Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I really hope we have 5 more years left.

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Please dear god no ;-;...
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited December 2019
    logion wrote: »
    I understand why people would want that. But supporting a game for 10 years will make it difficult for Maxis to add new features. Because they are building and maintaining a code base that will be so old.

I don't think that's true because sims3 had waaaaay more than sims4 and the amount of content was not what caused the problems. I know they say sims4 has a bad engine but it's still newer than sims3, and right now it's super stable. I only had one crash in all of these years and it was from cc, and it runs like a dream. I believe they can add another 5 years of stuff. 🤗

I agree that the sims4 is much more stable than the sims3 and I think it could still support more packs for five more years.

But I'm just worried that we will get more bugs appearing with every patch and core features of the game that will not get expanded or updated with new packs because the base game code is so old.

For example they patched the game recently and they managed to break the shower/bathtub combo. And the reason why the UI interface for classes in Discover University is so clunky is probably because they spent a lot of time going back to the base game code to get classes to work with the base game work interface, because the base game was not built for it.

I don‘t think so. Duke said this some time ago: „My technical directors are terrified when I tell them I want to build DLC for five more years“. They might have ideas for five more years but they‘re reaching their limits from a technical point of view.

They are terrified because with each packs they are adding, they are adding more things they need to check to make sure that the game does not crash. Like I said, I think it can be done...but I really don't recommend it.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I understand why people would want that. But supporting a game for 10 years will make it difficult for Maxis to add new features. Because they are building and maintaining a code base that will be so old.

I don't think that's true because sims3 had waaaaay more than sims4 and the amount of content was not what caused the problems. I know they say sims4 has a bad engine but it's still newer than sims3, and right now it's super stable. I only had one crash in all of these years and it was from cc, and it runs like a dream. I believe they can add another 5 years of stuff. 🤗

I agree that the sims4 is much more stable than the sims3 and I think it could still support more packs for five more years.

But I'm just worried that we will get more bugs appearing with every patch and core features of the game that will not get expanded or updated with new packs because the base game code is so old.

For example they patched the game recently and they managed to break the shower/bathtub combo. And the reason why the UI interface for classes in Discover University is so clunky is probably because they spent a lot of time going back to the base game code to get classes to work with the base game work interface, because the base game was not built for it.

I don‘t think so. Duke said this some time ago: „My technical directors are terrified when I tell them I want to build DLC for five more years“. They might have ideas for five more years but they‘re reaching their limits from a technical point of view.

They are terrified because with each packs they are adding, they are adding more things they need to check to make sure that the game does not crash. Like I said, I think it can be done...but I really don't recommend it.

It's not just crashes, it's performance overall, bugs, AI, etc.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Well before they quit and make me start all over buying the same packs again, I hope they add sooooo much more content to TS4 first. I want as much as possible to hold me over in case I decide not to move on to TS5.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    The game is already boring for me as it is, im hoping to see sims 5 announcement soon, unless they patched personality or traits update
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • ladybrixtonladybrixton Posts: 5 New Member
    [quote="cheescaeks;c-17347775"][quote="Sigzy05;c-17347753"]New ideas like....horses? Romance? Vacations and hotels? Bands? Hobbies?

Nah...there's still a lot of ground the past iterations have covered that TS4 hasn't...in 5 years. I don't know why people say it's time for "new things" when we haven't even gotten the full package yet :D [/quote]

"like yeah, we still have things like creating a band, werewolves, etc. that are being asked for but you know what i mean. the big ones are out of the way"[/quote]

But in the Sims 4 they take the small things and make them into packs that are mostly window dressing (new worlds with little to do). So they will take a feature that was part of an old expansion pack, make a new pack out of it but then not add about detail to make it entertaining enough to last even a day’s gameplay before it becomes boring once again.

This game came out in 2014 and it seemed primitive then (with reversal of ore features from previous games and no new groundbreaking feature - emotions was and never will be a groundbreaking feature). Add a ten year time line onto a game that was primitive when it came out and you have the death of a franchise.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    The game is already boring for me as it is, im hoping to see sims 5 announcement soon, unless they patched personality or traits update

I agree so much.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    I'm ready to move on tbh. More packs wont fix what's wrong with the game. At this point I play TS4 for the mods that are available for it, not the game itself. The modders *make* the game imo.

Hopefully TS5 returns the personality point system of TS1 and TS2 and combines that with the trait system from TS3. That would make for some very interesting and diverse sims
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited December 2019
    I don't see how having a Sims 5 will fix everything wrong with Sims 4. And I seriously don't see EA releasing a Sims 5 with many things from the expansions when EA knows we'll buy them.

Sims 4 could use some serious re-doing of Young Adults, who are basically Adults but... younger.

And I'm not asking for LOTS to do with babies, but something - anything - would be nice. Just more than feeding and changing.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    Exactly they have not done a thing to improve traits or personalities since release no matter what they add its more of the same. I miss the days the game would create drama from your Sims actions with things like cheating now your Sim would just smile and start a conversation with the cheating spouse and the Sim involved. Obviously the traits are a complete joke none of them coming with any unique behavior or animations you can sit back and observe.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I don't know why people say it's time for "new things" when we haven't even gotten the full package yet :D
    I can tell you why being one of the people that wants a new Sims game. I feel ( and I am shour that I am not alone) that lately EP’s
    And stuff are a bit lacklustre take Island living or whatever it’s called as a prime example. A nice looking world and having open water swimming was a nice addition but the boats were pointless the mermaids were underused and the new careers were a chore not fun at all also there was no fundamental change to the gameplay.I feel that the devs are bored of The Sims 4 and just carrying on because it’s still making money but it’s suffering because of a bord dev team. I think that a new game would revitalise the series and the dev team as they have something new to work on they can look at the Sims4 and think what worked what sucks and how can we do better and this tome write a product life cycle. That’s just my argument for a new Sims game.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I never wanted TS2 to end but it did. I had to live with what we got, never did get some of the stuff I wanted. However, if after five years I have to wait five more to get more content then that doesn't sound like TS4 was very interesting does it? If it takes five more years of more content so people can feel like it will hold them over in case they don't want TS5, then that sounds like after five loooong years of TS4 it didn't have enough gameplay or concept or focus to keep people playing if a new game comes along.

That's really sad because TS2 players felt it had enough content after four years and so much so that they never moved over to TS3. They weren't praying for five more years. TS3 has so much content and gameplay for those fans after five years they never moved to TS4. Why should TS4 need five more years (10) to make people feel it's only by then a game they can play for fifteen more years without moving over to TS5?

As for saying now that Seasons, Pets and Uni are done they can explore new ideas, hate to say it but I'm still waiting on Seasons, Pets, and Uni for TS4, because what they produced doesn't reflect the concept of those packs. It's like a baker selling a chocolate cake the first time, then the next time selling the flour to me, or the egg, or a teaspoon of chocolate and telling me, here's your chocolate cake. I'm still waiting on major packs to actually come to fruition what I have seen so far with the major packs is an egg for sale.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

It's not just crashes, it's performance overall, bugs, AI, etc.

Yeah, funny that I run TS3 way better than TS4.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    I don't see how having a Sims 5 will fix everything wrong with Sims 4. And I seriously don't see EA releasing a Sims 5 with many things from the expansions when EA knows we'll buy them.

Sims 4 could use some serious re-doing of Young Adults, who are basically Adults but... younger.

And I'm not asking for LOTS to do with babies, but something - anything - would be nice. Just more than feeding and changing.

I also don't see how sticking with TS4 will fix everything wrong with it. At this point it is so bad than nothing can fix it.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Loanet wrote: »

Obviously it won't. TS4 would end in whatever state it is and we'd get a hopefully better game instead.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    edited December 2019
    They said by 2023 they will be finished
    with Sims 4.
    Plus they still need to bring Genies, Werewolves, Fairy Sims, Heartshape Beds, Bunk Beds, Castaway, Time Travel, Color Wheels, France/China/Egypt World Adventure, Horses,
    Old Western Stuff, 1980s Stuff, 1920s Stuff, Generations & Medieval.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited December 2019
    How did I know this was going to turn into another ts4 must end hate thread? :/
    I was hoping to hear more people who would also love another 5 years 🙈 so I don't feel lonely.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited December 2019
    I was hoping to hear more people who would also love another 5 years 🙈 so I don't feel lonely.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    with Sims 4.
    Plus they still need to bring Genies, Werewolves, Fairy Sims, Heartshape Beds, Bunk Beds, Castaway, Time Travel, Color Wheels, France/China/Egypt World Adventure, Horses,

no they didn't and I hope for more years to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I feel like everyone wanting five more years of TS4 are going to ask for another five more years once the five years they’ve asked for is up.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

I'm so sorry people are being so rude on this thread. :( I'm not ready for Sims 5 yet either.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I hope not. :#
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

Lol they’re just mad at the fact that TS4 is the most successful Sims game to date and as a result it's going to have by far the longest life span of any Sims game :D
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited December 2019
    elelunicy wrote: »

Lol they’re just mad at the fact that TS4 is the most successful Sims game to date and as a result it's going to have by far the longest life span of any Sims game :D

I don't know if that is something to be proud of or not. This basically means that the community is fine with them selling shallow/halfbaked content. This will give EA the free pass to do the same even more with TS5. The standards have already been significantly lowered with the Sims 4.

But I always say; if people enjoy the Sims 4, go ahead. It's their money, their fun, their time, and that's the most important.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    with Sims 4.

By that time,nobody's going to even be buying Sims 4 anymore-people will of gotten sick and tired of S4 and gone back to S1,S2 and S3. If EA wants to keep their loyal fanbase and not lose millions of dollars,then they'll stop Sims 4 in late 2020 or early 2021,and give us Sims 5. Really-why hould EA keep churning out a broken game that gives us nothng but bugs,glitches and half-baked packs that only have base game venues plunked in? Future packs such as World Travel,Farming,etc will most likely just have gyms/libraries/museums/bars plunked in with no new lot types or gameplay. If they do manage to put things like farmers' markets,movie theaters or county fairs in,then those thing will most likely either be boring rabbit holes or useless building decor.

I really cannot see people wanting to stick with half-baked packs or countless bugs and glitches until 2023. After all,nothing can last forever.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • livinginablenderlivinginablender Posts: 1 New Member
    @Babykittyjade I am happy playing TS4 as well and don't see the need to spring into TS5 yet. You're not alone! I am having a lot of fun with TS4 still.