Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Summer Break

Is there a mod or a way to let you kids, teens, and teachers have the summer off without having to mark it off as a holiday on the calendar and have them be off?
epngF25.png
It's up to Nancy!
My YouTube!

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    The MCCC mod has an option to give your sims more days for vacation. That is the only one I have so far found.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Little Miss Sam has a School Holiday "tradition" that you can put on days that you want kids to have off but adults don't. I don't think she's updated it for teachers, though (and Teachers have markedly less summer break than people think, anyway.)
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I'll have to poke around with MCCC. I'm still learning what it all can do. lol

Yeah, teachers normally go back about a month or so before the kiddos. I did use the LMS one, can't remember why I had stopped though.

Thanks guys!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member

Yeah, teachers normally go back about a month or so before the kiddos. I did use the LMS one, can't remember why I had stopped though.

Thanks guys!

MCCC has a search engine that really helps in finding what you are needing.

https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/settings
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited February 2020
    Ooh cool idea! Usually I make a 3-day holiday in the summer for kids and parents to go camping. The intention is 3 days.....I find OR to be a little boring though 🙃 But it would be cool to have kids-only days off!
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    I like this idea. For summer with "Seasons", Child and Teen shouldn't have to go to school.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Little Miss Sam has a School Holiday "tradition" that you can put on days that you want kids to have off but adults don't. I don't think she's updated it for teachers, though (and Teachers have markedly less summer break than people think, anyway.)

I just started using this and I love it. I decided to use this mod over the feature in MCCC because I play my seasons on the longest setting and wanted to give kids the entire summer off without having to call to take vacation time every single day.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

Thanks guys!

MCCC has a search engine that really helps in finding what you are needing.

https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/settings

Thanks! I didn't know there was a search section for MCCC.
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

I just started using this and I love it. I decided to use this mod over the feature in MCCC because I play my seasons on the longest setting and wanted to give kids the entire summer off without having to call to take vacation time every single day.

I may have to look back into LMS then. I have custom aging using MCCC and my seasons are all set to 14 days each. I hate having to have them call off school everyday.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!