March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 5 timeline

2...Next

Comments

• stewbystewby Posts: 79 Member
    I don't want the old Sims games to be in the same timeline but I would love the option of putting a really expensive old painting in a starter home and classing it as an inheritance or something like that without resulting to cheating.

So, Mortimer Goth's grandson could have like an old dining room set or an old statue which he inherited. He could then have the choice of keeping it or taking a hit in the family aspiration by selling it for the money (if the proper aspirations came back. the ones that took a lifetime to achieve).

One thing I would love back is the little chat things from the old Sims loading screens... you know, like reticulating splines and things like that. I think that would be a bit of a "pop" for long-time players.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I think Sims 5 should be the descendants of the original townies with a back story of who they are and how they are related.
  • PotsaePotsae Posts: 79 Member
    The Sims 2 continued The Sims 1 and I don't remember anyone complaining that it is not how things went in their game haha. I'd like The Sims 5 to continue The Sims 2 storylines or at least just bring them back. I just really want them to be interesting, fleshed-out, to inspire to play, to keep an illusion that sims had lives before the player came not like the latest premades. Every timeline is alternative in a game where player decides, I don't want any alternative timelines to older games again.
    I wish Sims games would be done by Sims fans or even geeks. The kind of us who remember premades, their ties, all The Sims 3 hints with Don's time travel, Bella's grave in Lunar Lakes etc. or at least would check them in wiki. It's true that a game can be played without ever seeing premades, but it's also true that 15 years after The Sims 2 people still discuss, write fanfiction, draw art and ask where Bella Goth is. Unfortunately, the devs probably prefer the 'pew-pew' Star Wars over subtle lore of The Sims nowadays haha.