Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Another Massive Sims Sale

Comments

• Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I didn't feel psyched enough about toddler stuff to buy it, and I already own Laundry Day. I'm hoping they'll continue on this path and eventually some others I don't own will be next.

I was pleasantly surprised at the toddler-stuff pack. It got me more interested in playing toddlers again. Instead rushing through it and aging them up quickly.

I'm sure I'll buy it when it comes around on sale again at some point. I'm just extra stingy with my "Sims" money these days.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    HOW is laundry day stuff? I don't mind doing laundry IRL but I don't necessarily want to do it in the game. Will I HAVE to have them do laundry even if I don't give them a laundry machine?

Unless you use the laundry stuff, you don't have to. If used, then cloths on all your sims in a household will deteriorate, like hygiene.
    Then like cleaning stuff up like expired food, now they have to do that with laundry. Piles of dirty cloths will pile up like garbage, that needs to be washed. Like washing dishes.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    edited March 2020
    HOW is laundry day stuff? I don't mind doing laundry IRL but I don't necessarily want to do it in the game. Will I HAVE to have them do laundry even if I don't give them a laundry machine?

Pros: Adds a new bit of gameplay, and a few decorative items.
    You can check the pockets of the clothes in the hamper and find change.
    You get positive moodlets for wearing clean laundry. Ranging from just clean to pristine.
    If you put hampers in rooms where they change, clothes go in them automatically.
    If you don't put hampers or washers/dryers/washtub in the house, then your Sims don't generate dirty laundry. So it's your choice whether to do it with any particular Sim.
    The washtub and clothesline are nice for off the grid Sims.
    You can add flowers to the washtub or washer to make clothes smell good.
    Washing laundry in the washtub builds a Sim's fitness.
    Like other appliances in game, you can upgrade the washer, dryer, and even clothesline for better end results. I found after upgrading everything as much as I could, and in the case of the washtub making my Sim get high fitness, I always get positive moodlets.

Cons: Doing laundry may get tedious. There aren't a lot of interesting objects, and there's only two washer/dryer options.
    You get negative moodlets for laundry that comes out not as clean as your Sim would like, ranging in severity depending on the problem.
    Forgetting to change washtub water, having a Sim with low fitness using the washtub, the washer deciding it didn't wash properly, or the dryer not drying all the way, can all cause this. You can choose to wash it again for a better outcome or deal with it.
    When you dry clothes in a dryer, you can start a fire if you don't empty the lint trap. (You can upgrade the dryer to make it lint free.)
    It adds some general things to the game that I find annoying, like clothes now being damp when it rains or your Sims get out of the pool, and they get a negative moodlet. (If that was already in the game I missed it.)
    There are bugs that they haven't fixed yet, like every once in awhile a Sim won't be able to do laundry. If you tell them to, they will pick the laundry up, then promptly drop it on the ground. This happens mainly with vampires and the only (temporary) fix I've found is moving them out and back in.

I can't think of anything else. I bought it half off, and overall I'm happy with what I got for that price personally.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

The pack has a lot of nice build stuff. If you don't put any gameplay item in, they won't do laundry (Game play items are the washers and dryers, clothes lines, hampers and outdoor laundry tub)
  • Options
    CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    Oooh thanks ya'll! I ended up buying it but fell asleep while it was installing! Lol
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Looks lake big sale has closed, but currently Tiny Living is 50% off!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SimsprocfunSimsprocfun Posts: 1,499 Member

Somehow I could not see this sell yesterday and I don't see it today, at least not in my country. It marked 9.99 €. But I have still Laundry Pack on sell 4.99 €.

• Options
    mimilu04mimilu04 Posts: 83 Member

Somehow I could not see this sell yesterday and I don't see it today, at least not in my country. It marked 9.99 €. But I have still Laundry Pack on sell 4.99 €.

Same, Laundry Day is the only one on sale this week in my region.
  • Options
    Sorry if I misunderstood something, LD is on sale currently, but I could swear TL was recently. I considered buying it, but never would have to full price. Maybe it's a regional thing? Anyway - today it's full price here, too.
  • Options
    I'm not seeing anything on sale now.
  • Options
    secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    I'm seeing fitness stuff on sale in the UK.
  • Options

Now I'm seeing that. I played briefly this morning and it wasn't marked. Not sure if it's one I want right now. But I'm glad to see they are still rotating them.
  • Options
    Wish they would do a similar thing with GPs...
  • Options
    keene61keene61 Posts: 259 Member

Now I'm seeing that. I played briefly this morning and it wasn't marked. Not sure if it's one I want right now. But I'm glad to see they are still rotating them.

I've been checking back every few days and I was so happy that I saw this thread because I don't have Fitness Stuff!!!
  • Options
    I was hoping they'd have a different one for 50% off every few days. No such luck though, they're back to 25% off again.
  • Options
    secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    I was hoping they'd have a different one for 50% off every few days. No such luck though, they're back to 25% off again.

They are for stuff packs - its now fitness at 50% off. Do you mean game packs?
  • Options

Yes, the game packs are 25% off. The GP's and SP's just go together in my mind, I guess because we never had GP's before. I wouldn't be able to say without looking which was which, even of the ones I own.
    I bought Fitness Stuff yesterday, so it makes sense I don't see that. Maybe there's still hope other SP's I don't own will come up.

Are GP's ever 50% off?
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited March 2020
    At this point you guys might aswell just lower the prices of certain packs permanently, this same sale seems to have been going for the entire year it just stops every few weeks and then gets started up again with a different name
    Post edited by Onverser on
  • Options
    Onverser wrote: »
    At this point you guys might aswell just lower the prices of certain packs permanently, this same sale seems to have been going for the entire year it just stops every few weeks and then gets started up again with a different name

It's how marketing works.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    But if they lowered the price, then they can't advertise that they have an amazing sale going on.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member

Yes, the game packs are 25% off. The GP's and SP's just go together in my mind, I guess because we never had GP's before. I wouldn't be able to say without looking which was which, even of the ones I own.
    I bought Fitness Stuff yesterday, so it makes sense I don't see that. Maybe there's still hope other SP's I don't own will come up.

Are GP's ever 50% off?

I only remember once that they were. It was an ORIGIN50 sale some years back and I racked up on all GPs and SPs released to date at that time. I think it was a few months before Vintage Glamour's release.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    I just purchased Kids Bedroom Stuff yesterday, now for the 'My First Pet' stuff to go on sale...
  • Options
    I just purchased Kids Bedroom Stuff yesterday, now for the 'My First Pet' stuff to go on sale...

That one would have to go on sale for $1 before I'd buy it. The only thing about it that piques my interest is the rodents and the aquarium coffee table. Everything else is stuff that should have come with Pets and I don't care that I don't have it.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I bought Realm of Magic the other day. I vowed only to get it on sale. I love it so far.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    For the main packs, I have two left. Discover University will be the next whenever. Not now though. Pets and animals will be my last.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png