Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this a sign of corruption?

JeGRxP5.png
Title is self-explanatory, my sim was trying to get past another sim that was doing her assignment and she just stopped and did the "can't go past" thing and these weird squiggles appeared in her bubble. Is this a sign of corruption?
Even if I die, I'll still feel alive knowing that there are people that loved me. -Ryan Yamada
2lDWFwI.gif

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I don't think so, could be but probably nothing that really matters. I saw this a few weeks ago but my Sim was thinking about a custom fence outside their window. I had to wonder what had they looked at when I realized yeah, at a distance and next door that fence did look like that. Sometimes if they look out windows then think about something they saw it can appear as those lines especially if it's grass, weeds, or fences down the street.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Yes and No.

It is technically one of the symptoms but it can also be caused by things that are not corruption. So infrequently without other symptoms of corruption is probably not due to corruption.

But if you're seeing other symptoms of corruption or you're seeing the squiggly lines frequently, then I would probably say it is a sign of corruption. Especially if you know you've done something that causes corruption.

I wouldn't panic or restart/stop playing a neighborhood until you get symptoms that affect your ability to play. How quickly neighborhoods go from initial corruption event to unplayable is way too variable to get panicked or stop playing a neighborhood over symptoms that don't affect game play. It's a main reason why it took years to get Simmers to accept that things can cause corruption - because many players have gotten bored of a neighborhood they corrupted before the corruption got to the point where it affected their game play.
  • SnappiTheSimmerxxSnappiTheSimmerxx Posts: 180 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I don't think so, could be but probably nothing that really matters. I saw this a few weeks ago but my Sim was thinking about a custom fence outside their window. I had to wonder what had they looked at when I realized yeah, at a distance and next door that fence did look like that. Sometimes if they look out windows then think about something they saw it can appear as those lines especially if it's grass, weeds, or fences down the street.

I see, I think you're right.
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    Yes and No.

It is technically one of the symptoms but it can also be caused by things that are not corruption. So infrequently without other symptoms of corruption is probably not due to corruption.

But if you're seeing other symptoms of corruption or you're seeing the squiggly lines frequently, then I would probably say it is a sign of corruption. Especially if you know you've done something that causes corruption.

I wouldn't panic or restart/stop playing a neighborhood until you get symptoms that affect your ability to play. How quickly neighborhoods go from initial corruption event to unplayable is way too variable to get panicked or stop playing a neighborhood over symptoms that don't affect game play. It's a main reason why it took years to get Simmers to accept that things can cause corruption - because many players have gotten bored of a neighborhood they corrupted before the corruption got to the point where it affected their game play.

I don't think I've done something that causes corruption, I actually never used cheats for this family and never played anyone else in the neighborhood besides them. I only have a shadow fix mod and HAD a CAS background replacement mod that I deleted, I also had custom content (hair, eyes, skin tones, clothes) but I also deleted them, though I doubt the CC would have done anything because I just made a few sims from my family wear it for a bit then when I got bored of it I had them take it off and replace their clothes and hair back to maxis clothes and hair, and when I removed the CC nothing seemed wrong, this is only a very recent thing.
    Even if I die, I'll still feel alive knowing that there are people that loved me. -Ryan Yamada
    2lDWFwI.gif
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

I see, I think you're right.
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    Yes and No.

I don't think I've done something that causes corruption, I actually never used cheats for this family and never played anyone else in the neighborhood besides them. I only have a shadow fix mod and HAD a CAS background replacement mod that I deleted, I also had custom content (hair, eyes, skin tones, clothes) but I also deleted them, though I doubt the CC would have done anything because I just made a few sims from my family wear it for a bit then when I got bored of it I had them take it off and replace their clothes and hair back to maxis clothes and hair, and when I removed the CC nothing seemed wrong, this is only a very recent thing.

Then I wouldn't worry about. Probably just a glitch.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    edited March 2020
    No, you don't have to worry. That is usually used to represent a hidden object.
    These are needs icons pressed into a bubble. The sqiggly lines that are the sign of corruption is like a part of numbers and a red X.
    Like in this picture from The Sims Wiki.
    latest?cb=20140511104358