Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crashing every time traveling.

Comments

• Valk5Valk5 Posts: 27 Member
    [quote="catloverplayer;c-17404978"][quote="Valk5;c-17404091"]I was having this issue since shortly after IL came out. The game crashed so frequently exiting build mode, cas or just randomly.. it was mostly unplayable so I started a new game on a new save and no more crashes! I then tried my old saves again and it crashed so I think it’s probably corrupt data. I didn’t want to lose my progress from the old saves so I tried saving them onto a new save instead of overriding the old ones and so far no crashes! Thought I’d share if anyone hasn’t tried yet[/quote]

That's good to know. [/quote]

Ugh nevermind, I crashed twice today both times while traveling.
  • BfeverBfever Posts: 40 Member
    Valk5 wrote: »
    Valk5 wrote: »
    I was having this issue since shortly after IL came out. The game crashed so frequently exiting build mode, cas or just randomly.. it was mostly unplayable so I started a new game on a new save and no more crashes! I then tried my old saves again and it crashed so I think it’s probably corrupt data. I didn’t want to lose my progress from the old saves so I tried saving them onto a new save instead of overriding the old ones and so far no crashes! Thought I’d share if anyone hasn’t tried yet

That's good to know.

Ugh nevermind, I crashed twice today both times while traveling.

I did something similar. I took my big save file and broke it down into two smaller save files with the goal of keeping family connections together in one file and smaller families without many connections in another - I kept the big file as a backup. I deleted all of my 64x64 lots :( ,changed the max sim count from 150 to 80, then deleted a ton of townies that I don't interact with (although they regenerate) and deleted the homes for the sims that are now in the other save file. I can travel a bit more (and actually travel to active career locations like the hospital and lab, which I haven't been able to do since July). The travel crashing still happens, though not as much. It is stressful though to keep track of the multiple saves and not accidentally save on the wrong file, so I have to pause and think before I save which is annoying (whereas I only had one save to worry about and 2 backup slots that didn't matter how I saved).

The crashing in CAS though is BAD. If i want to make changes to a sim in CAS, I have to do it exactly when I load into the game in manage worlds. If I do it later into the session or after loading into a household it will crash. I've come too close to taking out my poor TV in frustration after updating multiple outfits in the each of the 8 outfit categories for 8 sims, only for it to crash and not save!!!

I did also start a 4th brand new save file which now has 10 active sims and so far so good. It runs smoothly, loads faster but it still crashes after traveling to multiple locations, but no where near as bad as my original big save or even the smaller saves do. Though no one should have to lose the sims they've worked hard on creating and cultivating stories for, to have to start fresh.

With all the money we've spent on this game, we shouldn't have to do so much to try to just be able to get it to play as it should. I haven't heard a peep about them even "working" on fixing these specific crashes...I almost feel like they don't even know what to do to fix it - I just hope they're quiet because they are trying to get it right. I've reported these different crashing issues so many times, between my ps4, twitter and the EA help form, I've lost count.

I do love the gallery and them bringing it over to console and being able to download PC builds, so they get HUGE props for that, I just wish they could put in fix & put a stop the incessant crashing and I will gladly throw my money at them for new content. But until they get their stuff right, I'm not inclined to support them like I want to.
    @Bfever wrote:

With all the money we've spent on this game, we shouldn't have to do so much to try to just be able to get it to play as it should. I haven't heard a peep about them even "working" on fixing these specific crashes...I almost feel like they don't even know what to do to fix it - I just hope they're quiet because they are trying to get it right. I've reported these different crashing issues so many times, between my ps4, twitter and the EA help form, I've lost count.

I do love the gallery and them bringing it over to console and being able to download PC builds, so they get HUGE props for that, I just wish they could put in fix & put a stop the incessant crashing and I will gladly throw my money at them for new content. But until they get their stuff right, I'm not inclined to support them like I want to.[/quote]

Sorry, I’m not sure how to correctly quote on here, lol! Just wanted to agree 100% with your comment. I guess I lucked out for a couple of weeks on the new save that I didn’t crash but after placing a sim family and lot from the gallery it’s started again. I crashed twice again last night, once when coming out of build mode and when exiting to main menu. I report it each time but it’s been going on for so long and for so many of us that I’m starting to think it will never be fixed. In the few times I’ve seen a response from an EA rep, their solutions don’t work. Hope you’re right, maybe they’re silently working on it
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    What I don't get is when someone has been playing the game for a long time with no problems at all; no crashing, all households load fine, traveling is great. But then, a new patch or a new pack is installed and all of a sudden the game starts crashing a lot and the developers immediately start blaming it on corrupt saved files or game data rather than a bug now in the game itself.

How I described all these current issues with my dad today is that the base game is like a small file in a filing cabinet. You start installing new packs, creating more Sims, building highly detailed homes and making the game bigger but the filing cabinet hasn't changed. It starts buckling with all the content. What is needed is to make the filing cabinet bigger with more breathing space.

I mean, who releases a patch that's designed to make a game run slower the more people have going on in it? Developers should make sure their games are always running at optimal efficiency.
    2quwd7.gif

@catloverplayer Thanks for sharing the info! Helps to know they’re actively investigating the problem
    That's good to know. My game is crashing every single night and I can't play some households as it crashes when trying to load them.

SimGuru's response seems to suggest that the developers wanted people to keep this game as small as possible. It needs to be adjusted to cope with people's creativity. If they want to make highly detailed, modern houses on large lots, it is their right to do it. The game shouldn't punish them for it by reduced frame-rate or crashing.
    2quwd7.gif

For the past several weeks, I don't know how many reports I've submitted saying "Tried doing this and the game crashed."
    2quwd7.gif

@adamclark83 Same here, I report each time it crashes. This has been an issue for months, don’t think they don’t know how to fix it. On top of crashes, For the past week I’m having issues with gallery not showing on the main menu. I have to relink my EA account almost every time I start the game for it to come back. Also it’s been a week that everything I downloaded to my library has disappeared. I’ve reported on the technical issue forum and tried the troubleshooting tips but no luck. It’s extremely frustrating.
    I feel your frustration. I always tell my dad about these problems and he tells me:

"Haven't you got it into your head yet? They're not going to fix it. So long as they are getting your money, they have no intention of ever fixing these issues, because they've got the market all wrapped up. Now, if they had competition watch how fast these issues would be fixed."

To this game's developers, what do you think about this statement? Is he right?
    2quwd7.gif

• NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I think it's the gallery that's causing the crashing, my internet isnt working at the moment, my game hasn't at all while travelling and it did alot
    edited March 2020
    Ever since the recent patches and installation of Discover Universities pack, from what I have noticed I can't load a single lot in WIndenberg now. Every single lot used to load no matter which it was but try to load one now and the game crashes every time the loading bar is completed.

Even the 64x64 lot in Del Sol Valley crashes every time I try to load it ever since I modified it slightly from the World Map.
    2quwd7.gif

• iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    Seems to be a problem with old/bloated games with aggressive crashing loading any lot. Although I’ve abandoned my old save and now play a new game, there is still crashing in the new save. The crashing isn’t as aggressive in new saves. Crashing generally happens coming out of build mode too many times or traveling way too much at once (game can’t keep up with itself). Thus the game will start to struggle and give out. It seems like it can’t stand pressure. They need to fix or tweak something because it has the potential to run smooth consistently.

As for crashing randomly coming out of build mode and it hits you like a brick.. tip: save while in build mode just in case. I can almost predict when my game is gonna crash by it’s performance.

@adamclark83 If it happens in just that save you might have to abandon it in the meantime and play new. It’s really annoying but unfortunately we have bear a little crashing at the moment. 🙁
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
    I now seem to be submitting crash-error reports every night now;

"Tried to play another household after playing one for a while and it crashed"
    "Tried to play a household after being in Build mode for a while and it crashed"
    "Tried to return to the World Map after a playing a household, it crashed"

How many of these do I have to submit before these issues are fixed?? Before the recent patches, especially the December one, and the installation of "Discover Universities" I have never had this many crashes and I'm getting tired of it.
    2quwd7.gif

Any idea when these crashes will be fixed? Now, I'm finding more and more households that always ran fine now crash every time I try to play them.
    2quwd7.gif

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Any idea when these crashes will be fixed? Now, I'm finding more and more households that always ran fine now crash every time I try to play them.

I'm hoping soon. Their also looking into the game blue screening.

What I also find irksome is the issue with two loading screens. When you have the first loading screen of just the rotating logo, sometimes it doesn't load the loading bar so it's stuck on this screen.
    2quwd7.gif

The other night I finished a very lovely house on the flat 50x50 lot in Sulani and I moved a woman into it last night. Went to play the household and just as the loading bar completed, it crashed.

Started up the game again, selected the same lot and just as the loading bar completes, it crashes.

I am really starting to get angered by all these crashes. The game never crashed this often, when traveling or loading residential lots, before the December patch or every patch since and the installation of Discover Universities.

When will it be fixed??????
    2quwd7.gif

• NadiaStroudNadiaStroud Posts: 1 New Member
    I've been having severe Error 22 issues since the second to last update. My issues with it seem without a doubt linked to the Gallery.

I play on Xbox One.

Something is corrupt in the gallery so that when you NEW save something you've built, it corrupts the game and you get Error 22. Funny, saving OVER a copy of the same build but with some adjustments does NOT give Error 22.

I do not EVER download from the Gallery any longer as any builds from it corrupt my game saves.

But I've figured out a complete fix for this on Xbox One. The Error 22 issue, that is. I've done the same fix 5 times in a row now and it hasn't let me down yet. If they update again after 4/17/20, I cannot guarantee the fix will work but can keep the post updated.

I was hoping to post it, but seems I either cannot post a new topic yet or I just cannot seem to find the button/area I'm supposed to go to to post it. You can never find console Sims 4 fix answers online I've found, just PC answers from about 4 years ago..LOL.

If anyone can help a Simmer out by letting me know if/how I can post a new topic for this fix, it would be appreciated. I think my fix post would help solve a lot of problems for X1 Simmers with the Error 22 issue. It might possibly work for PS4 players as well, but I don't know how it runs on PS4.

Thank you! :)
    It seems this game foreshadowed home isolation. When your Sim's at home and wants to travel, it'll punish them by making the game crash.

I don't know about anyone else but I am now utterly sick of being limited to what households I can play because quite a few of them crash every time.
    2quwd7.gif

• iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    Just lost an entire three hour build due to crashing. Really upset and need this fixed badly.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    iamoz96 wrote: »
    Just lost an entire three hour build due to crashing. Really upset and need this fixed badly.

Oh no! :neutral: that's not good. I've had that happen with gameplay too.
    Tonight I replaced a Sim in one of my city apartments with a new created Sim, go to load the household and each of the three attempts, the game crashed.

I hate to it but ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2quwd7.gif

The other night I finished a very lovely house on the flat 50x50 lot in Sulani and I moved a woman into it last night. Went to play the household and just as the loading bar completed, it crashed.

Started up the game again, selected the same lot and just as the loading bar completes, it crashes.

I am really starting to get angered by all these crashes. The game never crashed this often, when traveling or loading residential lots, before the December patch or every patch since and the installation of Discover Universities.

When will it be fixed??????

I think that lot is still an issue on the PC as well. I don't think it ever got fixed.
    We're due for a major update on the console. Hopefully it will fix these crashing issues. They've had plenty of time to work on fixes. I bet the PS5 won't have these issues since it will be much faster.