Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims4 2020 whats next ?

Comments

• Options
    liipeabreuliipeabreu Posts: 8 New Member
    Hope we get a trailer today, i'm antecipating a winter vacation or a romantic venice gp
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    liipeabreu wrote: »
    Hope we get a trailer today, i'm antecipating a winter vacation or a romantic venice gp

Sadly we didn't.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    The silence is such a torture :D:D
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    The silence is such a torture :D:D

so true
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    HayleeSimsHayleeSims Posts: 124 Member
    I think we'll be getting a medieval pack this year especially with all of that medieval stuff from Get Famous. They can reuse some of the set items and will probably reuse the sword fighting animation as well. I just need my sims to get off their phones for a bit lol!
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I know posted this before a year ago but this song always pops into my head at times like this
    Lonestar - No News (Official Video)
    https://youtu.be/FcxA4w3KKLE
    at least we get more time to guess
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Winter Sports with an honest to goodness “Hockey Rink”. Not that pathetic excuse for a figure skating rink.

Yes it gets cold up here in Canada and we Canadian Simmers play Sims so it’s about time HOCKEY was included.

https://youtu.be/TUqFGbqhUGc

Yeah, EA, it’s been twenty years. Football, basketball and baseball have all gotten their time in the spotlight.
    And I play hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey,
    hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey,hockey all the time!
    Take shots!
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    FiercyFiercy Posts: 18 Member
    As much as I'd like horses in the game (and I really, really do), I just don't see that we'll get them because of the lack of open world. Same reason cars don't really make much sense.

I'd really like to see more animations in the game. More lifelike poses, like a relaxed sit, the ability to sit on the floor, the ability to watch TV or play games while sitting on the bed (maybe cross-legged). I miss the ability to read in bed, too. Do I think they're coming? Unfortunately not.

- I think we might get a werewolf pack at some point--probably a GP.

-A winter pack seems like a done deal what with the questions in the survey. The question is how they'll roll it out. Will there be a new winter world? Will there be a winter resort (please, please, please)? I'd be over the moon with winter content that's really awesome, like "real" skiing and snowboarding--not just in a giant half-pipe, ice skating on ponds (please give us a water tool!), and a log cabin lodge with a roaring fire, relaxed sitting animations and hot cocoa.

-Of course we'll get the knitting pack.

-I think we might get a "friends/generations" type pack, hopefully with improved relationships. I don't play legacies much but I know it's a huge thing, and it's really sad when your young adult sim goes to visit their parents and they're treated like a guest. They should be able to go spend the weekend, especially between school terms, and do all the things they would do at home.

I'm not sure what else is coming. It seems like they've given us half-patootied versions of what made the previous incarnations of The Sims so wonderful, so it's hard to know what they'll do next.
  • Options
    Fiercy wrote: »
    As much as I'd like horses in the game (and I really, really do), I just don't see that we'll get them because of the lack of open world. Same reason cars don't really make much sense.

I'd really like to see more animations in the game. More lifelike poses, like a relaxed sit, the ability to sit on the floor, the ability to watch TV or play games while sitting on the bed (maybe cross-legged). I miss the ability to read in bed, too. Do I think they're coming? Unfortunately not.

-A winter pack seems like a done deal what with the questions in the survey. The question is how they'll roll it out. Will there be a new winter world? Will there be a winter resort (please, please, please)? I'd be over the moon with winter content that's really awesome, like "real" skiing and snowboarding--not just in a giant half-pipe, ice skating on ponds (please give us a water tool!), and a log cabin lodge with a roaring fire, relaxed sitting animations and hot cocoa.

-I think we might get a "friends/generations" type pack, hopefully with improved relationships. I don't play legacies much but I know it's a huge thing, and it's really sad when your young adult sim goes to visit their parents and they're treated like a guest. They should be able to go spend the weekend, especially between school terms, and do all the things they would do at home.

I'm not sure what else is coming. It seems like they've given us half-patootied versions of what made the previous incarnations of The Sims so wonderful, so it's hard to know what they'll do next.

New Winter World? Yes
  • Options
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    My Guess is:
    Gamepack March 2020 A Romantic Ski Resort
    Expansion Pack June 2020 Castaway with a Genie or Farming
    Stuff Pack August 2020 Knitting
    Gamepack September 2020 A Full Moon with Werewolves
    Expansion Pack November 2020 A Rock'n'Roll Singing Band with Drums & Trumpets

Maybe??

you can get sims castaway on ds and psp still @SERVERFRA if you want to try it
    I think it would be really cool if they added it to sims 4
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

Ugh I want this so bad. I feel like they look so tense all the time. And I really want the ability to sit on the floor cross legged. And definitely more animations!!!

I don't know if it's this year or not but I also hope we get a generations pack eventually. 🤞
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options

Ugh I want this so bad. I feel like they look so tense all the time. And I really want the ability to sit on the floor cross legged. And definitely more animations!!!

I don't know if it's this year or not but I also hope we get a generations pack eventually. 🤞

so do I
  • Options
    Vines12Vines12 Posts: 100 Member
    I really like everyone’s ideas on here here’s the order I think things will go:

Update on some current game/expansion packs
    Knitting pack
    Expansion pack (maybe vacation show theme)
    More updates on current packs
    Stuff or game pack
    News on the sims 5
    Another update
    Expansion pack

Something like that

• Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    My Guess is:
    Gamepack March 2020 A Romantic Ski Resort
    Expansion Pack June 2020 Castaway with a Genie or Farming
    Stuff Pack August 2020 Knitting
    Gamepack September 2020 A Full Moon with Werewolves
    Expansion Pack November 2020 A Rock'n'Roll Singing Band with Drums & Trumpets

Maybe??

That would be a great year! I would just want the ski resort to have a residential option. And I need saxophones too!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    edited February 2020
    It stands to reason Werewolves would come with a Farming EP, being countryside creatures and all, much how Mermaids came with a Tropical EP. And given the horse indications found in code...
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I highly doubt that a farm pack including horses could spare any ressources to also bring Werewolves.

My guess is we will get the knitting SP in the second half of the year. The winter EP won't be released before the end of the year or maybe even the beginning of 2021.

Additions to existing packs will not come with an update. They will be packs we'll have to pay for. I also doubt they will come this year because EA will choose the pack(s) to expand based on the vote they did. So they will not have started to develop such a pack. The vote was to make sure they don't get slapped for releasing a pack based on a pack that has already been released (see the My First Pet Stuff Release Desaster). That is also the reason they are working to be able to release packs that require another pack for console and the like. They announced to are planning to do it with MFP this year. That will make it possible to go for the same concept in 2021.

For 2020, I think we'll be getting horses and farming (not necessarily with the same pack). I'm still hoping they'll release horses in a pack with unicorns and fairies.

As they said they'll surprise us with new concepts this year, I guess we'll also get stuff we didn't have in previous iterations. I hope one of them will be a funeral pack, which would probably be the second stuff pack.
    Maybe also a royalty pack (though I hope they will leave space for some conservative themes like Generations, Hobbies and Romance).
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    well I doubt we'll get any news since its the week end
    they are looking for someone who knows about singing though
    that could be for the radio or it could be for a band pack
    Post edited by comicsforlife on
  • Options
    IempssIempss Posts: 5 New Member
    SimGuruNinja has a profile picture of a farmer on Twitter. That might be a hint?
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm just putting it out there that I do want horses and have been waiting for years for them. I'm fine with having a horse-oriented world. Some of the worlds we've gotten have more open spaces for riding. I'm not expecting all of my sims to store horses at their houses, but a new farming world could accommodate them like Appaloosa Plains did.

I want the horses to be part of a broader country theme. Werewolves aren't for me but I hope that those waiting for them get them. If these came with some 80s themed stuff, I might be tempted but otherwise, I'm willing to leave that theme for others.

Romance, chemistry and personality needs an overhaul. February would be a good time for that but so far, we aren't seeing it.

There's definitely room for more vacations and I'd be interested in those. Alpine, winter or Italian themes are still waiting. I've said for a while that I'd do an African safari or some other World Adventures type of theme. I'd also be willing to do a GP based on some kind of adventure theme. Others mentioned Castaway, we kind of have that with the shipwreck in IL, but maybe if it was more Caribbean and involved pirates and somehow beach resorts?

Beach resorts are missing. I remember hotels being in the survey vote, I would be interested in sending my sims on vacation and maybe in running a hotel or in having secondary vacation homes.

I'd also be interested in a baby overhaul and probably family content if that comes out. At this point, I have a game full of characters but I still like stuff that adds to it.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    cars and horses i have no interest in due to lot loading constraints , i would love a baby update , more for kids to do , romantic interactions IE slowdance , musical groups and possibly with a lead singer , more instruments to play , pool table , more humour in the gamr rather than the annoying interactions that get really old fast , speeded up cooking instead of all the silly animations that make cooking take hours
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    well guys @SimGuruDuke says the next pack is not a Theme park Time to guess again...
  • Options
    well guys @SimGuruDuke says the next pack is not a Theme park Time to guess again...

I'm going to guess either a Generations or a Romance Based Pack.
  • Options
    Iempss wrote: »
    SimGuruNinja has a profile picture of a farmer on Twitter. That might be a hint?
    He said that was just for MYSims.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I don't think we'll get any news this month because there's a sell on for 12 days
    and I don't think they announce anything with a sale on. do they ? @catloverplayer
  • Options

I'm going to guess either a Generations or a Romance Based Pack.

that would be so great I hope your right @catloverplayer