Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't play the game

Every time I try to travel with my Sim, the game keeps reloading to the worlds page. I took all custom content out and its still happening. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,777 Member
    edited February 2020
    You could try repairing your game:

Repair Game:
    delete the localthumbcache.package file and anything inside your cache and cachestr folders.
    Make sure the game is closed
    Go to My Game LIbrary in Origin and right-click on the Sims 4 then choose repair game from the drop-down menu.

If this doesn't solve your problem, you can reset the game.

Reset Game:
    Move your Save, Tray, Mods. Screenshots, and Recorded Videos to your desktop (these files contain all your personal game information)
    Go to Origin, right-click on Sims 4 and choose to uninstall
    Once the game is uninstalled you can right-click on the Sims 4 and download the game again.
    You can now add back the files that you saved to your desktop. It will ask if you want to overwrite the Resource,cfg file in the mods folder. I usualy say no and use the new Resource.cfg file. This will leave a Mods folder containing just that file on your desktop, you can delete it.
  • ck614ck614 Posts: 8 New Member
    This happened to me once as well!
    I figured out because some of the CC I had downloaded was made for an older version of the sims. Try deleting cc that isn't made for the current version, or if you can't tell, you can look online to find which CC is broken or not. Hope this helps!