Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Happy Haunts Game Pack: Artstyle and World

upscale-miles-dulay-screen-shot-2020-02-08-at-11-09-28-am.jpg
That concept art above is one of many concept arts from the base game. I have seen it a long time ago, but it came to my attention lately after SimsVip made a post with a bunch of the concepts together, and I just can't stop feeling like its so perfect for a Happy Haunts game pack.
Maybe we could have a world like Strangerville, but in a dark swamp setting, with cricket and crocodile sounds, fog and lots of water a plants. I love Twinbrook from Sims 3, maybe they could even introduce some premade sims from that world in Sims 4... It would be even cool to see an update to the Grim Reaper making it possible to date/marry and have kids with them and having a special trait like the father winter has. Then they could add Olive Specter and Nervous Subject in this pack too.
I would love a new Cemetery Lot Type, Ghost Hunting career, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 matchmakers, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Caravans, the magical wardrobe, the Bonehilda, Fortune Teller career, etc etc...

Comments

• peachyfabulouspeachyfabulous Posts: 26 Member
    Lovely concept! I love the idea of gypsies and fortune tellers. (Would be fun to have a carnival festival that pops up where sims can have the fortunes read) Also I would looove ghost hunting as a career. I was just saying in another post that it would be cool for ghost hunters to be able to go into cemeteries to hunt. I think also it would be cool to incorporate astrology with fortune telling and tarot cards. This way it can bring back zodiacs for sims, which can add more personality and individuality to sims. I love the whole voodoo vibe and tone of your design! I think when sims find time capsules that maybe ghost hunters could benefit from finding or those practicing voodoo magic or witch magic might can use an old amulet to do some magic or something.
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    edited February 2020
    That concept art is awesome. I absolutely love it.

I love the masks
    I love the Baron Samedi face paint
    I love the Mardi Gras beads
    The Voodoo

I love it all.

I honestly would love a combination world with the best elements of

Moonlight Falls and Midnight Hollow with swamps & voodoo
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2020
    Moonlight falls? Midnight hallow? Swamps? Voodoo? Count me in!!!!!!! I 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

And the concept is amazing
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Lovely concept! I love the idea of gypsies and fortune tellers. (Would be fun to have a carnival festival that pops up where sims can have the fortunes read) Also I would looove ghost hunting as a career. I was just saying in another post that it would be cool for ghost hunters to be able to go into cemeteries to hunt. I think also it would be cool to incorporate astrology with fortune telling and tarot cards. This way it can bring back zodiacs for sims, which can add more personality and individuality to sims. I love the whole voodoo vibe and tone of your design! I think when sims find time capsules that maybe ghost hunters could benefit from finding or those practicing voodoo magic or witch magic might can use an old amulet to do some magic or something.

@thanks, but the concept art isn't mine. Its an official base game concept art! :)
  • peachyfabulouspeachyfabulous Posts: 26 Member
    Karon wrote: »

@thanks, but the concept art isn't mine. Its an official base game concept art! :)

Ooooh! I didn't realize. :D I'm glad you shared it so I could see it.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    This would have been in base game?!! I can’t help but think TS4 would be totally different if they hadn’t rushed it out.. Who knows how much stuff was scrapped :(
    @ddd994 I don't think they were planning to add that to the base game. I mean, they were planning, but didn't have to. They come up with tons and tons of concept art for the game. Like, we had 92 concept arts for clothing in the community voted SP, but most of them aren't going to be added to the game... now. Maybe in the future they will revisit those concepts, like they did with the laundry day concepts. That's why I shared this old concept art here, mentioning Happy Haunts, cuz it would be the perfect moment to revisit this concept.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I so want a big world with a combination of Midnight Hollow, Moonlight Falls & Twinbrook.
    Complete Lifestates of Werewolves, Fairies & Gypsies with strengths, weaknesses & perks.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    This is fun!
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I so want a big world with a combination of Midnight Hollow, Moonlight Falls & Twinbrook.
    Complete Lifestates of Werewolves, Fairies & Gypsies with strengths, weaknesses & perks.

Agreed
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    I'd like to see this and given the support that happy haunts had I hope we will get a pack like this. It would be ironic if it was a Game Pack, when
    knitting/arts and crafts won the stuff pack vote.
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    That art concept reminds me of Disney the Frog Princess! But I still would like to have it in the sims.
    @beville I remember translating a tumblr article for a brazilian Sims fansite before Sims 4 was released. It was about a bunch of concept art that was leaked back then, and girl... Willow Creek is all about The Princess and the Frog. haha
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I don't know whether I'd be interested in Happy Haunts for myself but I'm obviously fine with them releasing it given the popularity.

I played a lot with Twinbrook actually and would be willing to see it come back in some form. I also have nearly completely filled Willow Creek, so I enjoy it including the less fancy parts of town.

I would have interest in fortune tellers and some other concepts of that nature though I do not know whether Happy Haunts would be designed in a way that would appeal to me. I'd rather keep everything really light and I'm not interested in fear or in being the grim reaper. I'll be fine if a pack comes out that doesn't appeal to me, though obviously I'd sit that out. I might take astrology in a pack like that though I'm neutral about it coming back. I'm really not a supernatural player though I have an interest in historic themes. This means that I ended up getting the vampires and ROM in bundles after I knew that I could limit them in my game. I didn't buy the packs immediately and complain.

I'd love seeing more of their concept art though. It seems wonderfully detailed for being something that we never actually see. So, I'm probably not the main audience for this but it might appeal to me or not. It's possible that I could have a supernatural save at some point but I'm happy as I am.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.