Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 base world(s)

doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
If you don’t want the Sims5 don’t post it in this thread it’s not a I want The Sims5 thread
How do you think the worlds in the Sims 5 will work
Personally I think we will have 1 world at launch but this will be BIG and cut up into districts so you will have downtown That will have clubs bars and apartments an inner city upscale living District and a Suburban district with mid sized homes and some small food or comic book shops this will all be connected by a bus/subway system with transport hubs but as soon as you get on the train you get a loaded screen this will be to give us more alive worlds we will also have a national park for walks and stuff (camping comes in a full EP this time).

That’s how I see the worlds working what do you think?

Comments

• Options
    lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    I think that would be interesting but I am desperate to have an open world system like we had in 3. I actually just started playing with it again and I forgot how much more immersive it was. I could even see if they went in your direction how each district would be open world but the others would have to load. I just want to be able to visit neighbors and other buildings without having a loading screen for everywhere I go.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    lovemy4s wrote: »
    I think that would be interesting but I am desperate to have an open world system like we had in 3. I actually just started playing with it again and I forgot how much more immersive it was. I could even see if they went in your direction how each district would be open world but the others would have to load. I just want to be able to visit neighbors and other buildings without having a loading screen for everywhere I go.

Maybe open world sections, town area, suberb area, country area, and you could go anywhere in these sections. But sims 3 needed a bigger engine, it couldn't hold enough.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »

Maybe open world sections, town area, suberb area, country area, and you could go anywhere in these sections. But sims 3 needed a bigger engine, it couldn't hold enough.

I'm really hoping TS5 will be 100% open world. The problem with TS3 was that it wasn't 64-bit. It was only 32-bit and therefore could only use 2gb of RAM. Even if it was extended, it can only access 3gb.

I'm pretty sure though that TS5 will be 64-bit so it would be very capable of running a 100% open world better than TS3 can.

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

I'm really hoping TS5 will be 100% open world. The problem with TS3 was that it wasn't 64-bit. It was only 32-bit and therefore could only use 2gb of RAM. Even if it was extended, it can only access 3gb.

I'm pretty sure though that TS5 will be 64-bit so it would be very capable of running a 100% open world better than TS3 can.

I never played TS3, but in large part it's also going to depend on what sort of texture, model, and lighting upgrades TS5 includes. Higher quality textures and higher density meshes will put more of a strain on the system, even at 64-bit. I don't expect they'll go too high, because it is a video game and they don't need to go photo-real (and probably shouldn't) But it will be a factor.

From what I've seen, as long as going open neighborhood or Open world allows for multiple worlds that can be visited as easily as they are in TS4 (so no mods fiddling with code) and that aren't horribly empty - Windenberg already feels pretty empty even now unless you're actually in the active venue - I wouldn't have a problem with it. I think open neighborhoods are more likely than open worlds, which seems to be a nice "middle of the road" between the two.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

I never played TS3, but in large part it's also going to depend on what sort of texture, model, and lighting upgrades TS5 includes. Higher quality textures and higher density meshes will put more of a strain on the system, even at 64-bit. I don't expect they'll go too high, because it is a video game and they don't need to go photo-real (and probably shouldn't) But it will be a factor.

From what I've seen, as long as going open neighborhood or Open world allows for multiple worlds that can be visited as easily as they are in TS4 (so no mods fiddling with code) and that aren't horribly empty - Windenberg already feels pretty empty even now unless you're actually in the active venue - I wouldn't have a problem with it. I think open neighborhoods are more likely than open worlds, which seems to be a nice "middle of the road" between the two.

In terms of open neighborhoods, that would still be too many loading screens. I would really want working vehicles to be part of the game and also include boats and windsurfing, water-skiing (which work well in an 100% open world - just look at my sim windsurfing in my profile pic). Part of the reasons why people love TS3 is for the ability to travel around the open world and visit any lot unencumbered/uninterrupted by loading screens. It makes for smooth and immersive gameplay.

I play TS3 now on my old 2014 computer which only has 4gb RAM and an integrated (meaning it shares memory with my computer - not dedicated like the better graphics cards) Intel graphics card and the open worlds it has runs fine and the graphics are good. Other TS3 simmers who have much newer, more powerful computers and graphics cards have posted that their TS3 games work better, including the loading time at the beginning being vastly reduced. So I know that if TS5 is developed in 64-bit to run in the new computers out now, a 100% open world system that runs well, with shorter loading time at the beginning and optimization is quite possible.

Alex Masse, the developer for Paralives is setting the game up to be 100% open world because that's what most people have been asking for. If he believes he can do that, why not Maxis?

• Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'd rather it be like TS4, where they can go to any world they choose. TS3 was frustrating, being stuck in one world.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I'm hoping sims 5 will have more lots. I know the Sims 4 worlds are all "connected" but they still just seem small. But I in no way expect as many lots as possible in Sims 3. If Sims 3 had 100-150 lots possible and Sims 4 is more like 15-25 I'm hoping for a good 30-40 lots in Sims 5 worlds. I'd be surprised if it was more than that. I do hope they have neighborhoods again of 5-10 lots each, and the neighborhoods are open. I don't expect we'll have completely open worlds again.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    doogerie wrote: »
    If you don’t want the Sims5 don’t post it in this thread it’s not a I want The Sims5 thread
    How do you think the worlds in the Sims 5 will work
    Personally I think we will have 1 world at launch but this will be BIG and cut up into districts so you will have downtown That will have clubs bars and apartments an inner city upscale living District and a Suburban district with mid sized homes and some small food or comic book shops this will all be connected by a bus/subway system with transport hubs but as soon as you get on the train you get a loaded screen this will be to give us more alive worlds we will also have a national park for walks and stuff (camping comes in a full EP this time).

That’s how I see the worlds working what do you think?

I hope it comes with a beach and a large waterfall like Stoney Falls in TS3.
  • Options
    I'd rather it be like TS4, where they can go to any world they choose. TS3 was frustrating, being stuck in one world.

True very true.
  • Options
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

A lot of what type of worlds it will be depends on what type of Game Engine TS5 has.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I think we'll be able to visit more than one world in each save without starting over like in The Sims 4, but we'll have more open worlds. Not completely open, but more open.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i love sims 4 and i love being able to hop worlds at anytime but i do hope they go back to one world for sims 5. no rabbitholes though like sims 3 had, i despise rabbitholes
  • Options
    edited March 2020

But the worlds in TS4 are so small! In TS3, the worlds are huge. The reason why we didn't need to go world hopping is that we can put everything in one world. There are a lot of free fan made worlds that has everything in them. And all this without loading screens. Also if someone really wants to play world hopping they can do that with the Traveler so they won't have to stick with just one world.

TS3 is the only open world game out of the entire The Sims series. I really want TS5 to be 100% open world. If you love loading screens so much, then just stick with TS4 or TS2 or TS1.

• Options
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    i love sims 4 and i love being able to hop worlds at anytime but i do hope they go back to one world for sims 5. no rabbitholes though like sims 3 had, i despise rabbitholes

Actually TS3 added active versions of a lot of its rabbitholes in later EPs, SPs and the Sims 3 Store. And Zerbu made his amazing Ultimate Careers mod to many any career active. But anyway, I really hope TS5 will have both rabbitholes and active lot versions like in TS3, especially if its open world - you will need rabbitholes if you're managing more than one sim in a household.

If TS5 has world hopping, I want the worlds to be huge like in TS3, not TS4. The worlds in TS4 are TINY - you would NEED to world hop because there's not much to see and do in each world and gets boring real fast. Anyway, I want the entire worlds in TS5 to be fully explorable like in TS3 and not just uneditable backdrops like TS4. I want the bodies of water to be fully swim-able like in TS3. I want vehicles/boats without running into loading screens like in TS3.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I don't get the rabbit holes thing about sims 3... we had libraries, museums, parks, coffe shops, laundry store, tatoo stores, beauty saloons, clubs, consignement stores, beaches, ... and soooo much more that weren't rabbit holes. We did have some places that were rabbit holes but you could interact. And then there were the career locations that were rabbit holes, but so are in 4... anyway i like to see my sims get the car and drive all the way through there. And then i can catch a coworker after work right in front of their job place and go hang with him anywhere...
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    They should be open worlds like in TS3 but even more advanced.

I would also like a built in CAW type so you can make changes and edits as you want. You should be able to chose your own lot sizes and places them where you want as well. This way players don't have to keep waiting for certain types of worlds to be released and can make changes as and when they want :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    What I think, since you asked, is the world will be a multiplayer server world. Saved to the cloud and every changing when you load it. Now prove me wrong Maxis.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I don't get the rabbit holes thing about sims 3... we had libraries, museums, parks, coffe shops, laundry store, tatoo stores, beauty saloons, clubs, consignement stores, beaches, ... and soooo much more that weren't rabbit holes. We did have some places that were rabbit holes but you could interact. And then there were the career locations that were rabbit holes, but so are in 4... anyway i like to see my sims get the car and drive all the way through there. And then i can catch a coworker after work right in front of their job place and go hang with him anywhere...

No, all those things came later. The open venues were only the library and the museum, and a park. Open venues had to be handled later in LN, not before.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    telmarina wrote: »

No, all those things came later. The open venues were only the library and the museum, and a park. Open venues had to be handled later in LN, not before.

Yes, the base game had a library, a museum, a park, a beach and an academy. But 4 base game also had only 4 open venues... so what i think is that both were very similar in what concerns to rabbit holes...
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I hope the base game comes with 1 or 2 worlds. No loading screens unless you are traveling between worlds. (Assuming you can travel between worlds and since TS4 did it, I'm now expecting it, even though I realize that it means I likely won't get it). I can hope though!

However, I think we might get a neighbourhood to play off line and if you want the whole world, it will be online and behind a monthly fee. You also will not be able to change or customize this world and what you can do in your own personal neighbourhood will be limited to make room or "force" you to go online for a "better" experience. I hope I'm wrong about this.

Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member

I've only played Sims 3 for Xbox, but that sounds incredibly frustrating.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    We definitely need interconnected worlds like Sims 4. I am hoping for open sections of worlds instead of full blown open world.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

But the worlds in TS4 are so small! In TS3, the worlds are huge. The reason why we didn't need to go world hopping is that we can put everything in one world. There are a lot of free fan made worlds that has everything in them. And all this without loading screens. Also if someone really wants to play world hopping they can do that with the Traveler so they won't have to stick with just one world.

TS3 is the only open world game out of the entire The Sims series. I really want TS5 to be 100% open world. If you love loading screens so much, then just stick with TS4 or TS2 or TS1.

There's no need to be so rude, my goodness! I'm well aware that the worlds in TS4 are small and would be better if they were editable as they were in TS2/3, but the fact still remains that I like being able to hop worlds. It makes logical sense to be able to world hop, because people move to different cities than the ones they grew up in. Sticking in one world got old really fast and I hated that, if you wanted to move to a new world, all of the relationships my sims built up would be totally erased.

I don't like loading screens, but thanks for assuming things that aren't true of me! :)
  • Options
    Sakia90Sakia90 Posts: 46 Member
    @PlayerSinger2010

It's just as frustrating being stuck with small "worlds" where you can't edit them or add any custom ones. Playing the same small worlds gets boring too. I just hope in Sims 5 we're able to have open worlds/neighborhoods (real worlds) where we can do all of that and travel to different ones. I also hope that the sims from other worlds don't appear in the one you're currently in. It breaks immersion. :/
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member

There's no need to be so rude, my goodness! I'm well aware that the worlds in TS4 are small and would be better if they were editable as they were in TS2/3, but the fact still remains that I like being able to hop worlds. It makes logical sense to be able to world hop, because people move to different cities than the ones they grew up in. Sticking in one world got old really fast and I hated that, if you wanted to move to a new world, all of the relationships my sims built up would be totally erased.

I don't like loading screens, but thanks for assuming things that aren't true of me! :)

they're a very annoying and irritating person who, regardless of whats going on, will find a way to make it sound like sims 3 is the best game ever, has no flaws, is perfection incarnate, and anyone else who has a different opinion is a brainless idiot.

i just threw them on my ignore after they insulted my intelligence about a week ago, best decision ever.