Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please reconsider door lock and bed assignment options.

Playing around with the room mate system its rapidly becoming quite annoying in regards to doors. I'd like to have a private section of my house that is open to my own sim and his house guests. Unfortunately the only option regarding room mates is to.. lock the door for everyone except room mates. Pretty much the exact opposite of what I want. Yes, I can lock for each individual if they happen to be on the lot when I'm doing it but some convenience would be nice please! Doors seem to be unlocking themselves too if my sim zones into another lot then comes back, so only having to go through one lock cycle instead of individual sims would make this less irritating.

Vampire specific issue:- Vampires with the 'Sleep of the Undead' weakness are unable to assign beds to other sims. I don't see why my sim sleeping in a coffin himself should make him unable to assign beds to other sims. I had to temporarily bring another sim into the household to assign beds. Presumable the logic of this went, "Hey Bob, can you move in here for a second and I'll tell you which beds to assign to my new room mates, then you can tell them and then could you move back out please? I am unable to directly talk about beds to them as I sleep in a coffin. What? Yes I KNOW I'm asking you to tell them, but I cant tell THEM'

I'd have done a bug report for these issues but I don't believe they are bugs.

Comments

• mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Agreed. I have the same issue. If I quit and reload my game, I find the locking system bugs itself out, and I wouldn't know about it until my butler faints on the ground or pee in their pants because their quarters are inaccessible anymore. (RIP butler one and two)

I would also like the option to lock doors for my active sim because I find it so frustrating that she goes to her other dormmate's rooms to do her homework, then complain that they're making a ruckus. (Well, why you go find trouble when there's a perfectly working desk in your own room lol). :neutral: I get this is kinda a bug, but being able to lock doors against my active sim is a nice workaround. Also I have lots with multiple houses on them to make neighborhoods seem bigger. Would be nice if I could lock her out of those other houses. Seems like she's breaking in to use the toilet or swim in their pool haha!
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Yet another thing they did better in ts3. You could assign which sims you wanted to have accesses to each room individually. Was perfect for dorms in university. Don't know why they didn't do the same with this one.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • RhiannonravenRhiannonraven Posts: 128 Member
    It would be so nice if locked doors still let people through if you invited them in. I find it annoying if people come wandering into my yard/house, so I'll lock the front door/gate, but then when I want to invite people in there is just no way for them to enter ):