Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So when do you think the Next Gamepack Announcent will be made?

Comments

• Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    rinre33 wrote: »
    Romance, Country/Horses or a new vacation in February or March. I'm guessing there will be a GP and an EP in the first part of this year to allow for bundling in summer sales. It does sound like knitting will be the next SP when it is complete.

I think that February is a great time to release a romance pack. I do hope we see something to mark the 20th anniversary.

I think we're long overdue for a romantic pack. I'd really like to see an improvement on the interactions we have, an overhaul of dates, and ideally an addition along the lines of crushes or something (this could probably work similar to how sims react to celebs?). I will keep my fingers crossed for something, because what we have is a little bit boring at the moment

I hope a farming pack comes out this year as well after the demand for it. But as always, I'm a little hesitant on whether the execution will match the expectations

Yes, I think the game would be a lot better with this overhaul.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I was reminded on Twitter that Tiny Living didn't come with a Teaser so maybe there is hope of a Gamepack Announcement Tomorrow after all.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    I think they are going to ankounce a romance gamepack today for feb14.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I still say we will be getting a Game Pack this month

Probably March....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    kostasmpi wrote: »
    I think they are going to ankounce a romance gamepack today for feb14.

Hope your right.
  • Options
    Well we didn't get a gamepack announcement so don't suspect there will be anything for Valentines Day though it's still possible the next GP could be a Romance Theme cause that didn't seem to come up on the survey meaning it might already be working on.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Well we didn't get a gamepack announcement so don't suspect there will be anything for Valentines Day though it's still possible the next GP could be a Romance Theme cause that didn't seem to come up on the survey meaning it might already be working on.

oh I hope so
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited February 2020
    With the recent incident (20th anniversary - hot tub), it makes me feel underappreciated & won't be excited before anything is on the table. I want to change my expectation to the lowest point. I would suggest to let the EA team to do whatever & whenever they want. If the packs are good, I'll buy it. If not, I'm not losing anything at all.

Thanks @catloverplayer . You've been so proactive in sharing interesting threads. :)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options

Also in a recent promo video s kpop singer said that in 2020 in the Sims she wants to take a vacation, GO ON DATE and go shopping so this might be a hint to a dating overhaul through a game pack.
  • Options

Also in a recent promo video s kpop singer said that in 2020 in the Sims she wants to take a vacation, GO ON DATE and go shopping so this might be a hint to a dating overhaul through a game pack.

Very interesting indeed to say the least.
  • Options

Also it might be my idea but I think that since the recent patch forming romantic relationships has become more difficult.. does anyone else had the same experience? Maybe they prepare the game for a chemistry system..hehe I know I exaggerate a bit. In a case a I think we will get a release before the knitting stuff pack which is in april. That means end of feb or beginning of march. I just thing that two whole months is a hig gap between two stuff packs... I dont they did it in the past..and they did say that this is their biggest tear yet in terms of content so..
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I am going to go with the gamepack at the end of this month or early March. I am sure they are going to hold the EP until June for EA Play. It usually goes DEAD from like April-June.
  • Options

Also it might be my idea but I think that since the recent patch forming romantic relationships has become more difficult.. does anyone else had the same experience? Maybe they prepare the game for a chemistry system..hehe I know I exaggerate a bit. In a case a I think we will get a release before the knitting stuff pack which is in april. That means end of feb or beginning of march. I just thing that two whole months is a hig gap between two stuff packs... I dont they did it in the past..and they did say that this is their biggest tear yet in terms of content so..

I think that's more of a bug then anything cause everyone won't buy a romance pack.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    I'm thinking end of February beginning of March we'll get an announcement and a GP will be released before the end of March. As for what it is, well it's been a couple years since we've gotten a vacation world so I'm guessing a romantic getaway vacation to a Mediterranean themed world.

My guesses for releases:
    March - Romantic Vacation GP
    June - Farming EP
    Aug - Knitting SP
    Sep/Oct - GP?
    Nov - Winter Resort EP
  • Options
    Strangerville released February 26th last year so we could very well be a little over 2 weeks away from the next GP.
  • Options
    No trailer released today and I don't expect we'll get one Tomorrow or Thursday either.
  • Options
    akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    if there is no trailer next week which I highly doubt because everything is very quiet and without any kind of rumors hanging around, the end of the fiscal year was precisely in tiny living. I am concerned about the fact that we may stay until June without content, I do not remember packages between March and May very well
  • Options
    Geralt_ofRiviaGeralt_ofRivia Posts: 126 Member
    akaseven wrote: »
    if there is no trailer next week which I highly doubt because everything is very quiet and without any kind of rumors hanging around, the end of the fiscal year was precisely in tiny living. I am concerned about the fact that we may stay until June without content, I do not remember packages between March and May very well
    January 2018 Laundry day came out and then we got Jungle Adventure in March. So maybe March we get a new game pack?

• Options
    akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    January 2018 Laundry day came out and then we got Jungle Adventure in March. So maybe March we get a new game pack?

i hope, I just can't imagine what it might be, a pack focused on winter holidays doesn't seem very logical nowadays, moreover, I suppose they prefer to do a rework before that, a farm pack in a gamepack seems a little bit without logic maybe focusing on expansion? maybe some package focused on relationships or bands to match universities
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Since I'm not counting on there being two EPs this year (sure, we had that the last two years but before that it was only one a year), I think there won't be a new GP until June. Wouldn't surprise me though if there were some more SPs this year instead though.

TL was a surprise and we know there's gonna be the knitting one at some point this year. Wedding Stuff maybe? (they sprinkled in stuff from the last community voted pack into some other packs since, so who knows)
  • Options
    Geralt_ofRiviaGeralt_ofRivia Posts: 126 Member

i hope, I just can't imagine what it might be, a pack focused on winter holidays doesn't seem very logical nowadays, moreover, I suppose they prefer to do a rework before that, a farm pack in a gamepack seems a little bit without logic maybe focusing on expansion? maybe some package focused on relationships or bands to match universities
    I’m hoping for some type of hotel pack where we could manage hotels/resorts. Also an update allowing to place Hotels in all of the worlds and being able to turn the current vacation worlds into residential worlds. That would be awesome in my opinion

• Options
    Since I'm not counting on there being two EPs this year (sure, we had that the last two years but before that it was only one a year), I think there won't be a new GP until June. Wouldn't surprise me though if there were some more SPs this year instead though.

TL was a surprise and we know there's gonna be the knitting one at some point this year. Wedding Stuff maybe? (they sprinkled in stuff from the last community voted pack into some other packs since, so who knows)

I still think they ll stick with 2 expansions this year and one will be revealed at EA Play like last year 2 weeks before release.
  • Options
    If we're getting a Gamepack in February it has to be announced Next Week.
  • Options
    IempssIempss Posts: 5 New Member
    I don’t know about you guys, but why is SimGuruNinja’s twitter pic a farmer? Or am I just dreaming/hoping?
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Iempss wrote: »
    I don’t know about you guys, but why is SimGuruNinja’s twitter pic a farmer? Or am I just dreaming/hoping?

I just checked this based on the posts on here, I think you're right. If so, that would make sense in March, April or June.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.