety of ways life as a toddler can impact a Sim overall. Now I just cheat their skills up if I want the reward. I wish there were a greater variety of life-altering decisions to make as Sims are growing up.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Always.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Depends on how busy the household is. In my active career households, I have to decide whether to go to work with the career sim or play the house so I can train the toddler. And then in some households I just have too much going on and prioritize other family members' goals over the toddlers. If I don't make it my top priority for the family for at least the first 4-5 days, I won't make it past level 4 in most of the skills.
  • Options
    purplexbutterflypurplexbutterfly Posts: 597 Member
    Interesting to hear all your stories. TS4 toddlers are my favourite iteration of toddlers by far. You can leave them for a period of time and they aren't at risk of the social worker coming lol. I've never got mine to 5 before but I have for this household and it doesn't feel like a chore. I agree, the thinking skill is the hardest to raise.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I did once, then I found a mode that skips the toddler life stage entirely. When a majority of my mods broke, I just now immediately age up the toddler a few seconds after aging up a baby.
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    It depends, sometimes I’ll max out a skill for one toddler and not another if I think it does or doesn’t fit their personality. For example if I have a shy toddler I won’t make them max out the communication skill. I tend to max the potty and motor skills though. I like them to be able to look after themselves a little.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    If it's a household I don't want to spend alot of time on for the toddlers, I'll either let them do their own thing, or just cheat them up. Otherwise if it's one of my main favorite households, I like to do every little thing using minimal or no cheats. I have long life on, so it's not a hurry to rush things, which I found stressful when I first played. My first toddlers were triplets, I only managed to max out 2 of 3 before they aged up on the time limit.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Always. Depending on how long I want them to be toddlers (that is, how fast I'm bored with them) I either let them do whatever they want and they level slow, or I cheat the points. Usually I just give them a Wabbit tablet, best baby sitter in the game.
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    Not yet... B)
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    KookieSpringKookieSpring Posts: 54 Member
    edited June 2021
    Post edited by KookieSpring on
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I skill the heck out of my toddlers. They keep busy and happy that way. I aim for level three for all skills, then see how much time there is before they age up and either aim for five for all skills or try to max out whichever one I'm most interested in. And I always do potty first. Everything else is easier if the kid can take itself to the potty.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    I try to, but admittedly it can be very difficult. I probably achieve it about 2/3 of the time. I need to focus on skill development the entire time and the parents need to be organized to help make it happen. The key is ignoring the high chair and just pulling food from the fridge and putting it on the floor near the toddlers. It saves so much time and makes it possible to achieve all the skills.

That said, I always randomize my toddler traits and that can have a big impact on how successful it can be.

Sometimes though I realize part way through the toddler stage that it isn't going to happen and just accept that 'happy toddler' is the closest I'm going to get.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I max out their skills as soon as I can. They're much easier to take care of once they have skills. As a rotational player, I don't appreciate returning to a household with kids and toddlers to find the entire household in total chaos then spend ten minutes of playing time sorting it all out before I can move forward with the family's story line. Especially when there's a holiday on the calendar I am trying to celebrate with all my families. Or I have a family outing at the park or beach planned because mom or dad has that day off from work and the sun is shining.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    My toddlers max their skills by themselves. It's not even hard on the longest life setting.