Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

March Patch Speculation 2020

Comments

• Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    I want them to fix canceling interactions bug, my sim sometimes cancel the interaction I gave them and you have to do again and again and its annoying..
  • Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    I noticed the terrain paints bugging out (more than usual) after the recent patch, could that be a sign a new terrain tool is coming? Remember the columns went funny right before the column update..?

Pond tool would be my only guess tbh

Everyone seems to have gone silent on the equestrian pack they let slip back during the ROM reveal, I reckon the next game pack will be horses. Alsooo what happened to the new swatches? Are they gonna leave it with only doors?
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    My guess is some recolored object or outfit. I'm officially at this point with this game there's no point in hoping or expecting something nice to come.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    @catloverplayer yeah, I've already posted at AHQ (there is a more current thread on the problem now, as it is not solved at all) and answered one of the gurus asking about it on twitter, so they are aware of it at least.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    ThunderNebThunderNeb Posts: 55 Member
    It won't be a game pack. Just the Knitting Stuff Pack, and likely an announcement of a game pack, with more exciting news. Probably some sort of Farm Pack and or Royalty Pack. As well as a brand pack announcement, because some of us nominated some.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    ThunderNeb wrote: »
    It won't be a game pack. Just the Knitting Stuff Pack, and likely an announcement of a game pack, with more exciting news. Probably some sort of Farm Pack and or Royalty Pack. As well as a brand pack announcement, because some of us nominated some.

The knitting pack is no where near done. We still have to vote on buy build items. I don't expect the knit sp till August.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    A royalty pack would suck so much. I really don't think, this is what the game needs at this stage. We lack so many basic things yet.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I have a feeling Farms are finally coming.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited March 2020
    Im pretty sure i won't be able to buy any pack now and i still have a few i want to buy but can't yet, but i wish a new game pack is announced soon. New stuff are always welcome and i can at least enjoy all your screenshots and thoughts until i can buy it.
  • Options
    MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    fixing annoying bugs, smoother gameplay, and more interesting traits are always welcome!
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    A royalty pack would suck so much. I really don't think, this is what the game needs at this stage. We lack so many basic things yet.

I think the problem is that they plan stuff very far ahead. So they may have had a plan for a royalty pack (just for example) a year ago and have to continue with it. That's why I think it will be a while before we see a much needed kid pack or a generations type pack because people only recently started begging for it. Before then I mostly only saw them asking for university/witches etc etc

And interestingly enough I saw an old poll on twitter not too long ago(from Grant I believe)asking which life states they should focus on and kids were at the bottom of the list 😢😱😱😱and I'm thinking no wonder they thought nobody wants them.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited March 2020

I think the problem is that they plan stuff very far ahead. So they may have had a plan for a royalty pack (just for example) a year ago and have to continue with it. That's why I think it will be a while before we see a much needed kid pack or a generations type pack because people only recently started begging for it. Before then I mostly only saw them asking for university/witches etc etc

And interestingly enough I saw an old poll on twitter not too long ago(from Grant I believe)asking which life states they should focus on and kids were at the bottom of the list 😢😱😱😱and I'm thinking no wonder they thought nobody wants them.

I've been reading about people complaining they want the life stages to be more fleshed out (except for YA/A who got plenty of content already) from the very beginning of TS4. It started with missing toddlers and teens being undistinguishable from YA. We got toddlers and parenthood and well, now you can at least READ if someone is a teenager or not over their heads when you touch them with the mouse. But people have been complaining ever since, it never really stopped (except for a few weeks after toddlers and parenthood came out). People have been wanting updated babies, better elders and stuff for them to do, stuff for teenagers and/or preteens to fill the gap between children and teens since the beginning. It's not like no one has been complaining or that people started to complain only recently. The complaining started with release day and it never really stopped.

I really hope we get updated babies, a generation EP and preteens this year. Everything else like farming, resorts, fairies or romance, I'd be happy about too, but it just adds on top for me and we need more basic stuff for our Sims to do together as a group with more than 2 Sims. Even lots of game changers start to say that we lack basic everyday life gameplay and that includes family gameplay and group interactions (that rude English girl who doesn't want preteens because clickbait not counted).

Lots of occult players are family players too, so I don't go along with the occult vs. family gameplay fight. One of the reasons why ROM was critisized, even from occult lovers, is the fact that there is no magic for toddlers and children...

So, nope, people have been complaining about it for years and I do think there is a chance we will get it this year.
  • Options
    MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Well, if they do improve Sims 4 life stages or do a Sims 5, I hope they at least add an extra elder category or improve their looks because I don't know any elders that look that where I come from in real lfe. Maybe years ago, but not now. all bad or wrinkley. Heck, I even know some that are almost 100 years old and don't look that decrepit while bending down constantly with a horrible expression like that. It's probably meant to be funny, but not if you really want to play a Sim that is older and be taken seriously, Lol.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

We got all of the most-requested packs already.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

We got all of the most-requested packs already.

Farming and Generations has been heavily requested for a while.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited March 2020
    Time once again to speculate on the Next Patch for The Sims 4. I feel like that this patch will be big cause I think it will be a Pre Gamepack Patch and add stuff to the base game but I could be wrong. We're way overdue for a Gamepack and with Gamepacks and Expansions usually come big patches that add stuff to the base game as well as fixing tons of bugs.

Another possibility is a big update like cars or updated babies. Also remember the toddler patch came out 2 weeks before Vampires.

Cars and babies are two big ones for me. Would love to see this or preteens too. Update to City apartments/hotels ect. would be nice too.
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    Really? I didnt know about error 22 but I doubt an update for console will come the same day as PC.

Lucky you, my main game became unplayable cause of that error and has been sitting there untouched waiting for the fix, I had to make a whole new game under a new account and thankfully it works fine but I am always anxious when saving afraid of that error happening again.
    Anyway, regardless of when the next patch comes to consoles, I'd still want it fixed ;)

Can't play Sims4 because my Origin page messed up again. It has been messed up for a whole year and they finally fix it and now it is messed up again. So, I know how you feel. I can play Sims3, though, because unlike all these online games, it has a launcher. Sims4 needs one in case Origin isn't working.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    Time once again to speculate on the Next Patch for The Sims 4. I feel like that this patch will be big cause I think it will be a Pre Gamepack Patch and add stuff to the base game but I could be wrong. We're way overdue for a Gamepack and with Gamepacks and Expansions usually come big patches that add stuff to the base game as well as fixing tons of bugs.

Another possibility is a big update like cars or updated babies. Also remember the toddler patch came out 2 weeks before Vampires.

Cars and babies are two big ones for me. Would love to see this or preteens too. Update to City apartments/hotels ect. would be nice too.
    Really? I didnt know about error 22 but I doubt an update for console will come the same day as PC.

Lucky you, my main game became unplayable cause of that error and has been sitting there untouched waiting for the fix, I had to make a whole new game under a new account and thankfully it works fine but I am always anxious when saving afraid of that error happening again.
    Anyway, regardless of when the next patch comes to consoles, I'd still want it fixed ;)

Can't play Sims4 because my Origin page messed up again. It has been messed up for a whole year and they finally fix it and now it is messed up again. So, I know how you feel. I can play Sims3, though, because unlike all these online games, it has a launcher. Sims4 needs one in case Origin isn't working.

uninstall and reinstall Origin and download the beta version @davina1221
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member

Where do you find the Beta version and also, it won't hurt my Sims3 and 4 games when I uninstall Origin, will it? Thanks for responding.
  • Options

Where do you find the Beta version and also, it won't hurt my Sims3 and 4 games when I uninstall Origin, will it? Thanks for responding.

when you go to the ea page to download Origin they will ask you if you want to download beta
    no it will not hurt your games @davina1221
  • Options
    gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    you don't even know there will be a patch :p
  • Options
    well that kind of kills hope for a pack this month no patch no pack
  • Options
    mimilu04mimilu04 Posts: 83 Member
    They don't announce/showcase paid dlc on Maxis Monthly, only new base game features. To me it sounds like we'll get a new pack (I think GP) soon with only a small "pack-preparation" patch.

If I remember well, for Tiny Living the updates we got in the pre-release patch (book ends becoming functional, bed upgrades) were showcased in the Stuff Pack livestream.
    So yeah, I think small patch, hopefully with bug fixes.