Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can EA do us all a big favor and limit the times they break our games?

I may be in the minority but it really irritates me that I get alot of great third party mods in my game that really enhance my game play but then about once a month (seems like anyway) we get these "updates" that (do things that I never even knew were problems cause they never occur in my game) supposedly "fix" these problems in the game but all it does is cause all my mods to stop working until the poor unpaid modders out there can get in and set things right. If we could limit the number of times per year to maybe 3 (so every four months tops?) that would be fantastic.

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    Believe it or not, the majority of Sims players do not use Mods at all and appreciate the updates. Updates that break Mods are often ones that are changing tuning in the game so that new content can be added to enhance overall gameplay.

Most Mods are updated within 48 hours after an update. Watch for @luthienrising's thread keeping track of broken and updated Mods to help keep track.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    Believe it or not, the majority of Sims players do not use Mods at all and appreciate the updates. Updates that break Mods are often ones that are changing tuning in the game so that new content can be added to enhance overall gameplay.

Most Mods are updated within 48 hours after an update. Watch for @luthienrising's thread keeping track of broken and updated Mods to help keep track.

Preach 🙌

I’ve been playing on console, which until recently, infamously lacked in the patch department and trust me it was no fun.
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    They've explicitly stated that Maxis will not support mods. Because The Sims is their product and franchise, it's their choice to do so. I'm afraid you'll have to deal with it like the rest of us. I'll concede, on principle, I agree. I await the day TS4 will stop being updated and I can mod to my heart's content. But asking them to slow down how often they update the game is impractical and it would greatly upset the community because the spells where no content is released would be even longer.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    I don't play with mods either and won't until the game is finished. Some modders have died in the past 5 years so their mods can't be updated anyway. You get warned updates are coming and take your chances. There's always the Legacy Edition.
  • FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,473 Member
    I appreciate that EA doesn't support mods. It's a shame they can't or won't put the features in the games that we want. Sometimes their hands are tied or the corporation won't let them or the ratings won't allow them to be as explicit as we'd like so mods are required to give us the full flavor that a life simulator deserves.