Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Complete uninstallation of the Sims 4, how to?

plauplau Posts: 183 Member
Hi!

I want to completely remove the game so that I can reinstall it again at a later time, start fresh! I've used so much CC and mods that I think my game is beyond repair, lol, it never works as it should and it's soooo slooow... Even when I take out the mods folder (I know, it could be my computer as well but it's really not a bad computer) I just want to start over. I uninstalled the game in Origin, but I noticed the EA folder is still there with the Sims 4 folder in it.

I can just shift-delete the EA folder, right..? It will surely create a new one when I install the game again from Origin? I suppose it's the way to do it, but after googling it I read somewhere that the EA folder should NEVER be deleted.. So I was unsure, figured I'd ask the forums for help before proceeding. :)

I just want to delete everything, like I never had the game in the first place. Clean my computer of everything EA and Sims 4. So I don't care about save files.

Is it okay to delete the EA folder? If not, how do I delete everything?
Post edited by plau on

Comments

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited January 2020
    As long as the folder is empty you should be fine. In Origin your Sims 4 icon is always present and will display an DL icon. Do not delete the parent folder for where your Origin games are installed as you would delete all games including Sims 4. I delete the Sims 4 folder in the subfolder in the parent folder when I wish to start fresh as Origin will just make an new Sims 4 folder.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    plauplau Posts: 183 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    As long as the folder is empty you should be fine. In Origin your Sims 4 icon is always present and will display an DL icon. Do not delete the parent folder for where your Origin games are installed as you would delete all games including Sims 4. I delete the Sims 4 folder in the subfolder in the parent folder when I wish to start fresh as Origin will just make an new Sims 4 folder.

Ok, thanks. :) On my computer, the EA folder is in the documents folder. And inside the EA folder is just the Sims 4 folder. Looks like I don't have an Origin folder, but I guess it's because I've only downloaded Sims 4 from Origin, no other games.

But as long as I just delete the EA folder it's fine, right? :) Sorry if these questions are nooby, I just want to be sure. Thanks again!
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    plau wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Ok, thanks. :) On my computer, the EA folder is in the documents folder. And inside the EA folder is just the Sims 4 folder. Looks like I don't have an Origin folder, but I guess it's because I've only downloaded Sims 4 from Origin, no other games.

But as long as I just delete the EA folder it's fine, right? :) Sorry if these questions are nooby, I just want to be sure. Thanks again!

Yeah, that's fine. I have the "Electronic Arts" folder and within that I have just The Sims 4 and The Sims Medieval. But as long as TS4 is your only game in there, you should be fine.

Your Origin folder should be located elsewhere, not with the EA one, so don't worry about that. Just don't delete any Origin folders on your computer.