Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are the offered electives random?

I finally decided to get DU during the Origin sale, and my first student is my actor sim who, according to his back story, has a literature degree. He enrolled in UBrite's distinguished literature program. I was also hoping to hone his other performing skills while there, like singing. But during his first term, only guitar was offered as an elective (among the musical skills.) The second term, they only offered piano. Is there some way to know which electives are offered in a term, or is it just random?

(On an unrelated note, the acting career glitches are killing me. It's annoying how task progress resets and how the no touching quirk prevents my actor from rehearsing his scenes.)
Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?

Comments

• Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Have testingcheats true cheat in use then hold down shift key and click on your sim then max out their fame and freeze frame under public image option. To add fame points the cheat code is famepoints then however many fame points you want to add on. for example famepoints 10 You can also use the cheat(hold down the shift key while clicking on your sim) to add in quicks and set your sims reputation. Otherwise, it really takes too long. MCCC will let you promote or demote your sim as a celebrity but it doesn't allow you to add fame points or set your sim's reputation or let you add in quirks.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    That...has nothing to do with my question about electives or the glitches with the acting career
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    That...has nothing to do with my question about electives or the glitches with the acting career

I got a kick out that.

As for the question, I'm pretty sure they are random, as far as I've noticed.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

I got a kick out that.

As for the question, I'm pretty sure they are random, as far as I've noticed.

Got it. It doesn't help that I own every pack that introduced a new skill. The list of electives would be long if they offered everything each term

• Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Save before you enroll. That way, if you don't like the electives, you can reload your save and try again. You can probably get an elective for the skill you prefer if you just have enough patience and persistence. They do change when you reload.
  • Options
    Sketch793 wrote: »
    Save before you enroll. That way, if you don't like the electives, you can reload your save and try again. You can probably get an elective for the skill you prefer if you just have enough patience and persistence. They do change when you reload.

Thanks! That's very helpful.