Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Move In Household from My Library

I am trying to move a household to a vacant house that I created so I sent one of my played families to the neighborhood (making sure not to take them to that lot since the option "Move In Household from My Library" doesn't appear if the active family is at that lot. So while they were on a different lot, I moved my focus to the new house and clicked on the aforementioned option. It took me to my library but the family that I want to move in does not exist in there, presumably since I did not create that family.

So I went to Manage Worlds so I could enter the Manage Households screen. The family is there but their location says "Currently Not in World." So what I'm trying to do is move them into the world. How do I do this using the Move In Household from My Library option?

Comments

• animevampanimevamp Posts: 136 Member
    If they're in the manage household section why not just move them in from there? Or you can edit them in CAS, don't make any changes and just click the save to my library option then move them in from the library.
  • PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    The problem is that this family already has a member who is the best friend of my kid so if I take the family to CAS and save them, wouldn't that reset everything on them?

As for moving them in from the gallery, they can't afford the house that way. I don't plan to play this family just wanted to get them in this house.
    Do you have cheats enabled or is this a no cheat save?
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    The problem is that this family already has a member who is the best friend of my kid so if I take the family to CAS and save them, wouldn't that reset everything on them?

As for moving them in from the gallery, they can't afford the house that way. I don't plan to play this family just wanted to get them in this house.

If they don't have the money now, they won't have it if you saved them to your library either,so the only thing you can do is move them into a home they can afford (from manage households) and either cheat money in (if you use cheats) or play them and have them earn enough money until you can move them into the desired home.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

animevamp wrote: »

That's an interesting question because I don't use the testingcheats true or whatever it is but I did use the bb.showhiddenobjects to get some things for some public lots and for one house.
    RavenSpit wrote: »

If they don't have the money now, they won't have it if you saved them to your library either,so the only thing you can do is move them into a home they can afford (from manage households) and either cheat money in (if you use cheats) or play them and have them earn enough money until you can move them into the desired home.

This is not correct. If you visit a lot then mouse over an adjoining lot without visiting it and click, you get the option to move in household from my library and it doesn't cost anything. I've moved several of my sims that I don't plan to play in to lots that way.

That's an interesting question because I don't use the testingcheats true or whatever it is but I did use the bb.showhiddenobjects to get some things for some public lots and for one house.

There are some cheats you don't have to turn testingcheats true to use (bb.showhiddenobjects, bb.showliveeditobjects, bb.moveobjects, ect..) In any case I think I may have a solution. First save the house you want to move them into to your library. Once it's safe there bulldoze the lot temporarily. Go back to manage worlds move in the family to the empty lot you just bulldozed (do it from manage households). Don't play the family just go straight into build mode from the manage worlds screen, open your library and replace the build you bulldozed earlier. It should put the build there even if the family can't afford it. That's how I've been replacing lots in my new save.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    This is not correct. If you visit a lot then mouse over an adjoining lot without visiting it and click, you get the option to move in household from my library and it doesn't cost anything. I've moved several of my sims that I don't plan to play in to lots that way.

really? that's weird that it doesn't cost anything then...gotta try it sometime.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

edited March 2020

There are some cheats you don't have to turn testingcheats true to use (bb.showhiddenobjects, bb.showliveeditobjects, bb.moveobjects, ect..) In any case I think I may have a solution. First save the house you want to move them into to your library. Once it's safe there bulldoze the lot temporarily. Go back to manage worlds move in the family to the empty lot you just bulldozed (do it from manage households). Don't play the family just go straight into build mode from the manage worlds screen, open your library and replace the build you bulldozed earlier. It should put the build there even if the family can't afford it. That's how I've been replacing lots in my new save.

OMG! That was exactly what I was looking for! It works great so to step it out, here's the process;
    1. If the house is already on the lot
    2. Go to build/buy mode and save the house to your library
    3. Demolish the lot
    4. Go to "If the house is not on the lot]
    1. If the house is not on the lot
    2. Go to world view
    3. Move your sim onto the empty lot stay in world view
    4. Make sure your household is set as unplayed
    5. Enter build/buy mode
    6. Place the house on the lot from your library
    7. Make any changes you need
    RavenSpit wrote: »

really? that's weird that it doesn't cost anything then...gotta try it sometime.

Yes, this is a great way to fill vacant lots with random sims that you don't plan to play.

EDIT: Added unplayed step to process.

Post edited by PenguinFoop on